Pin2Dmd Real Pinball Support

lucky1

Hello

after trial with the jumper, it's good it works now

I have another problem: I'm happy with the card with a power supply of 5 volts the STM board also has power

but there is only two led next to the usb that turns on it makes me plug once the USB plug for the STM card starts

and after I can unplug it and it works as I do that the led up lights up view the photo

do you have an idea Thank you

Carte alim.jpg

Carte ok.jpg

Carte sans alim.jpg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dede214 said:

Thank you for the answer I test this in the day
For the micro SD card reader I think I do not have the right model
so I cable it through my STM32 with wires
Which one are you buying
I have a Williams pinball

Thank you

This is the one you need:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10PCS-TF-Micro-SD-Card-Mini-SD-Card-Module-Memory-Module-Arduino-ARM-AVR/232448697539?hash=item361f05a4c3:g:dbEAAOSwE9pb2nD2

For Williams pinball you don’t need signal enhancer so just move the jumper to pins 1-2 instead of 2-3 also no need for software adjustment of the signal enhancer on your version of the shield 

• Content Provider

Here you get only two pieces of the SD reader.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Stks-Mini-SD-Card-Module-Memory-Module-Micro-SD-TF-Card-Module-Arduino-ARM-AVR/272493060300

Using pin2dmd without 74LS123 is deprecated. It is recommended to install it instead of using the jumper.

About the USB from https://pin2dmd.com/installation/

!! Note : Latest Discovery boards MB997D may need a ST-Link firmware update from here
http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/development-tool-software/stsw-link007.html

44 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

!! Note : Latest Discovery boards MB997D may need a ST-Link firmware update from here
http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/development-tool-software/stsw-link007.html

I did do that but still no better result

does it have to be done specifically before or after installing pin2dmd software?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, SpaceGambler said:

I did do that but still no better result

does it have to be done specifically before or after installing pin2dmd software?

It only solves the startup problem that sometime occurs without mini USB connected. Nothing else.

It is really hard to follow if different problems are discussed in one thread.

Dede214 - searching for microSD module and STM32 only starting up with miniUSB connected

SpaceGambler and Turbo27 - Send me a PM with the Number on the screen that I can check the license.

32 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

It only solves the startup problem that sometime occurs without mini USB connected. Nothing else.

It is really hard to follow if different problems are discussed in one thread.

Dede214 - searching for microSD module and STM32 only starting up with miniUSB connected

SpaceGambler and Turbo27 - Send me a PM with the Number on the screen that I can check the license.

Did you not get my PM from earlier today?

Lucky1

i do this is fonctionnaly for start the STM why no USB connector :)

i buy a micro SD to ebay and i buy 74LS123 for the jumper

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/DM74LS123N-NATIONAL/172968745513?hash=item2845bd9a29:g:GfYAAOSwXPNaAe8g

i'm coming back to you from that i have install the sd card reader and  the 74LS123N

After i test to color the pinball DMD why pin2dmd editor :)

Thanks 

I've got a Data East WWF Royal Rumble with a pin2dmd made by PinballSP in it that is running fine right now, but I want to add the new colorized version to it and I need to update the firmware on it. So I followed the instructions and downloaded the ST-Link tool and when I plug my display into my computer it recognizes it as a pin2dmd but when I go to flash the firmware the software says "No ST-Link detected". I feel like I must just be missing a step somewhere along the way. Any advice?

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, skmastaz said:

I've got a Data East WWF Royal Rumble with a pin2dmd made by PinballSP in it that is running fine right now, but I want to add the new colorized version to it and I need to update the firmware on it. So I followed the instructions and downloaded the ST-Link tool and when I plug my display into my computer it recognizes it as a pin2dmd but when I go to flash the firmware the software says "No ST-Link detected". I feel like I must just be missing a step somewhere along the way. Any advice?

You have to use the DFU upgrade procedure described on pin2dmd.com. To put the device into DFU mode the update dip switch needs to be on during startup. DMDST32 is hardware compatible to the old discovery design so you need to use the discovery dfu file.

Successful update - problem resolved.

After much testing and swapping components, I have a fully functioning pin2dmd setup using my lasted batch of st discovery boards.

Key files starting with a # must be renamed to pin2dmd.key, all new keys can be just copied directly onto your SD card as supplied.

All new versions of pin2dmd software, I was testing with latest 2.66, to be able to change default colours , setup MUST be activated by key file after donation made.

If setup is not activated, you can test display operation BUT you will NOT be able to play with colour changes. Default colours are locked in.

Thanks to Lucky for all his support and assistance [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

Although the STM32F407 Discovery board is still supported it is recommended for new installations to use the STM32F429ZI Nucleo-144 board with the V4 shield for DIY PIN2DMD installations. It has become harder to get original Discovery F4 boards and a lot of cheap chinese copies are floating around which cause problems. Additionally the V4 shield has been designed from scratch and therefore is more future proof.

Here is a good doc on how to build a Nucleo V4 based pin2dmd

• Content Provider

If you clicked on upgrade and it finished successfully. Just turn off the update dip switch and it should work.

If you have chosen upload action before you may have overwritten the DFU file and need to dowload it from github again.

Only use Upgrade to upload the new firmware to the device.

Archived