Having Issues Getting Pincab Controller For Zeb's Plunger Installed On Windows 10

bpjacobsen

On  Windows 10, the pincab controller driver is not being picked up automatically when plugging in the USB. I tested it on my win 7 laptop and it shows under com ports right away and allows me to install the driver manually. I have tried disabling driver signing security and everything I'm supposed to do. Windows 10 is not allowing me to install this inf file for some reason. Anyone else encounter this issue and able to resolve? I don't want to have to rollback to windows 8.1 since I am using a normal PC tower that sits under my cab. (this way I can use it for regular PC purposes as needed rather than having a PC confined to only my cab)

• Content Provider

dont have windows 10 setup, but did you try a USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 3.0 port (blue color)

Also, take a look at steps 4-10 of this document for manual driver install (its for a different driver/device but you get the idea).  It's for Windows 7, so don't know if windows 10 is completely different approach or not.

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/blob/master/documentation/Pin2DMD%20installation%20-%20FW%20and%20Driver.pdf

Update: I have been using the proper instructions disabling driver signing w/ no luck. I found this link: 

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/usb-devices-not-working-windows

However, for whatever reason, the device instance path showing in device mgr for the USB (HID) entry created when plugging this controller in is not listed in the registry where it should be and there is no option to set the power mgmt to 0. In the events tab in device mgr, it says "Device HID\VID_20A0&PID_41B2&MI_02&Col02\7&3b8bb626&0&0001 could not be migrated." My guess is that it's b/c the proper driver is not associated with it so I would think this is not relevant to the real issue here which is that I can't get the driver to install. Does anyone know why the device instance path would not show in the registry as per the above link? I tried both USB 2 and 3. like 4 different ports. I know they work b/c I have a wireless keyboard using one of them.

Archived