Vpu To Drop Fp Support?

Dazz

Drop Future Pinball from VPU?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should we drop Future Pinball from VPU?

• Yes
    • No

freneticamnesic

thanks for the SAM LINK. I downloaded SAM.  You were good in Rumble in the Bronx, and Rush Hour was some good fun. I am not curious about your XXX movie. 

480f151.jpg

Itchigo

Sam scripts might fix the problem. I post and comment all the time..  I tried both. Future Pinball is still my favorite, but i will use VPX as well. 1 thing when i use the Magnifier to zoom in (IN VPX) the program freezes if I am zoomed in too much. It may be my slower pc. I know VPX just came out but does this happen to anyone else ? it freezes and at the top it says (not RESPONDING) sometimes it unfreezes when i zoom back out.

stefanaustria

LOL. i had no idea what sam was. I made a VP game already called Ant World, You can use the stuff from it, or the scripts, or upgrade it. Its not that great of a game but its fun, I need to check the other tables and learn how the lights are made. VPX is not as easy to use as FP. For me VPX stutters a little when i am making shapes- [walls]  and also when i zoom in it freezes. My pc is from 2010 i5 so its also that.  -_-  When I have the time i will build another pc.

i7 Nvidia DDR5. 

185c0a6.png

The i7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0sCQHDzxWM

No i7 yet. so you say 99.9% no stuttering. Same here when i move [wall] shapes. I think it is the program itself.  I run this right now and its not bad very fast and quiet fan. i5 2.4 mhz 8gb RAM/ 1tb HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

My friend has dual core so if i build a new one in 1 or 2 years i give my old  pc away to them for free. 

mine has a USB port.

c4ab71c.jpg

• Content Provider

Using the magnifier in VP... that's been a known issue. It'll make the editor run slow if you "over magnify". But I thought they should've fixed that in VPX? I saw that discussed at vpf.

I'm using an I-5 2400k overclocked to 4.0. with a GTX 280 1G DDR3. An SSD for booting, and 5TB within a couple drives. My cab computer is outside my cab, and I use it as a desktop as well. Since my cab is next to my desk I have it hooked to the cable. I watch movies on the backglass. Going on 5 years since I built it....

No stutter on anything vp9. I have tried vp10, and don't have any there either, but I haven't actively played vp10 other than testing something.$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Yes the program is much better. I try not to magnafy so much but i like to make it look good so sometimes you have to zoom in. After the 2nd zoom it starts to get a little shaky.

I tried some VP8 tables and they were very ugly graphics. It will be a good thing to bring those games from VP8 to VP10 update them. 

I really l like this one. VP9 I am a fan of war films and shows, So i watch this show and MASH, full metal jacket, platoon. Deer Hunter, Inglorious Bastards.

ff6797c.jpg

It's good to see a little bit of love for FP ☺. i like the look and feel of VP better but FP is getting more of a work out of my cab atm from my daughter on fp Strikes N Spares, Minions etc. It has great originals and some different non authentic versions. That being said i read stuff here and on the other site about FP and get the tables from Pinsimb. It's great how all the table files, screen shots and vids are all in the same tab. This website overall is awesome and the contributors and characters on here make it a great site to visit.

Have yet to try VPX. Still on v9.2. Worried about stuffing it up and breaking something that works. I do really wanna try the SAM tables though. Its daunting to update all my tables, B2S and media etc for the last 12-18 mths.

I'm also hoping to post a cab build thread on here soon when i get a chance to get involved and contribute/comment.

KOP I agree with you on FP originals, especially those tables using Physics 2.5-2.7. The tables play nice, and the graphics are pretty nice on the some of the newer builds. SlamTilt has a website - www.speak1970.wix.com/slamspinballemporium -  to FP releases and he is frequently updating his Ultimate tables to play better in BAM. Many of the current VP tables owe a thank you to these FP devs for ACDC, CSI, 24, Stern Indiana Jones etc for their models and playfield layouts that they used in creating fantastic Phymod 5 tables.

BTW, you are missing out big time by not setting up your cab with Phymod 5 and VP10 tables. They are fantastic. If your worried about messing things up, just make a backup of your current install then go nuts. Are you using PinballX? The latest version 2.1 makes setting up multiple VP's a breeze. Check it out. 

Thanks Paulo. I am on PinballX not sure which version but fairly new. I think from memory you just setup up other versions of Vp like you do mame, is that right? I read some where about doing a registry back up too so i will try all that soon. I really want to try some of the pm5 tables like Indiana Jones and Metallica. Not sure if my rig will handle X but should 9.9 and pm5. ☺

• Content Provider

I love the look of FP but I removed 100% of those tables from my cabs as the flippers drove me nuts.  Have the fixed the accuracy yet of those?  They are/were just as bad as pre physmod/VPX.   Felt like having a Ferrari that you couldn't get the wheels aligned right.  Looks pretty and drives but you can't keep it straight on the road.

The Tron Legacy original was one of my favorites as well as Friday the 13th.

• Content Provider

I love the look of FP but I removed 100% of those tables from my cabs as the flippers drove me nuts.  Have the fixed the accuracy yet of those?  They are/were just as bad as pre physmod/VPX.   Felt like having a Ferrari that you couldn't get the wheels aligned right.  Looks pretty and drives but you can't keep it straight on the road.

The Tron Legacy original was one of my favorites as well as Friday the 13th.

I don't think a cab is complete without FP because of the originals. I'm always on the lookout for people's favorite originals. Which Friday the 13th do you like?

When I first built my cabinet.. the OCD in me said.. Randy, you have to have ALL the tables. ALL OF THEM!!! So I spent months and months downloading every single FP table I could find. But in the end, I only ever played MM. The rest just sat there taking up space in my menu. Sure my table count looked awesome.. But they had no feedback, I couldn't bump the table.. none of the lights went off, no kickers or anything else.. Then once a GOOD MM came out on VP.. I removed ALL the FP tables. Never looked back.

Sure they have some beautiful tables.. and some of the best custom tables.. as far as looks. But I did not spend thousands of dollars on a full blown fully interactive cabinet, to play games that make zero use of my toys.

• 1 month later...

Archived