Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

Bad guys are working! - the whole game is working now as far as I can tell, well the mechs anyway. I just need to get GI working now, put in the b2s stuff as this needs to be done in addition to the normal script like a VP EM table and do some proper testing but so far, so good. Chepas was the key to all of this as he is very familiar with the skeleton framework and discovered that the reason some of the solenoids were not working was because of a call in the code to disregard events if fake.proc was being used. Also the programmer of the extended addition used a patter call on some of the solenoid subs which is like PWM for coils which obviously works ok on the real machine but the VP bridge did not understand this command.

The game is really cool, some of the modes are fantastic and there are quite a few nods to other games including AFM, TAF, CV and Funhouse.

My port to VP10 is a pretty quick cut and past job but it plays ok - someone else maybe able to enhance it at a later date including proper scaling of the table dimensions and some other additions but for me personally it'll do. Anyway I'll hack around for a couple more days and hopefully it'll be ready to release.

Bad guys are working! - the whole game is working now as far as I can tell, well the mechs anyway. I just need to get GI working now, put in the b2s stuff as this needs to be done in addition to the normal script like a VP EM table and do some proper testing but so far, so good. Chepas was the key to all of this as he is very familiar with the skeleton framework and discovered that the reason some of the solenoids were not working was because of a call in the code to disregard events if fake.proc was being used. Also the programmer of the extended addition used a patter call on some of the solenoid subs which is like PWM for coils which obviously works ok on the real machine but the VP bridge did not understand this command.The game is really cool, some of the modes are fantastic and there are quite a few nods to other games including AFM, TAF, CV and Funhouse. My port to VP10 is a pretty quick cut and past job but it plays ok - someone else maybe able to enhance it at a later date including proper scaling of the table dimensions and some other additions but for me personally it'll do. Anyway I'll hack around for a couple more days and hopefully it'll be ready to release.

Can't wait!!

So....being VPX...which install guide do I use when this table is ready? So many guides listed in the last 13 pages I just want to use the correct one...when the time is right.

Thanks all for all your hard work on this!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

Can't wait!!

So....being VPX...which install guide do I use when this table is ready? So many guides listed in the last 13 pages I just want to use the correct one...when the time is right.

Thanks all for all your hard work on this!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think what I posted earlier this month covers it well enough to duplicate positive results http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2286-cactus-canyon-continued-proc-in-vp/?p=25332

I think what I posted earlier this month covers it well enough to duplicate positive results http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2286-cactus-canyon-continued-proc-in-vp/?p=25332

Cool - Wasnt sure if Dozers new VPX table he mentioned will follow the same procedure for install. I guess Ill get started on your guide in vp9 and "upgrade" when he releases his table.

• Administrators

It loads, you can launch a ball and flip the flippers, but if you hit one of the kickers that doesn't work it stops. b2s works.

As far as a guide, really....

1) Run the 1 Click P-ROC Environment Installer from this link http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32197#entry316311

Going through the install on my cabinet under Windows 7 x64. This happens at the end of the Installer. Is this a normal error?

post-2-0-70734500-1451574995_thumb.png

post-2-0-83191600-1451574728_thumb.png

If I click OK it continues and says P-ROC installed. Is this going to cause any issues?

One more error, this time when using the Automation Setup.

post-2-0-64086600-1451576365_thumb.png

When I run the Skeleton Table; I am getting the Permission denied errors.

post-2-0-02040400-1451576670_thumb.png

post-2-0-21301600-1451576670_thumb.png

post-2-0-43640200-1451576670_thumb.png

This happens when I try to run VPinballX after copying the yaml to my user folder.

post-2-0-15633500-1451576894_thumb.png

• Content Provider

Going through the install on my cabinet under Windows 7 x64. This happens at the end of the Installer. Is this a normal error?

attachicon.gifproc_failed_cmd.png

attachicon.gifproc_failed.png

If I click OK it continues and says P-ROC installed. Is this going to cause any issues?

One more error, this time when using the Automation Setup.

attachicon.gifsdl2_ttf.dll_err.png

When I run the Skeleton Table; I am getting the Permission denied errors.

attachicon.gifdenied1.png

attachicon.gifdenied2.png

attachicon.gifloop.png

This happens when I try to run VPinballX after copying the yaml to my user folder.

attachicon.gifVisualC.png

The runtime error at the end is normal unfortunately

The other steps, not sure why you got those, but the parts it failed on you should manually install following some of my earlier instructions for manual install and you should be good to go. I had problems installing on Win7 as well and had to do a manual install but didn't fully document that guide. As it got the Skeleton game working, other games didn't work, so I had to patch it all together until it all worked. My install on my cab (Win8) went so much smoother with the auto install. You should be fine filling in the gaps of the auto install though

i realized, that the 1 installer was not all what you Need for Python.

During my "Installation chaos" (i followed another Installation guide at web first, for my bad i think two diff. ways) at my Laptop, i got the complete /Python26 Folder from Luvthahatpex, and this was bigger with Files as mine before ...

Also always i had the "Permission Denied" Error ... whatever, later it runs "fine" ...

Boah i hate to do this again ... at Cab, later ... of course, it's a MustHave ...

Happy New Year ... specially for CCC ;)

• Administrators

The runtime error at the end is normal unfortunately

The other steps, not sure why you got those, but the parts it failed on you should manually install following some of my earlier instructions for manual install and you should be good to go. I had problems installing on Win7 as well and had to do a manual install but didn't fully document that guide. As it got the Skeleton game working, other games didn't work, so I had to patch it all together until it all worked. My install on my cab (Win8) went so much smoother with the auto install. You should be fine filling in the gaps of the auto install though

I just went though and went step by step.  I've gotta be missing something somewhere.

