New Experimental 64Bit Sam Build

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider

Hi, I've attached the new experimental 64bit build based on v2.25a for non-PinDMD, PinDMD2, and Pin2DMD.

note that the 64bit and 32bit builds can both coexist in the same directory.

but you need to run the setup64.exe and press install for the 64bit dll to work.

You can find setup64.exe in Toxie's beta distribution here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1#entry256944

I stress again that this is purely experimental (I haven't tested it yet myself), but I hope that users give it a try to help iron out remaining issues. Just to keep feedback more centralized, please leave your non-SAM related feedback on the VPF thread.

VPinMAME64.zip

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

i tested on my laptop, i could install it

when i click on setup paths, it says direct draw not supported but it doesn't block anything, i can test roms, it seems ok.

with vp as well, but i can't tell if when i run a game, that it uses vpm 32 or 64 bits, from task manager or whatever, how can we tell?

also, once that is confirmed, i would like to make sure i can try that one and rollback to vpm32 bits when i want, without an issue, once i know that, i can test on my cab

don't we need vp64 bits for vpm64bits?

Thanks

• Content Provider

i tested on my laptop, i could install it

when i click on setup paths, it says direct draw not supported but it doesn't block anything, i can test roms, it seems ok.

with vp as well, but i can't tell if when i run a game, that it uses vpm 32 or 64 bits, from task manager or whatever, how can we tell?

also, once that is confirmed, i would like to make sure i can try that one and rollback to vpm32 bits when i want, without an issue, once i know that, i can test on my cab

don't we need vp64 bits for vpm64bits?

Thanks

Those are all good questions. I haven't tested it myself, so I don't know the answers. You might try asking at the VPM alpha/beta thread at VPF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

ok i'll have a try

would it be possible to rename the dll so i can put the vp64 version in the same directory than the other vp builds? so far we can do that for all the vp versions, it could be great :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I have a pin2dmd but its doesnt work. Infact it gives you an error. Cant create controller class. Error 0x8007007e specific module could not be found

I assume its looking for the pindmd3 dll?

Use this link

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sam-for-desktop-cab-pindmd1-pindmd2-pin2dmd/

Archived