Guys New Video Card In Now To Connect All 3 Screens, What To Do Adapters?

Rushfan1974

Ok guys I bought a EVGA 970 gtx and threw it on tonight, not thinking about how im going to hook all 3 screens up. So my main screen is hooked up using the DVI, the second screen can also use a DVI input but the 3rd ( DMD ) is a older moniter and uses a vga cable. Now do I buy a HDMI to VGA? Displayport to VGA or use a DVI to Vga adapter then get a Adapter for the DVI cable. Not sure whats the best route and after looking online it looks like the hdmi to vga adapters are active adapters? Anyway thanks for your input guys.

• Content Provider

You need DVI-I to VGA adapter.  Note that the DVI-I connector has a flat blade pin with 4 pins around it.  (DVI-D to VGA will not work because those 4 pins are missing).  Something like this:  http://www.amazon.com/Generic-DVI-I-Dual-Link-15-Pin-Adapter/dp/B0037UCTXG/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1453249997&sr=1-1&keywords=B0037UCTXG

On the GTX970, only one of those DVI connectors is DVI-I (has the 4 pin support).  Use that for the VGA monitor.  Backglass, I guess use DVI to DVI cable that you have.  Playfield, go HDMI to HDMI if monitor supports it or HDMI to DVI if not

Ok joe that sounds good, ill have to get a Hdmi to DVI adapter. It doesn't matter  what card is where in the grand scheme of things? Also I tried to see if it works on my cab now ( windows XP 64 ) but I needed hacked drivers since Nvidia doesn't support the 970 in XP. When I turn on my cab it wont boot in in multimoniter mode, Oh well im switching to 7 Ultimate 64 bit tomorrow.

surprisingly enough, it actually does work.

however..... the VGA cable is just a bit too heavy to keep it steady inside the displayport.

so i have to figure that out.

if i keep holding it steady i have a DMD, otherwise i don't.
but then of course i can't see the screen and play the game :unsure:

I got another problem, trying to install windows 7 from a thumb drive but it won't install to the ssd because it keeps thinking that the thumb drive is the primary partion. I've tried some workarounds but to no avail. Gonna grab a 36in sata and try it off of a dvd drive tommorrow.

just a tip, don't know if you already tried it but....

there is a legit microsoft way to boot your win7 installer from a thumb drive.
https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

i remember i used this one a lot, don't know about SSD since i don't have that much experience in that area.

i recently bought a SSD for the PinCab and i cloned it with Reflection.

good news,
now i'm just guessing here, but if you look at the file Controller.vbs it could say to open B2S.Server for all your tables.

i've seen in new VPX tables they tell to check the Controller.vbs, so ALL your new vpx tables will try and run the B2S Server.

you can adapt this to option 1, for VPinMAME.Controller.

Archived