Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

• Content Provider

i'm cool, and i don't feel responsible at all that the page is protected, this is nonsense over nonsense :)

anyway, ninuzzu, do you have plans to migrate your new cc to a proc version? that would be delightful :)

Ugh!. Sure enough. Project pages are password protected now. Took his ball and went home. Don't know what happened, but it was a cool project anyway. So, I respect the achievement. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail down the line.

Lol take my ball :). Some needs moon on a stick.

• Content Provider

if you are not interested to the topic that we discuss here, do us all a favor and go somewhere else, to your protected pages for example, maybe someone can understand you there

The custom core.vbs, should/could it be incorporated directly into the official scripts package?

And, please Arngrim, i'd look forward to the CCC translation/package, so don't stop doing it please..

btw: What about the CCEE package? Is that similar to install? (in case you don't know what it is: There was also some drama around these two packages, as CCEE is kind of a branch of CCC)

• Content Provider

i wanted to extend the controller.vbs to have a LoadPROC function (that would invoke the call of the vproc.controller), like the redefinition of the LoadVPM or the new LoadEM, but i didn't spent enough time on it

Ideal would be to have a solution to not have a duplicate vp folder with a script folder including the custom core.vbs, not sure if that's the only vbs that has been changed.

But if we can extend the controller.vbs and current core.vbs to handle proc then we don't need that duplication, but we have to see the benefit of doing this, because it's only 2-3 tables that uses proc

how far are you with the release of your new ccc Ninuzzu? if toxie and i do enhance the vbs, then the procedure to install proc will be even easier

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

P-ROC works with lcd monitors in color (if pygame or HDpyprocgame is used and 5v DMDs (128x32) in monochrome only.

You'll get monochrome out of a pin2dmd with the p-roc.

How do you get this to work on pin2dmd?   Where is the setting?  Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you should be able to get this to work with a PINDMD2 as I have it working with a pinDMD3 using freezy's dmdext screen capture functionality. I had only stumbled upon CCC over at vpinball and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I then started a thread over at vpforums asking if anyone could get this DMD for CCC workin colour on a pinDMD3, someone there suggest freezy's tool and low and behold wouldn't you know it, the screen capturing works like a charm, i use the following settings:

user_settings.yaml (Note: I've only got this running on a single screen while I work on my cabinet)

Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 25, Color Display Y Offset: 25,

Then my command line for dmdext is:

dmdext mirror --source screen -p 25 25 512 128 --no-virtual

freezy was wondering aloud if it would be possible to load DLL's from Python in order for CCC to use the dmdtext library directly to output it's display to physical DMD's... in my ultimate wisdom and not having read the CCCforVPreadme.txt until yesterday I posted the question over on pinside... oops... I see the readme tells me not too do date :) The original original author figured something like this should be possible but wasn't something he was looking to add... 

Anyone here have any additional thoughts on it? Would love to load this up without having to mirror the DMD on the screen and naturally my lack of programming skills has me left begging around the different forums :)

For other pin2k type cabs, Carnypriest modified the ep_desktop_pygame to invert the display and these are the settings I used in the user_settings.yaml to put the inverted monitor in the correct place

Color Display Pixel Size: 8, Color Display X Offset: 3300, Color Display Y Offset: 550,

• Content Provider

freezy was wondering aloud if it would be possible to load DLL's from Python in order for CCC to use the dmdtext library directly to output it's display to physical DMD's... in my ultimate wisdom and not having read the CCCforVPreadme.txt until yesterday I posted the question over on pinside... oops... I see the readme tells me not too do date :) The original original author figured something like this should be possible but wasn't something he was looking to add... 

Anyone here have any additional thoughts on it? Would love to load this up without having to mirror the DMD on the screen and naturally my lack of programming skills has me left begging around the different forums :)

Yeah, the original author changed his readme. Now I need to seek his written permission to continue to host the VP port. Not good!

The game is fully working on my cab now and the display is inverted beautifully on my pin2k.

Do I have to update an ini file to get the DOF working? I tried the latest directoutputconfig.ini... I didn't see anything in there for Cactus canyon continued... 

it is working, did you update your ini?

I'm having an issue with DOF and CCC where when I load the table (Not from a front-end) from a fresh start of VPX I do NOT get any DOF, but when I load a different table in VPX, close that table, then load CCC I get DOF working. I can't use this solution with a Front End as the front end shuts VPX down between table loads obviously.