Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

• Content Provider

Fixed the indention errors, but there are other issues.

If the table is working for you now then do not update the code. If you have updated the code recently and the table is not working then use this code linked in this post:

On 8/4/2017 at 3:59 PM, ninuzzu said:

It's been a while, but maybe I have a solution:
it seems there is a problem with the game.py in the new code.
Line 1492 in the game.py (probably spaces instead of tabs)
https://www.codecademy.com/en/forum_questions/519ab24b8d93808eb80001dc
The installer is correct instead, but it simply downloads a "bugged" game.py.

Anyway I have an older version of the code so maybe you can try this:

Go to C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon
Delete everything except dmd and sound folders
Download the old code

https://mega.nz/#!WEYUhTDZ!iVJwAVTu6nyhBjl_5kaCd6j4n87oavnC7RBmLb_me04

Extract the archive into the cactuscanyon folder.

Try it and let me know.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Trying to get this to work has almost driven me insane :wacko:, thanks to all involved :)

Last question I promise, is this using the same ultradmd as Americas most haunted table (Cannot be resized width & height) ?

The cowboys vs aliens was an awesome surprise, back to it :D

• Content Provider

I use an AutoHotkey script within PinballX to launch CCC. It has some code to automatically close C++ run time error notifications and I never have issues with VPPlayer focus.

The setup instructions are old in this post but the script included in the post can be used as a template for your own script.

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17613-cactus-canyon-continued-p-roc-pbx-launcher-and-media-generator/

Good luck.

1 hour ago, CarnyPriest said:

I use an AutoHotkey script within PinballX to launch CCC. It has some code to automatically close C++ run time error notifications and I never have issues with VPPlayer focus.

The setup instructions are old in this post but the script included in the post can be used as a template for your own script.

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17613-cactus-canyon-continued-p-roc-pbx-launcher-and-media-generator/

Good luck.

I dont quite understand how to use proc loader pinballx, I have autohot keys installed, I downloaded it and tryd opening the ahk and opening cactus canyon but this does nothing, could you explain how im supposed to use this and get it running, I have never used auto hot key before

On 8/15/2017 at 6:27 PM, 1computertyler said:

I dont quite understand how to use proc loader pinballx, I have autohot keys installed, I downloaded it and tryd opening the ahk and opening cactus canyon but this does nothing, could you explain how im supposed to use this and get it running, I have never used auto hot key before

never mind its suddenly running 100%, I am now finished with my project, thank you everyone

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2017 at 11:46 AM, 1computertyler said:

and the problem I was having with using vp10 was it kept searching for a ball and wouldnt start a game

Hi 1computertyler and ninuzzu.  I'm trying to follow the thread and have an error similar to 1computertyler.  Everything seems to work fine with the code, the sounds and dmd, however, when I try to start a game, it keeps searching for a ball and won't start a game.  From the conversation, it looks like maybe there was something to do with the version of core.vbs.  I am using the core.vbs from 3240... sholuld I be using a different version?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

• 5 months later...
On 18/11/2017 at 10:56 PM, ScottT said:

Hi 1computertyler and ninuzzu.  I'm trying to follow the thread and have an error similar to 1computertyler.  Everything seems to work fine with the code, the sounds and dmd, however, when I try to start a game, it keeps searching for a ball and won't start a game.  From the conversation, it looks like maybe there was something to do with the version of core.vbs.  I am using the core.vbs from 3240... sholuld I be using a different version?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

On 19/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, ninuzzu said:

You need the old code

I had the searching for a ball problem so I downloaded the old code, I now have this error https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0xq5102zlqxy4s/2018-05-02 21.24.23.jpg?dl=0

I broke CCC trying to get Evil Dead working :(

EDIT

Latest table version and latest code fixed it :)

• 3 weeks later...

hello everybody,

perhaps a question that has been asked many times.

run the latest aproc installer, but the install ccc files failed.

searched for thes files, but couldn't find them.

anybody who can put me on track?

Hear great things about CCC, and  want to have it!!

Thanks!!

• Content Provider

I've updated the game code repository recently. And I don't think Ninuzzu is aware of that. I've PM him here, but he does not come around here regularly. Honestly, I don't know if his installer pulls directly from github or if he hosts the game code himself. If he does pull from github then there would be a handful of missing sound assets that would need to be added to the installer, I'll go over to MonsterPincab and see if I can get his attention. You can post a support request on the CC release thread at MonsterPincab.

• Content Provider

Ok, I took a look at the installer. I did not realize that it was pulling files from original sources (including my Dropbox!). The wget targets exist as I can download them with my browser. If you are not getting any files at all, you might need to run the Install CCC.bat as administrator as it needs access to the Internet. It may be blocked by your firewall.

Even so, as stated earlier, I've updated the game code recently, and it requires new sound assets. Unless you know how to install manually, give it a few days and we'll get the installer updated.

• Content Provider

May take a bit longer. After many months, the author had a burst of motivation and has continued to develop the project. Been about 15 new commits to the source code in the past day or two. Includes new music for Drunk Fireball and Frank and Beans mode. Bug fixes, etc.

I just maintain the port that allows the code to work with VP. Best to wait until he's finished what he wants to do.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/27#post-4402903

Maybe somebody can post working code and assets for you. Run the installer and then just overwrite with the working set. If you can't get help then let me know.

• 1 month later...

I've had an issue with my computer setup  where the ssd won't read, lost everything

I can download most of the other pincab stuff again but ccc is all but gone, and no assets either

it was so hard setting up the proc version so looking for the   ccc_dmd. and audio files, can anyone help.. please 

• 8 months later...

Hey all thought i would try this out myself as im really wanting to try evil dead currently 

Im step 2b chepas guide 
2b.
PIL Libary = http://effbot.org/do...win32-py2.6.exe

but the all in one installed installed 2.7 python what should i do ? this part wont install saying need 2.6 python any help on this would be great 
can i just ignore this part and move on lol

"""" found the 2.7 ver hopefully will be fine 

• Content Provider

The latest version of Evil Dead is no longer publicly available and the author left the scene (again). This required the Python 2.7 based P-Roc/VP bridge.

I think that there is still an older version of Evil Dead at PincabPassion (French site) that works with the older Python 2.6 based P-Roc/VP bridge. Tutorial might still be there too. All this from the time before the Evil Dead author left the scene the first time! All materials are in French, of course. And being an older version there are some bugs both with the table and with the P-Roc framework (run-time errors to work through, etc.)

Personally, my suggestion is to forget this for now and enjoy the hundreds of VP tables that are currently available. 

Skeleton table is a playable table on its own, but it mostly exists to demonstrate features of the P-Roc framework so it's not terribly exciting to play.

Patience is a virtue. I'm pretty sure the 'easy to use' P-Roc Installer will return at some point, and who knows? Maybe the Evil Dead author will return to the scene. *shrugs