Not getting permission denied or the runtime error now.  Just getting the following 3 errors.

post-2-0-32693100-1451598005_thumb.png

post-2-0-28968300-1451598001_thumb.png

post-2-0-94736900-1451598000_thumb.png

You need to see the runtime error for it to work.

The copying the sdl.dll has been a problem for some now on the auto install. I'll have to adjust that, but for now just find the dll in the zip you downloaded for the auto install. Replace with existing in P-ROC/Dlls. I presume you've already done this though and have skeleton game running outside of VP.

What you should try is copying over the config.yaml in the skeleton folder to C:\Users\"YourName"\.pyprocgame

You should be good with this entry in the config. As long as the CCC game folder is correct in the vp_game_map.

vp_game_map_file: /P-ROC/shared/config/vp_game_map.yaml

Edit:

SDL isn't needed for CCC. Skeleton & CCC use different displays.

If you got that PIL install error, you would know if it was ok if you tried to run a game without VP. No doubt you would see PIL errors if that wasn't installed properly and the game depended on it.

Happy New Year :)

GI is hooked up and being controlled by the game code now.

Have included all the necessary DOF calls for solenoids and flashers. (Will supply the map later so you can configure your cabs before I upload the game).

I have it on my cabinet and so far have not noticed any major bugs although I've not played all the modes available. I have grepped through the entire code directory and removed any of the calls that were breaking others things and replaced them with working commands so in theory it should all be ok but will continue testing for another day or two.

Will tweak the actual table a bit before release too as there are a couple of goofy physics issues that should not be too hard to fix.

It would be worthwhile using the next couple of days to make sure you can get the game running fine without a table (DMD coming up in attract mode) as some of you are doing. When the table is released there will be some files that need to be replaced in the P-ROC/games/cactuscanyon directory to compliment the new mechs etc.

Will upload the DOF map tonight if I get a moment, if not tomorrow morning.

• Administrators

Ok, I think I got JD working... when I run "python jd.py" the DMD loads.

I'm trying to get CCC running now, but getting the following:

C:\P-ROC\games\CCC>python cc.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cc.py", line 67, in <module>
    if __name__ == '__main__': main()
  File "cc.py", line 57, in main
    game = CCGame(machineType,fakePinProc)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 1 argument (3 given)

Is there something that I am missing?

• Administrators

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2286-cactus-canyon-continued-proc-in-vp/?p=25417

Need to edit game.py.

The original game could just be forked and changed to a specific VP version for ease in future.

You are awesome, my friend!

Getting sound errors on JD... Anyone happen to have these sounds or know where to get them?

building a grid of 128x32
Using a virtual DMD ONLY - no physical DMD output will be sent
LEDS
2016-01-01 11:24:17,904 - game.sound - ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./
games/jd/sound/Voice/warning.wav does not exist!
2016-01-01 11:24:17,908 - game.sound - ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./
games/jd/sound/Voice/jd - im warning you.wav does not exist!
2016-01-01 11:24:17,911 - game.sound - ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./
games/jd/sound/Voice/jd - put down your weapons.wav does not exist!
C:\P-ROC\games\jd\procgame\service.py:308: DeprecationWarning: integer argument
expected, got float
  for i in range(0,num_options):

Also, where are all the files for Evil Dead?

• Content Provider

There's a link in this thread

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1626.0

The author himself says that this is incomplete. It's a project that they started early on as an experiment, and it hasn't been worked on in years. Everything is freely available for someone else to pick up and modify. No B2S support currently.

Happy New Year :)GI is hooked up and being controlled by the game code now. Have included all the necessary DOF calls for solenoids and flashers. (Will supply the map later so you can configure your cabs before I upload the game). I have it on my cabinet and so far have not noticed any major bugs although I've not played all the modes available. I have grepped through the entire code directory and removed any of the calls that were breaking others things and replaced them with working commands so in theory it should all be ok but will continue testing for another day or two. Will tweak the actual table a bit before release too as there are a couple of goofy physics issues that should not be too hard to fix. It would be worthwhile using the next couple of days to make sure you can get the game running fine without a table (DMD coming up in attract mode) as some of you are doing. When the table is released there will be some files that need to be replaced in the P-ROC/games/cactuscanyon directory to compliment the new mechs etc. Will upload the DOF map tonight if I get a moment, if not tomorrow morning.

Oh man this is awesome! Thanks so much for working on this. If its not too much to ask, can you ensure that the VP 9.9 table works? I can't run VP10 on my cab so I have to run VP 9.9 and I have CCC working fine minus the train, popper and bad guys. I assume there were some VB script changes for the vproc controller. 

@ luvthatapex Right at the moment it's not something I was planning but I'll take a look after this is released and see if it would

be a pain to retrofit. It's more than just a script change although there may be ways around a couple of things I did in the VP10 version

now that I've learned some more about how the way the real game works.

• Administrators

DOF map for CCC - not sure if this should be submitted to the database as there will probably only be a few of us every playing this. "Rom" entry in your DOF config script should be Proc_CC

I'd go ahead and submit it to the database.

Table is almost done but there's a bit of an issue with the mine I'm still trying to sort out. It's a timing thing regarding where it stops during a mode that gets triggered when you get a replay. It shouldn't be too hard to fix but I need to get to the mode each time to check it which is a bit time consuming.

At any rate it shouldn't be too far off once I get this major issue sorted. When it's released, the game logs what's going on to a log file so there may be issues as more modes are played / achieved. If there are, I'll get people to post the log entries so we can work through the game and make sure it's stable.

There were quite a few VP crashers in the code and as Horsey indicated, it may be worth forking this into it's own repo at some stage depending on how often the author updates the game as removing everything that has prevented it from running each time would be a pain in the ass.

Not too long now - Dozer.