Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

is it solved parabolic?

i will check at evil dead and his dof soon :)

Sorry - I have been away for a bit and havent checked yet - which ini files? I downloaded the latest ones from the config tool...

I just downloaded your table - must have missed that - now it seems all works as it should - Thanks!

Now I just have to figure out how to load it from pinballx and get rid of the loading error. - oh and get my analog plunger working...

• Content Provider

this is how i load cactus canyon into pinballx

but it doesn't properly work with evil dead, so i'll look over carny solution

anybody managed to integrate proc into pinballx?

the problem is the runtime popup error to get rid of it, with a b2s and with pinballx, the ahk isn't working, the b2s comes almost directly on top and the error popup stays, this is the script

https://github.com/horseyhorsey/SkeletonProcVisualPinball10/blob/master/_ProcLaunchVP.ahk

i tried to compile the ahk to exe, to execute it directly as the executable of the system in pinballx, but the params are not handled like i expect

/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"

so i try also to remove the call of the vp in the ahk and let the rest as a to be executed before launch of vp in pinballx, but it doesn't close the runtime either, i tried with winkill, winclose, nothing is working yet

if somebody has an idea

• Content Provider

i think that's the one

http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=Main_Page#The_Game_Code

i don't understand how to properly launch evil dead into pinballx, but outside pinballx, i try this

vp_proc_loader.exe -l "C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball\vpinballx.exe" "C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball\Tables\EvilDead.vpx" from command line and it is not getting rid of the popup

what am i missing? i tried only on my laptop in a windows 10

• Content Provider

i tried to make an ahk to call the vp proc launch

#NoEnv

Run, vp_proc_loader.exe -l "C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball\vpinballx.exe" %1%,, Min

it is giving me 2 problems, i don't have the focus on vp at the start of the table, so the table is freezed until i click on the vp window

when i exit the table, it doesn't go to pinballx again, but it asks me to resume, debug, or exit, like if i run vp outside of pinballx

so if somebody knows how can we extend the ahk to fix these 2 issues?

i try to understand your ahk carny, to see what you specifically require on your system than the rest, i don't fully understand it, if you can help there

• Content Provider

Problem 1. Chepas wasn't able to reproduce, but I also have the issue where the loader does not hand focus back to VP. My script has the following three lines that get focus back to VPPlayer process:

WinWaitActive, ahk_class VPPlayer
Sleep, 1000
WinActivate, ahk_class VPPlayer

Problem 2: I use a VirtuaPin Digital Plunger. The controller emulates a joypad. I don't know what your particular situation is, but the usual VP Esc to quit can conflict with PinballX. I disable the Esc key through VP Preferences -> Keys. And then script a kill sequence for a hotkey. For me, I use antimicro, an open-source app with xpadder-style features. I set up my Exit Button to simulate a keypress for 'e' and then setup a hotkey to taskkill VP. With VP killed, focus reverts back to PinballX. In my script I just nabbed the kill sequence from FPLaunch WIP10 and commented out the instructions that don't apply here. It's tried and tested having been used for HyperPin for many years. Works every time. 

PinballX only up until recently got updated to fix bad lagging on game loading (well over a year bug). Also other problems most of the time with built in loaders.

If you're on 64bit, 80% of time you need admin with a COMPILED script.

Why don't you use the PinballX loader with a pre or post launch ahk script that takes care of the popup & forcing window above.

There's also other loaders bundled with pinxcheck.

• Content Provider

i adjusted your script, removed the antimicro part and change resolution, for the escape of a table, i use lshift, and i tried to adapt your script to use lshift instead of joy7, but neither the focus or the exit is working here :(

for the pre post, do you propose to use a focus to vp in the pre?

for the post, the problem is i'm not able to exit a table correctly, currently i can only qui to editor or use altf4, i don't really understand the proposed solution, so if you have one generic that can work with a lot of people?

I haven't updated PinballX for a long time now. There's been clashes with loaders before there.

There's no reason other than that why it wouldn't be generic. It is the EXACT same params as any other VP game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create a P-ROC system based on VP.

You select VpinballX as your executable.

Parameters are standard = /play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"

You have options in PinballX to launch a script before and not wait for it to finish.

So when pre launch script loads it will loop & wait for the R6104, set pysdl or pygame window to font and the PinballX "window management" should take over, taking care of the VP focus & B2S.

• Content Provider

i precise i use the latest pbx 2.12, maybe if i extend the sleep in the ahk the focus will work.

and i think the problem with the exit is that pbx launches an emulator and expects that when it is closed, pinballx restarts, or in that case we launch vp launcher which launches vp and the launcher is closed directly, so that's why pbx restarts and vp wants to go back to the editor instead of going back to pbx

am i right?

• Content Provider

i think i got it :)

[system_6]
Name=Proc
WorkingPath=C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball
TablePath=C:\P-ROC\Tables
Executable=VPinballX.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchAfterExecutable=
Enabled=True
SystemType=1
LaunchBeforeEnabled=True
LaunchBeforeExecutable=proc2.exe
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False

and content of proc2

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
;This gets rid of the error message
WinWait, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library ahk_class #32770
Send, {Enter Down}{Enter Up}

;Brings display to front
WinWaitActive, ahk_class SDL_app
WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, On, ahk_class SDL_app
WinSet, Top,, ahk_class SDL_app
WinActivate, Visual Pinball
ExitApp

is it &hat you thought? something that can still be improved?

i think i got it :)

[system_6]
Name=Proc
WorkingPath=C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball
TablePath=C:\P-ROC\Tables
Executable=VPinballX.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchAfterExecutable=
Enabled=True
SystemType=1
LaunchBeforeEnabled=True
LaunchBeforeExecutable=proc2.exe
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=C:\P-ROC\Visual Pinball
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False

and content of proc2

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
;This gets rid of the error message
WinWait, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library ahk_class #32770
Send, {Enter Down}{Enter Up}

;Brings display to front
WinWaitActive, ahk_class SDL_app
WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, On, ahk_class SDL_app
WinSet, Top,, ahk_class SDL_app
WinActivate, Visual Pinball
ExitApp

is it &hat you thought? something that can still be improved?

I get where the first part of the code goes (in pinballx), but where does the PROC2 code go? which file gets amended?

• Content Provider

here it hte proc.exe based on the ahk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh885qdys5g71yr/proc.exe?dl=0

put it wherever you want but in the launch before of your ssytem, you need to let it know where it is and put the reference of it there

beware that this solution only works with a tablepath that doesn't contain spaces, that's why i moves my table folder from c:/proc/visual pinball/tables to c:/proc/tables

• Content Provider

so, about judge dredd, is this game usable, i understood no, but i would a confirmation before i do any work on it?

It's usable but I'd say incomplete. I think it was done to test the framework more than to extend the ruleset from the original.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45430846/JDredd_PYROC.vpx

so, about judge dredd, is this game usable, i understood no, but i would a confirmation before i do any work on it?

Personally I wouldn't bother with it, it works fairly well but every now and then the deadworld mech breaks and won't do what it should.  Without the real game and a heap of time to work out the exact timing of the mech it's hard to get right.  The other issue as Carny mentioned above is that even if it did work it's really not that great. It was more a demo as stated of the P-ROC system than a replacement for the original rom.