Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

• Content Provider

Not yet, there's not really a list of what commands we can and can't use with the VPROC controller, so I was going to just mark the ones that do work and start from there, copy those and change the script until the other solenoids work

For example the ballrelease works and the drain works, well mostly, so most other solenoids probably need a rewrite to match the way those are scripted

The thing thats puzzling is the BartPopper is coded the same way as the MinePopper. The BartPopper works and the MinePopper doesn't.

Solenoids, switches are confirmed. So strange. And of course it works fine in vpinmame mode. I tried 5 different versions of the CC table.

I can fake it by having a ball create at the minepopper and trigger the switch when that happens but thats not the way I want to have it to work, lol.

Not yet, there's not really a list of what commands we can and can't use with the VPROC controller, so I was going to just mark the ones that do work and start from there, copy those and change the script until the other solenoids work

For example the ballrelease works and the drain works, well mostly, so most other solenoids probably need a rewrite to match the way those are scripted

vp_game_map.yaml is in C:\P-ROC\shared\config\
also in C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\

i havent game_map.yaml File ... just found one at horseys Files,

added to my, the same ... Abort with Error.

cc_13:
# Path to the game directory - relative path from tools/register_vpcom.py
# so this is C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon
path: /../games/cactuscanyon
# the CCGame class is in the game.py file
kls: game.CCGame
# Path to YAML - seems to be ignored anyway
yaml: /../games/cactuscanyon/config/cc_machine.yaml

And i try to start CCC.vpt from C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball\Tables
with VPinball991.exe from C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball\

VP Script:

Const cController = 4 'Choose Controller: 1-VPM, 2-UVP, 3-B2S, 4-VPROC
Const cGameName = "cc_13"

Sub LoadVPM(VPMver, VBSfile, VBSver)
On Error Resume Next
If ScriptEngineMajorVersion < 5 Then MsgBox "VB Script Engine 5.0 or higher required"
ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile(VBSfile)
If Err Then MsgBox "Unable to open " & VBSfile & ". Ensure that it is in the same folder as this table. " & vbNewLine & Err.Description
Select Case cController
Case 1:
Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller")
If Err Then MsgBox "Can't Load VPinMAME." & vbNewLine & Err.Description
If VPMver>"" Then If Controller.Version < VPMver Or Err Then MsgBox "VPinMAME ver " & VPMver & " required."
If VPinMAMEDriverVer < VBSver Or Err Then MsgBox VBSFile & " ver " & VBSver & " or higher required."
Case 2:
Set Controller = CreateObject("UltraVP.BackglassServ")
Case 3:
Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")
Case 4:
Set Controller = CreateObject("VPROC.Controller")

End Select
On Error Goto 0
End Sub

Windows 10 is possible. I don't have win10 here but I did manage to run a setup over Teamviewer for Angrim.

Without knowing what's going on your end, I'll take a guess and say it could be the pywin32Com module. If you ran the "setuphelper.py", this pyCom setup is the first app that requires you to install by clicking next on.

There are several versions of these but you could try running admin rights and things like that. The setup for that will be in the _tempHorse folder that the setuphelper creates.

You could also check that by registering the vp_com.py. If the pycom is bad, it won't say registered.

Try running game by cmd line in the game folder.......python game.py. Checking games runs without VP first is always good.

One thing I just checked after I posted that........

If you are running the files from my post.... edit game.py

def main():
    try:
        game = CCGame()
        game.run_loop()
    finally:
        del game

if __name__ == '__main__': main()

Put this is the bottom of the game.py and then you can run the game the same as before. Python game.py

Thanks for your help, fren, but sorry, always get the "Permission denied" Error at VP start ... wah i could cry :angry:
Also tryed some Ways from horsey ... but i guess i could have a OS Problem also ... maybe ...

Could move all to Cab ( and try again ), but i first i will get it to run fine here.

Also i have config.yaml in Users/myUserName/.pyprocgame/ ... thats right ?
And a /dmd_cache was written before

font_path:
- C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\dmd\
- C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\shared\dmd
config_path:
- C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\config\
#dmd_cache_path: ~/.pyprocgame/dmd_cache
color_desktop: True
#pinproc_class: procgame.fakepinproc.FakePinPROC
#use_desktop: False
desktop_dmd_scale: 4

horsey, if i try to start your Folder with CMD, i think WITH yours is complete,
and i wonder, why i cant start it over CMD.
After i Change /cactuscanyon Folder back to my "working old", it run again and fine ... (but sorry NO VP :( )

I have developed a "mini Facebook" ( www.digisystems.at ), modified Game Emulators, a logic for a chess game, programmed many web-tool, but that is a mystery ;)

i think, its just a bit what i have to do ... but what.

you talked about TeamViewer ...

