Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

• Content Provider

I don´t know wether  true color live preview of recordings is supported in the editor at all.

Please try to cut a scene (mark start - mark end - cut) from the recording and test if live preview
of that works.

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I don´t know wether  true color live preview of recordings is supported in the editor at all.

Please try to cut a scene (mark start - mark end - cut) from the recording and test if live preview
of that works.

Same error with cut scene. 

On 2/7/2018 at 8:48 AM, Rockdude233 said:

I am having some problems with the new editor version.   The keyframe preview cuts off about 1/4 of the right side of the frame.  Also, I get an error when I ctrl-click on a palette color.

eidtor issues.jpg

Same problem here with the newest version of editor. When you ctrl+click a color you get the error and can’t pick a color. 

On 2/7/2018 at 2:02 AM, lucky1 said:

of that works.

Is true color recording useable in real pinball files? Should I try to key it on the Pinball and see if it works in a real machine? I’m confused if this is even an option or not. 

• Content Provider

You can key it or use it as startup video when you name it boot.fsq and place it on the SD card.

To get the boot.fsq you need to assign a dummy keyframe to the scene and export for real pin.

pal file is not needed for boot.fsq

34 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

You can key it or use it as startup video when you name it boot.fsq and place it on the SD card.

To get the boot.fsq you need to assign a dummy keyframe to the scene and export for real pin.

pal file is not needed for boot.fsq

Cool. Does it replace the Pin2dmd boot screen? You said you can “key” it, do you mean you can set a keyframe to trigger the animation just the same as any other colorized scene? I will try that. 

Ok I’m having difficulty please help. If I am coloring a colmask scene, sometimes I click to the next frame in the scene and then back to the one I was coloring, and some of my color masking work is gone. Some of it is there, it is not consistent. Is there a button that accepts the color mask changes you make? I’ve tried like 3 times to color this one frame and some stuff remains and other stuff doesn’t. 

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Please make sure the scene you edit is marked in the list.

It is. I’m sure I’m doing it correctly because it works sometimes and I have the scene displaying in my machine now too. Just many times I will click to the next frame then back to the previous frame only to see my work partially gone. I’ve been clicking the pal button under the scenes then saving the project after each frame and that has seemed to help not lose stuff but it still happens sometimes. I can’t be the only one having this problem as it is pretty repeatable. I’ve probably lost half of the time I’ve spent due to this although my repeated saving has helped. Also I think it’s more problematic with live preview turned on. 

Just now, lucky1 said:

OK. You click on the scrollbar. I always click on the arrow buttons to get to the next frame and save

Yeah the scroll bar is the problem. I don’t mean to click on it but sometimes it’s by accident. Like if the mouse is in that area and I scroll the mouse wheel it moves frames. 

Is there any problem taking a colmask scene and just making it a replace scene? I see you get a warning. I colored a scene with colmask and now I’m finding that it’s difficult to get proper timing and there is no dynamic content in the scene so I want it to just be a replace scene instead. Is it just as simple as changing it in the drop down menu? Thank you. 

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, tjc02002 said:

Is there any problem taking a colmask scene and just making it a replace scene? I see you get a warning. I colored a scene with colmask and now I’m finding that it’s difficult to get proper timing and there is no dynamic content in the scene so I want it to just be a replace scene instead. Is it just as simple as changing it in the drop down menu? Thank you. 

Yes it is that easy ! In fact I edit replacement scenes exactly that way to make sure I don´t delete / overwrite original content accidentially 

out of curiosity but is their a setting I'm missing

I watched Steves   pin2dmd editor Chapter 2/3  tutorial on YouTube.

and when he uses the color mask; the correct colors show up in the replacement scenes.

when I do it.

TOP S=  colors from group 1

CORE = colors from group 2

Numbers = colors from group 3

I want TOP SCORE to be in RED, and the numbers to be WHITE,

but the color stays white when I try to use the red color

Capture.PNG