Pin2Dmd Real Pinball Support

lucky1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Which ROM version do you run on your pinball machine ? 

VBobrusev is running 5.0

I upgraded to 5.0 before I installed the pin2dmd.

The problem is if you select Stern Whitestar it will NOT work.  The issues I was having which was that the stern whitestar setting were not the right setting for my stern whitestar machine! When I put the unit into my sega South Park(father company of stern also with whitestar boards) i put the settings to Data East Sega setting and it worked. As South Park was sega branded whitestar board machine is why I changed it to the Data East Sega option. and  I also knew that the display controller boards are exactly the same in the Stern TSPP and the Sega SP so I put the board back into my TSPP using the Sega settings and up it came.

I wonder what dmd controller the Stern Whitestar setting supports then as Stern's  next iteration i believe was the SAM system.

• Content Provider

The Whitestar input was first tested on a Lord of the Rings. It was also confirmed to be working on a T3 and many others.
AFAIK Vbobrusev uses also Whitestar on his TSPP. The data structure is only slightly different between those two machine types.
Maybe you use a older display controller board ?

On 07/04/2017 at 3:19 PM, lucky1 said:

The Whitestar input was first tested on a Lord of the Rings. It was also confirmed to be working on a T3 and many others.
AFAIK Vbobrusev uses also Whitestar on his TSPP. The data structure is only slightly different between those two machine types.
Maybe you use a older display controller board ?

It is possible as the board was replaced with a rottendog. But what is the difference the output is the same and it does not matter to an original plasma screen. they are all interchangeable. 

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

We don´t just display the data coming from a machine like a plasma does. We analyze and colorize it, That is a very big difference.

Maybe you can explain? It uses the same rom in the dmd contolller, its just a different version of hardware but it must adhere to some standard as its uses the same firmware which is what controls it? 

Thanks

IBJ

• 1 year later...

I am having an issue using Pin2DMD in my Sega Twister. I have Nucleo build with Pin2DMD firmware 2.58.

When I set it to Dataeast/Sega mode, or Stern Whitestar I get nothing but the Pin2DMD logo. I tried it in Capcom mode and it works, sort of. Only some of the shades seem to show, and the display is offset with a little bit of the left hand side cut off, and appearing on the other end of the DMD. See in the image attached that it says "Hoot Disc For 30 Million" with the "S" just stuck to the right hand side.

p.s. I have it set to orange in the attached photo.

IMG_20181005_233625.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello

i have a question about load the palette and export for "real pin" 

so , i have installed in my acdc luci the rom "acd_170hc.bin" and put the pin2dmd.pal from  package "acd_170hc_ByPinballMikeD.zip" in the sd card .

it work perfectly .

I have recovered the palette "smartdmd.txt"  .

these files "smartdmd.txt" and "acd_170hc.bin" opened with pinballbrowser650 match well . some sequence use the palette "none" .

the issues :   i load this palette file "smartdmd.txt" in pind2dmd editor and i export to pin2dmd.pal for "real pin"  .  i put this new pin2dmd.pal in the sd card . when i start a game , i chose the song " war machine" , i shoot  the ball , and the animation run with the palette "jukebox" . the last played.

other exemple : i start with hell bells , the animation with bell is ok ,good color ,good palette , but when a sequence with "none" palette" come , it is played with the last palette loaded ( the palette hell bells).

how to export with the right parameters .

where is my mistake?

regards 

guillaume

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have a problem with a few newer discovery boards

Using the usb connection and pin2dmd.exe while the display in the real pinball I can change the input machine type to get the signal correct and I can change the monochrome colour of the display to any of the standard colours.

What the display will not do is allow me to change the colours in the VGA palette, I change the colours with pin2dmd.exe but they do not change on the display they remain on the standard colours.

I have tried the latest firmware version to V2.J33.M25 and also the pin2dmd software to V2.66 and it still doesn't work.

If I install an older discovery board that I have, the colours can be changed like normal.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Same issue.
Using STM 32F407G-DISC1 discovery boards.

First batch purchased from Mouser, zero issues, all work. Board batch numbers ranging from 1629 thru 1715.

Second batch of discovery boards, purchased once again from Mouser will not allow colour change. All boards have a batch of 1744

Laptop connected to pinball machine for live colour changes. Screen will flash as you select a colour , but immediately reverts back to default colour profile.

Does anyone else have any of this batch? Have you have issues ?

Appreciate any feedback

7160c9350b171548d5e29b9f10e694df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Yes I think I agree.
If I test a fully working setup, and swap out the discovery board, problem occurs.
Remove the 1744 discovery and put the other back, bingo, setup works perfectly again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could it be that the new boards are not activated ? Some functions only work with a valid key.

The new boards are activated

Just to check I reloaded the pin2dmd firmware and deliberately didn't install the sdcard when starting the pinball and it came up with the activation splash screen

Interestingly though trying out different pin2dmd firmware's got a slightly different activation code.

With version 2.39 the code was all numbers but with version 2.66 there was a D at the start of the code (all the numbers were still the same).

With version 2.66 installed, I installed the sdcard with the key file and reset the discovery board and no further activation splash screen.

BTW: the code provided to get the activation key file was originally just the numbers no letters.

Hello

I have this adapter card, but it does not work with my STM32, the card reader is not going,

I am obliged to connect it via Dupond cables directly to the STM32 When I do that the red LED goes off well on the STM, but as soon as I plug the cable DMD of the pinball the blue led does not work I saw in the post precedent that you have a 74LS and a max232 me no is this?

Thank you sorry for my English :)

20190413_194221.jpg

6 hours ago, dede214 said:

Hello

I have this adapter card, but it does not work with my STM32, the card reader is not going,

I am obliged to connect it via Dupond cables directly to the STM32 When I do that the red LED goes off well on the STM, but as soon as I plug the cable DMD of the pinball the blue led does not work I saw in the post precedent that you have a 74LS and a max232 me no is this?

Thank you sorry for my English :)

20190413_194221.jpg

You don't need the signal enhancer for all pinball machines, so far I have only seen the need for it on Data East/Sega games, so you can jumper it out.

The black jumper next to the 74LS123 socket is for this.

Try moving the jumper across, this may get it working, otherwise you will need to install a 74LS123 into the socket.

Also, what's going on with your sdcard socket?

Is is missing or is it installed underneath the board?

Pin 1 is ground, this should be labelled on your socket.

Archived