Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=General_Frequently_Asked_Questions#Can_this_run_in_Visual_Pinball.3F

Can this run in Visual Pinball?
Currently, no. Eventually, probably. The code will need some modifications to be visual pinball friendly. It's not there yet.

... here is nothing about a "forbidden", i think ... and "... it's a Hobby Project, not commercial ..." (at mainpage)

Declared as freely: http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=Main_Page#The_Game_Code

I read the T's & C's over there the other day while we were getting this to work. The author states that the code is freely available to use and modify non commercially as long as it prefixed with being a seperate project not affiliated with the original work.

"but I ask that if you make changes to it for your own use that you DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE IT under the same project name, and make it VERY CLEAR that it is not the same thing, so that I don't have other people asking me about code I didn't write."

So I guess Dazz it looks ok as long as you make sure it's clearly stated that it's not CCC for P-ROC but change the name to something different and have a very clear description distancing it from the original work. The reason I mentioned that the project was not changed enough to warrant being called something different in the original release was because the changes were minor but in retrospect any change is probably enough for it to fall into the category above.

• Administrators

Epthegeek is a member here on the site.  I've sent a message to him asking if we could host the VP version of the code as long as it specifies that it is for VP only.  Technically this is a separate project and could probably be re-hosted based on the comments on his site.

I'll work on creating a new download section for PROC/VP conversions.  The B2S feel free to upload to our normal B2S section so we have an archive of it there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there - Arngrim when you get a moment would you mind submitting the DOF map I included earlier in this thread to the config tool so users who have managed to get this running are able to play with DOF.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Dozer.