85vett

Mustang Pro

44 posts in this topic

TT11, that was it!!

i can confirm that db2s, and this table were not playing nice together on my system, especially with PM5.

i switched to run pinmame controller, and it launches properly now in PM5.

i also created a static mustang db2s incase there was an error in the backglass, but i still had the same issue.

so i am running a plain static non db2s backglass with pinmame controller for now.

it figures that i missed this solution.

i have had a db2s conflict on one or two other tables in the past.

if the table came stock with pinmame controller as default, i would have picked up on it as soon as i switched to b2s controller.

i usually test run tables before i alter any script, checking for rom issues, etc.

when this table asked for the db2s during my first test, i just added the db2s to comply, but then i couldnt get any further to test, because the db2s was stopping the launch.

for some dumb reason i tried everything else but this solution.

i am also running XP.

is anybody able to run this table with the db2s without issue?

if so are you running XP?

thanks/sparky

Sparky70 - I am beginning to think it might be an XP thing.  It has only affected about 3 tables of my 402 installed in my cab, so its not becoming a big issue..... yet....!!!

Good job TT!  Definitely looks like an XP issue, I'm running 32 bit as well.  Also loaded a static backglass for my Stones in VPX when I installed it a while back because of no start with dB2s (AC/DC no problem). Not much lighting on the Mustang dB2S anyway, just some random flashing, so static backglass is cheap price to pay for improved PM5 play,

Randy

So there may be sme conflict between PM5 and XP.

I am also getting a different issue when launching some tables from PM5.

Sometimes when i launch a table, it opens very slowly, and then when i finally opens, it runs very slowly, i then have to press F3 to reset the rom to get the game to play.

Is it possible to upload videos here to show this?

Hey guys, I love this table. I'm trying to swap out the yellow model with the car my dad owns to surprise him. I've already got a good pic and photoshopped it. I see the table uses a primitive model. I don't know what a primitive is though. How can I take a 2D image and create a .obj file? From what I read about .obj files is that they are full 3D models. The car looks like a static .bmp in the game. Can I covert an image, or just delete the primitive and replace with a static image? Thanks guys. I need to learn table building badly.

Hey guys, I love this table. I'm trying to swap out the yellow model with the car my dad owns to surprise him. I've already got a good pic and photoshopped it. I see the table uses a primitive model. I don't know what a primitive is though. How can I take a 2D image and create a .obj file? From what I read about .obj files is that they are full 3D models. The car looks like a static .bmp in the game. Can I covert an image, or just delete the primitive and replace with a static image? Thanks guys. I need to learn table building badly.

You can do many things.. primitive is a 3d model. You don't need to use this. You can select the car primitive in VP and uncheck the "visible" box in the options on the right

Then you take the image of the car you have, you should open it in photoshop or something and remove the background/make the background transparent and save it as a .PNG image - then you can go to the image manager in the editor with Mustang open and import your .PNG image. Now you can make a VP ramp using the tools on the left, make it not-collidable, make the walls not-visible, set it to imagemodewrap, and set your .PNG as the image. You'll have to adjust the size and etc of the ramp to make it look right but that should get you started

Am too also having Rom issues loading this table, I generally never have these problems. Downloaded the Rom from stern website and no matter how inrename the zip file or the bin filename within the zip, I just can't get this to work.

Download the rom from the download section here and give it a try. I remember reading this solved it for others.

You can do many things.. primitive is a 3d model. You don't need to use this. You can select the car primitive in VP and uncheck the "visible" box in the options on the right

Then you take the image of the car you have, you should open it in photoshop or something and remove the background/make the background transparent and save it as a .PNG image - then you can go to the image manager in the editor with Mustang open and import your .PNG image. Now you can make a VP ramp using the tools on the left, make it not-collidable, make the walls not-visible, set it to imagemodewrap, and set your .PNG as the image. You'll have to adjust the size and etc of the ramp to make it look right but that should get you started

Fren, 

Thanks a million for the advice. I appreciate your help. I have the model, and placed it on the playfield. I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it visible on top of other plastics. I can't find where to make it draw on top of other layers. It's showing up underneath the "shift" plastic. ekdw5Cv.png?1

Am too also having Rom issues loading this table, I generally never have these problems. Downloaded the Rom from stern website and no matter how inrename the zip file or the bin filename within the zip, I just can't get this to work.

One trick i did was if you have any other roms (preferably stern) just copy the whole zip file into the same directory (click to highlight then hit control + v  you should see it say xxx.zip copy) and take your bin file put it in the copied zip file and delete the original bin inside the zip. That should work like a charm, just make sure you rename that zip whatever the bin file is called. I was having a whole bunch of problems getting twd_125 with the voiceovers installed and that fixed it.

Another thing look in the script (line 29) and see what rom it's calling for. If it's calling for a different rom that hasn't been updated then you need to update it in the script to look for the current rom.

Download the rom from the download section here and give it a try. I remember reading this solved it for others.

i cant seem to find the rom on this site, is there a link?

Pinbill - As Fren stated.  But you also may need to bring it to the front.  Right click on the image and select the "bring to front".  That combined with adjusting the height should make it work.

Right now your height looks to start off at 0.  Try having the bottom of the ramp start at 80 and go from there.  If memory serves me correctly that plastic above the drops is at a height of 55 units. 

Thanks for all the help guys It's working now. I was thinking in terms of photoshop and that the height would stretch the image, not in terms of how high off the playfield it was. It's working now! I did my first "mod". Yay me. 

My buddy has a real table and agreed to let me take it apart and scan the plastics so we can complete those. I'll try to get over there this week sometime and finish that up. 

Also, does anyone know how to edit the music playlist to add in your own songs? I'm not sure if it can be done virtually.

ZkbU2VJ.png

I just stumbled upon this section here at VPU. And I'm glad I found this thead. I had given up on Mustang after a lot of "messing around' with it. I also run XP and find that if the b2s is not running , that I can play the table. And an awesome, fun table it is. How do you add a "static" backglass so that if I launch the table from the editor that it will display?

If you want to display a static picture you need to use Pinballx or Hyperpin front end. VP can launch b2s backglass but not a static pic on the second monitor

I thought that was true--but there are a lot of things I don't know about VP. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks for reply