Thanks, but the same "Permission denied" ... :(

post-5730-0-59196700-1450017535_thumb.png

Maybe i try it again, later:

1. proc_env_insatller.exe

2. Yours (setupHelper.py)

3. create /game/cactuscanyon

4. put in game, dmd and Sound files

5. overwrite with Yours ...

Then i edited some .yaml Files, always get it ton run with:

> python C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\cc.py fakepinproc

Hmmm cc.py ? ...

i followed this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-cactus-canyon-continued-on-windows-7-or-xp-pcs-step-by-step

of course with other paths ...

OK, if you have this game running, I switched the minepop with the saloon pop and was able to play a complete game (without the pop up bad guy targets, but at least a full game)!

I know its wrong, but at least we can play the game now until we figure out the right way to code the minepopper.

' BEFORE
'Sub MineHole1_Hit() : ClearBallid : MineHole1.DestroyBall : PlaySound "KickerEnter" : vpmTimer.AddTimer 500, "bsMinePop.Addball" :PopMine():End Sub
'Sub MineHole2_Hit() : ClearBallid : MineHole2.DestroyBall : PlaySound "KickerEnter" : vpmTimer.AddTimer 500, "bsMinePop.Addball" :PopMine():End Sub

'AFTER
Sub MineHole1_Hit() : ClearBallid : MineHole1.DestroyBall : PlaySound "KickerEnter" : vpmTimer.AddTimer 1000, "bsSaloonPop.Addball" :End Sub '12-13-15
Sub MineHole2_Hit() : ClearBallid : MineHole2.DestroyBall : PlaySound "KickerEnter" : vpmTimer.AddTimer 1000, "bsSaloonPop.Addball" :End Sub '12-13-15

I just got a hilarious mode "Drunk Multiball" where the flippers were opposite, so left flipper press flips the right flipper and vice versa!
Here is a screenie :)

post-91-0-99326800-1450017945_thumb.jpg

Then i edited some .yaml Files, always get it ton run with:

> python C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\cc.py fakepinproc

You have to run Python Game.py . I did mention that file "Game.py" 3 times in the post. Game.py game.py game.py

game.py

You're making it overly complicated. I can't imagine how many times you have done the same installation, when you don't need to.

Your vp_game_map.py is not right. Double check, treble check. You shouldn't be editing ANY files either, apart from that VP_GAME_MAP.py

So, got it to run, thank you very much luvthatapex !
Thanks also horsey, thanks Fren.

horsey, you are right, but before, always i did a test with "cc", that was the only working ... until now ;)

Also i wonder, i had much less Files in my /Python26 Folder ... whatever, and always thought, when cc.py run, it cant be total wrong.

Haleluja ... lets try some Games ... ( but VP start with a RunTime Error )

( vp_game_map - you mean .yaml ? )

• Content Provider

I have Judge Dredd running well.

Horsey's source code adaptation for VP:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2286-cactus-canyon-continued-proc-in-vp/page-3#entry25259

the Visual Pinball folder has the table script and the entry for vp_game_map.yaml

You can adjust the size and location of the DMD with config.yaml in the root folder

Judge Dredd media assets linked in this thread:

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1626.0

Dozer's latest VPX beta table

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2286-cactus-canyon-continued-proc-in-vp/page-3#entry25260

horsey, you are right, but before, always i did a test with "cc", that was the only working ... until now ;)

Haleluja ... lets try some Games ... ( but VP start with a RunTime Error )

( vp_game_map - you mean .yaml ? )

It had to be altered to not use that file. That CC.py is just a loader (unneeded for VP).

Run time error should be common knowledge by now. https://bitbucket.org/horseyhorsey/pyprocgame-evildead/wiki/gameLaunch

Yes, its a yaml file.

Has anyone figured out how whatscript changes are needed in the Cactus canyon vpt to get the drop targets, train and mine popper working correctly?

It appears some of the mech commands are different with the vproc controller vs the vpinmame controller. So far these mechs don't work in the VB script.

* 4 drop targets

* mine popper

* train

*in-lane pop-up posts

This is really fun playing but its difficult to progress through the game without those items working.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on this in my spare time - I've ported the game to VP10, have the trough working properly, the mine mech has been recoded and works now but other stuff including the mine popper is still broken. The mine popper works in attract mode if you throw a ball into it manually so I don't think the vb script is the issue, it looks like it has something to do with the game code or timing. The train shouldn't be too hard to build without using the vpm mech routines but I haven't looked yet.

I'll post updates as the game comes to life (or not depending on unsolvable issues if there are any).

Chepas found a game breaker in the game code that resulted in a lot of this stuff not working.

Mine popper is working now - Bad guys should work too but I've not yet tested this.

Coding new Train mech tonight - so far so good - game is progressing slowly but surely.