Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

• Content Provider

I just uploaded a new version which fixes:

- duration field of palette switch gets wrong value if scene is selected. (reported by @DJRobX) Now default duration for palette switches is 0 (persistent) and if you want to switch back to the default palette after a few frames move forward to the desired point in the recording and press fetch duration.

- new palette now uses the next available index number and not the next after the last index number. That means if you have 10 palettes and delete e.g. palette 4 the next new palette gets index 4 and not 11 like before. I also added the option to append palettes instead of overwriting when importing palettes with index numbers that have already been used. (reported by @32assassin)

Those were the last 2 open issues reported by users. I hope you don´t find new ones

New version is here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18wNl_JbPW4XbvLkJQbT_s_DhHZqwq9CI

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I hope you don´t find new ones

Never tempt fate lucky... ;)

There is some annoying behaviour when you add a keyframe using a d-mask that wasn't there before. I can't honestly remember the exact original behaviour, but now when I add a keyframe using a d-mask, when the display has finished updating after prompting me for the scene name, the on screen dmd retains the "d-mask pallet", or something - you can only see two brightness values. It's hard to describe, but it's very difficult to see things in the original recording without clicking back on the recording list to reset the palette, but this then resets the d-mask checkbox and selection, and if you are adding multiple keyframes, this is a time killer, especially if you are using a high number mask! Hopefully you will see what I mean if you try it out, otherwise I can try and put some screenshots together.

Also, if you should decide to fix the above, while you are there... ? ...if I try and delete a scene that is used by keyframe(s), the dialog just tells me the name of the scene that is used, not the name of the trigger:

image.png.8e81b93ec5ef67160f01129b6b325993.png

This one has been around a while to be honest I just never cared enough to raise it

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, slippifishi said:

Never tempt fate lucky... ;)

There is some annoying behaviour when you add a keyframe using a d-mask that wasn't there before. I can't honestly remember the exact original behaviour, but now when I add a keyframe using a d-mask, when the display has finished updating after prompting me for the scene name, the on screen dmd retains the "d-mask pallet", or something - you can only see two brightness values. It's hard to describe, but it's very difficult to see things in the original recording without clicking back on the recording list to reset the palette, but this then resets the d-mask checkbox and selection, and if you are adding multiple keyframes, this is a time killer, especially if you are using a high number mask! Hopefully you will see what I mean if you try it out, otherwise I can try and put some screenshots together.

Also, if you should decide to fix the above, while you are there... ? ...if I try and delete a scene that is used by keyframe(s), the dialog just tells me the name of the scene that is used, not the name of the trigger:

image.png.8e81b93ec5ef67160f01129b6b325993.png

This one has been around a while to be honest I just never cared enough to raise it

The default behaviour when adding a colorscene keyframe was to switch to the palette of the selected scene. Maybe that palette only showed some of the shades of the recording. I now changed it to switch to the default palette, which as a fallback palette should always display all shades.

The message display is also fixed. New version on my google drive

14 hours ago, lucky1 said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
2 hours ago, Endprodukt said:

I was looking forward to work on my new Microsoft surface but the editor cannot scale. It will hide some of the tabs. That makes it so small I can not see stuff.

Possible to do something about that?

The minimum resolution for the editor is 1440x900 pixel. Anything larger should work but I don´t have a Surface to test. Maybe you have to change the display resolution of your device.

Maybe the tips here under Workaround help

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

On 2/16/2020 at 11:51 AM, lucky1 said:

The minimum resolution for the editor is 1440x900 pixel. Anything larger should work but I don´t have a Surface to test. Maybe you have to change the display resolution of your device.

Maybe the tips here under Workaround help

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

I changed the resolution. I will look into changing the resolution with a batch. Thank you!

• Content Provider
10 minutes ago, Endprodukt said:

Still have it that first frame gets overwritten very very often and it's annoying. Mostly happens with copying something from clipboard etc.

With the version I uploaded on Thursday ? Without a detailed description how I can reproduce the behavior it is almost impossible to fix.

Copying files from clipboard, or single frames within the editor and then pasting them, results very often in the first frame being overwritten with the copy from clipboard.

This happens to me randomly and sometimes it doesn't. 

PS.

Also crashing while fading through colors.

Besides that everything is working very very well. Great job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I try to use the new colormask sequence and I can’t define a mask to triggering the second and other frames. All is blue and I can’t use tool to resize the trigger location. Anyway, I can’t sélect a mask.  Number of mask are not enable.

perhaps I have the wrong methods. I read the tuto on Pin2dmd.com and I need more informations.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Tiberium said:

Hi,

I try to use the new colormask sequence and I can’t define a mask to triggering the second and other frames. All is blue and I can’t use tool to resize the trigger location. Anyway, I can’t sélect a mask.  Number of mask are not enable.

perhaps I have the wrong methods. I read the tuto on Pin2dmd.com and I need more informations.

Please try the latest version from google drive 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18wNl_JbPW4XbvLkJQbT_s_DhHZqwq9CI

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm trying some colorization by now, Yesterday after a couple of hours I save my project normally.

This morning, I try to load my work, and ...

image.thumb.png.b2b12bd977cf955d6bdaa9e5db331d68.png

Impossible to do it... Whatever if I click any button, the editor close...

I've also tryed to rename de backup file as XML and use it, same issue... :(

Can you help me to find where the problem is ?
I hope all my work is not lost ... ?

Thanks ! ?

Hi everyone

I would like to try coloring a rom but after downloading pin2dmd editor 64 I wanted to launch it, the pin2dmd logo appears this farm and then nothing ???

I installed java version (build 1.8.0_251-b08) but still the same. would i have forgotten something?

thank you