Plunger First Pull

Hi

I am going through the process of adding analogue plunger support to some tables. The plunger works fine but when you first start a table the plunger animation shows the plunger slightly pulled back. When you first pull on the plunger after starting the table the ball bounces up (varying

amount on different tables) and when the plunger is released the animation shows the plunger fully released as it should. Its not a big issue but a bit annoying when you pull the plunger and the ball bounces and the plunger misses the ball.

After watching Deegors video on adding plunger support i noticed the plunger animation doing the same thing. I was putting this down to my callibration maybe screwed up but seeing it in the video has me wondering if it is just the way it works. I have never seen anybody mention it , the plunger animation i can live with is there a way to stop the ball bouncing on the first plunge.

Cheers

• Content Provider

Hey Lizard,

You're right about the plunger assigning itself to the 2nd image on first start.  To be honest, I'm not sure what causes it.  It could be an issue with the plunger code, VP or the plunger itself.  Being that it fixes itself after the first pull, it never bothered me much.  I'd be interested in what Koadic has to say on it since he's the plunger guru.

It has to do with the Park Position, which is set by default to .1666666..., or 1/6 of the total pull back which is about 4 frames with a full 26 frame animation, or 2 with the standard 12/13 frame animation.

If you change the park position to 0, it will start out in the '0' position, or the first frame of your animation.

It has to do with the Park Position, which is set by default to .1666666..., or 1/6 of the total pull back which is about 4 frames with a full 26 frame animation, or 2 with the standard 12/13 frame animation.

If you change the park position to 0, it will start out in the '0' position, or the first frame of your animation.

I tested a couple of tables setting the park to 0 and it works great. I can't believe that was staring me in the face all this time. Thanks Koadic for pointing that out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it parked there so that when you release it actually goes past the initial start point to kind of give it that springy effect. So to "fix" it you would reorder your images so that your start image is actually image #2 and you have 1 (or however many) additional images that are actually further? Just a thought.

Is it parked there so that when you release it actually goes past the initial start point to kind of give it that springy effect. So to "fix" it you would reorder your images so that your start image is actually image #2 and you have 1 (or however many) additional images that are actually further? Just a thought.

Thanks Zablon that may be true if you are using a button only but when you are using the analogue plunger the image moves with the plunger and when the plunger bounces around after release so does the image so no need to reorder the images. Actually the plunger is working great at the moment.

Archived