index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=3730

File Name: Metallica Pro FS PM5

File Submitter: 85vett

File Submitted: 27 Dec 2015

File Category: Recreations

Permission to Mod: Yes
ROM Name: MTL 131
VP Version: Experimental - PhysicsMod

Stern Metallica Pro recreation. Thanks for everyone's patience in the release of this table. I'm not sure what the most recent code is for Met Pro so you will most likely want to update that. Just download the most recent version and change it in the script.

This is a Physmod 5 table of which I highly recommend playing it in this version due to the much improved flipper physics. A VP9.9 version was not created. I was going to build a specific table in that version but lost interest. If anyone wants to make a conversion to VP 9.9 approval is granted to release.

Thanks to Dark for the Sparky head. I used a moddified version of JP's AFM ship movement script for the head so I should give credit to him for that. It's pretty cool using that script as nudging makes his head bobble, just like the real table.

Thanks to Fren for letting me use some of his Met table redraw. I had most of it already but was able to fill in some gaps from his PF.
Thanks to my testers - you know who you are.

Some people have experienced some issues with balls getting stuck on the cross. I've made a couple of adjustments which seems to have removed that problem. Hopefully that issues doesn't pop up anymore. Gameplay wise is very fast as I adjusted settings to play like my real Met table. I keep it waxed and super fast thus why this table is fast. I encourage everyone to play with the settings to make the game play as they wish.

Full rights to mod are given at this time.

It's been a fun ride building tables so hopefully everyone enjoys this one. Hopefully I'll get the bug again some day to build tables again.

Click here to download this file

Can't thank you enough for all the work you've done on VP. I truly appreciate it and I appreciate you releasing Metallica on Vp9 because VPX so far plays like ass on my cab:) Hope to see you here again soon! Happy New Year man!

Bah! I wish I was home so I could download and install. Looks like a winner. Can't wait to try it next week. Thanks, 85vett.

Game plays great, but it starts to lose audio sync after a little while. Only other game I've had that issue with was Big Buck Hunter, never resolved it. Any thoughts?

Game plays great, but it starts to lose audio sync after a little while. Only other game I've had that issue with was Big Buck Hunter, never resolved it. Any thoughts?

it is a vpm sam performance issue, that can be your pc not powerful enough, try another rom fir these tables if you can

"Error line 50 game not found". Here is my line 50 in the script GameName = "mtl_164", is this correct? I have the Metallica Pro 164 code saved in a file in my roms directory since this is the latest.

You have to place the .bin file inside a zip

If you used the new installer for vpx, then you have to place the file inside the vpx/vpinmame/roms folder

You have to place the .bin file inside a zip

If you used the new installer for vpx, then you have to place the file inside the vpx/vpinmame/roms folder

This is a Physics mod 5 table not vpx. Also I tried to make an zip of the Metallica bin "MTL164.bin" and named my zip archive and line 50 code in the script the same and I still get error line 50.

That doesn't matter if it's a pm5! If you used the vpx installer that came out last days then the directories changed definitely.

But I think you just simply have the wrong vpinmame version ;) you have to download the Sam-pinmame unified 2.22 or 2.23 which is available here at the forums. :D

Compress MTL164.bin (right click the file...) and rename the result mtl_164.zip

Copy it into your rom folder

the gamename must be "mtl_164" note the unterscore, also in the name of the zip. Don't rename it.

If it still don't work, start the pinmame setup.exe. Click Test. Scroll the list. If the list does not show mtl_164 you are using the wrong pinmame version.

weird thing is I had Sam VPmame but chose the 2nd option on the download and not the 1st. I tried the first and now Metallica is recognized. Thanks for all the help guys.

Great table ! Thanks a lot to 85vett :)

Plays very well on my cab with rom164 but sound volume is much lower than my other tables. 

Sound volume in VP is on 100%, also rom volume is on 63 (max)

I also found two special settings in rom setup and changed them to maximum sound (music volume = 15, music attenuation = 1)

Metallica and low volume: doesn't really fit ;)

Compress MTL164.bin (right click the file...) and rename the result mtl_164.zip

Copy it into your rom folder

the gamename must be "mtl_164" note the unterscore, also in the name of the zip. Don't rename it.

If it still don't work, start the pinmame setup.exe. Click Test. Scroll the list. If the list does not show mtl_164 you are using the wrong pinmame version.

Many thanks but can`t get the Rom to work, Its asking for MTL163 rom, tried renaming the it mtl_164 after zipping it. All of my other Stern tables are working fine??

YES YES YES!!!!! (jumping up and down)

Thank you for another great piece of work.

You rock Vett!

Junky

thank you for this wonderful table!

Does anyone know how to get the music to play louder?    I have table volume at 60,  music volume at 15 (max) in adjustments menu, it would be great if it could go louder!

thank you for this wonderful table!

Does anyone know how to get the music to play louder?    I have table volume at 60,  music volume at 15 (max) in adjustments menu, it would be great if it could go louder!

minus = increase volume

Many thanks but can`t get the Rom to work, Its asking for MTL163 rom, tried renaming the it mtl_164 after zipping it. All of my other Stern tables are working fine??

If it is asking for that code then the script is showing mtl_163.  You don't want to change the code number in the zip file.  Just looked at the Ster website and the newest code for the pro is mtl_164.   You need to download it.  Keep it as a zip file and rename the file to "mtl_164".  Then in the script change it to show "mtl_164".  At that point it should work just fine.

minus = increase volume

yes, i know. As stated it is currently at 60.  That setting raises the global volume.  I am talking about the relative volume of the music vs the fx,   15 still seems too soft.  Maybe we can export the mp3's, up the volume and then re-import them?  has anyone done that yet?  I know you can add custom music, so it shoud be posssible.

yes, i know. As stated it is currently at 60. That setting raises the global volume. I am talking about the relative volume of the music vs the fx, 15 still seems too soft. Maybe we can export the mp3's, up the volume and then re-import them? has anyone done that yet? I know you can add custom music, so it shoud be posssible.

Try minus (-) 15 for music, this raises the level for it