Uploading Palette Text Files To Pin2Dmd

gtxjoe

• Content Provider

I have connected via mini-USB, but am now getting the ST board as unrecognized by Windows.  I am running win7 64 bit.

Tried to manually update the driver from ST-link site with STSW-LINK009 (files: stlink_vcp.inf and stlink_dbg_winusb). Windows complains that both drivers are not for 64 bit.  Is there another driver somewhere for 64 bit systems?  Or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance.

• Content Provider

I figured out the device driver issue (either I needed to reboot after initial connection OR the St-link Mini-usb was not connected all the way).

Now I have flashed the firmware- with pin2dmd.bin file.  My question now is how do I now what version?  Under the ST-link utility it shows V2.J25.S0.  Is that a valid version (or 2.5 or greater)?

As above when I use the Pin3DMD.exe, when Selecting #8 Gives me a colorized palette,  The others are fine. ex: #6 offers various shades of Yellow.

• Content Provider

Then I do NOT have the latest version flashed somehow......?!?!?!  And yet, I selected the pin2dmd.bin file from 3.26.2016 with a size of approx. 222 K.  Do I have to do anything special to Flash (I loaded the bin file and simply selected update and followed prompts).

Mine shows v1.27 opensource upon booting.

Edit:

I just tried flashing the firmware again.  The documentation for this could be clearer.  I ended up going to the ST site for clarification.  (Needed to do Program ).

Thanks, sending a donation now!

Archived