New Experimental 64Bit Sam Build

CarnyPriest

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a build for PinDMD3 updated to r3823 (i.e., incorporates the latest pindmd.dll found on pindmd.com). No way for me to test, so let us know if it works or not.

So far so good!

Everything is loading and running as it should.

I just installed my PinDMD3 yesterday and tonight will be my 

first real chance to spend some time playing tables with it.

I will report back if I encounter any issues.

Cheers!

• Content Provider

Carny thanks for the link but I was already using that version.

I thought it was unified version and you wanted people to test it regardless of whether you had a pindmd3 or pin2dmd.

Couple of questions.

In the future any chance adding a 16 color check box as an option in pinmame so we dont have to load pallet files for the color sam games?

It would be great if there was better integration for loading dmc files or possibly putting the dmc file in the sam directory as the rom and having pinmame use the values in the dmc file.

Any chance of more pinmame color dmd support in the future?

I know Toxie has been working on Pinmame but its open source and was wondering if anyone else intends to add more features?

• Content Provider

Since the SAM support is not in the official version because of possible legal conflicts,

there is very little chance that a feature like 16shades, which is only need by SAM, is going

to make it into the official source. What would be possible is to extend the sam build with some

features, but that might cause trouble with the patch compatibility to the official build.

I think we have a good working solution with the script based upload of palettes for now.

the main problem with supporting more than 4 colors is that the whole source base is not up for it at the moment (e.g. also gottliebs and alvin g's 6 shades would not work).

i introduced some sidepaths, mainly for VP and Unit3D (colored) DMD support, but its not yet up to also replace the 'normal' DMD window output, but hopefully soon.

then we should have a much more flexible solution overall.

• Content Provider

Carny thanks for the link but I was already using that version.

I thought it was unified version and you wanted people to test it regardless of whether you had a pindmd3 or pin2dmd.

Couple of questions.

In the future any chance adding a 16 color check box as an option in pinmame so we dont have to load pallet files for the color sam games?

It would be great if there was better integration for loading dmc files or possibly putting the dmc file in the sam directory as the rom and having pinmame use the values in the dmc file.

Any chance of more pinmame color dmd support in the future?

I know Toxie has been working on Pinmame but its open source and was wondering if anyone else intends to add more features?

Just to be clear, if you are using the version from the main download link then you are using the correct version for you. VPinMAME_SAM_PINDMD3_2.27 is ONLY for PinDMD3 users.

Hi CarnyPriest,

Just a little feeback regarding PinSound support : with v2.27 of SAM PinDMD, it seems that the Sound Mode setting isn't saved when you change it.

When I open VPM settings, the Sound Mode field is empty but I think it should show 0 (builtin emulation). If I change it to 2, click OK and get back in settings the field is again empty.

I tried with PinSound Studio, and it's always showing waiting for Visual Pinball.

Tried with the official VPM beta v2.7 19 feb 2016 and everything works.

Thank you ;)

++

• Content Provider

I can confirm this error, but I get the same behavior when I compile the current official source without any SAM build edits. It is not a SAM build issue. I can achieve a complete build without any errors or warnings - VS2012 Express. There have been some official source edits since 19 Feb that may have impacted PinSound support. I would not want to revert back as then we would lose some PinDMD3 support. You will want to report this in the official VPM beta support thread at VPForums.org. Thanks. 

I don't know if it may help, but I took a look in the registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\game_name\.

With VPM 2.7, the Sound Mode = 2 registry key is added in the game_name registry tree, but not with VPM 2.27, even if you change VPM's game options.

++

I had to go into HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\

and manually change the following:

Find and replace all:

"sound"=dword:00000000

to

"sound"=dword:00000001

And

"showwindmd"=dword:00000001

to

"showwindmd"=dword:00000000

Changing them in Vpinmame's Setup would not stick otherwise.

Other options were saving fine using the Setup.exe:

Skip Tests, Use Samples, Ignore Rom CRC, Cabinet Mode, and Use PinDMD.

This is for PinDMD3...

• Content Provider

Yeah, this is nothing to do with the changes made to produce a SAM build. Same behavior if I simply build from the official source. I don't have much else to try at this point but to go back and examine the diff at r3817 and start playing around with the source code. I'm not a developer or a user of C++ so this may take a while. I've got a lot of real life commitments at the moment.

Here's a build for PinDMD3 updated to r3823 (i.e., incorporates the latest pindmd.dll found on pindmd.com). No way for me to test, so let us know if it works or not.

Thank you for this build.  It fills in the couple of tables I couldn't run without playing games with the ROM names and works 100%.  Great job!  It should be posted over in the SAM download section because it is kind of buried in the 64-bit thread.  I was very happy to find it and I think others might not be so lucky.

I have VPX working with VPM and DirectB2S working on a two screen display. So I decide to try out VPinballX64.exe and this 64 Bit SAM build installed to it's own folder completely separated from my regular VPX and Physics Mod 5 and I notice trying out the VPX table of Demolition Man that DirectB2S isn't running so I just got the DMD by itself on my second display.

I go into my VPX folder and launch exact same table and DirectB2S works with Wildman's awesome BG running.

Anyone happen to know what's up here?

• Content Provider

I haven't tested the 64bit builds myself. I thought these could co-exist in the same folder as 32bit. In any case, if you are maintaining a separate folder then I guess you can try copying over your screenres.txt, server dll. B2S xml, etc. I don't think that you need to re-register B2S server.

Archived