Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

hi, i'm new on this forum and i'm still waiting my hardware arrives and with it my code too,

untill that moment i want to try colorizing a pinball animation to better understand how the editor works.

i will put my display on a real pinball and i don't have a virtual one.

unfortunately i don't either know how virtual pinball works so i can't dump the animation file by myself.

please, is there anybody who can give me some files (or just one) dumped yet and ready to be modified?

thanks everybody...

https://mega.nz/#!pdIE0YSQ!wL520Cm7Zmx-DeO9FJ2lCDJwFk0M3X0Vcvugx6WaC54 (Corvette)

https://mega.nz/#!ZRQl1AhI!HY0-gDuZAwjiBrvFvbQ4PrFuNdMypg4MaOkqef8gU9I (Shadow)

• Content Provider

I'm unable to set device mode with the latest editor. 1.0.18. I run it as a administrator. Key is on sd card and in editor folder on computer. Installed usb driver (libusb0 1.2.6.0)

Anything I missing?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

To create a device config file you don't to connect via USB. Simply use the pin2dmd.exe tool or editors "create device file.."

USB connection is only required to instantly upload a project or to use live preview

Did some more testing on my issue with the default palette in my DE Star Wars. I can get the default palette to load but the problem is that in switches two of the colors. When in the editor, the colors 1,2,5 and 16 are active. When I export and run on pinmame the default palette is correct. When I load the same exact dat and fsq file in the DE game, it switches colors 2 and 5. I did several tests with different colors with the same result each time.

A couple other issues I ran into.

1. I was able to get one scene to show up in custom color. When I tried to add another scene it seemed to do something different every time I exported the project. One time both scenes would show up in the default colors and another time the first scene would be colored and the second would not. Then the next time neither would be etc etc. I never got the second scene to show up in color no matter what I did. Is there a way to see what palette is assigned to what scene/keyframe. It seems like every time you click on a scene or keyframe in the editor the palette is always different. When your done editing a scene, the settings should be locked in but it appears that doing other things in the editor knock out what you already set up.

Is there any way to get a version of this editor that has English error messages?

• Content Provider

I have found an issue with the 'Frame Replace' feature.

The first frame replace works just fine.  However, on the second (and any subsequent) frame replace do not work.  You can see this simply by clicking on the 2nd keyframe replacement.  Frame zero is completely blank!!!!!  If you click the 1st Keyframe replacement, Frame zero displays just fine. 

This happens for ANY project using this technique.  I tried with several different capture files, same results.

I looked at the project .xml, but diffucult to decipher - if it is related to crc or something else. My work is halted until this can be fixed....

• Content Provider

The first frame replace works just fine.  However, on the second (and any subsequent) frame replace do not work.  You can see this simply by clicking on the 2nd keyframe replacement.  Frame zero is completely blank!!!!!  If you click the 1st Keyframe replacement, Frame zero displays just fine. 

This happens for ANY project using this technique.  I tried with several different capture files, same results.

I looked at the project .xml, but diffucult to decipher - if it is related to crc or something else. My work is halted until this can be fixed....

I just made the following:

- Used a dump from a TZ.

- cut two scenes from the dump

- assigned scene 1 to a keyframe by pressing Add FrameSeq

- assigned scene 2 to a different keyframe by pressing Add FrameSeq

- Export Project

Works ! Could be related to assigning wrong CRC.

• Content Provider

I have verified that what I say is true.  But, testing the 'Frame replace' keyframes in-game actually works.

I would just say that the editor is a bit misleading.  If you try to click one 'Frame replace' it shows, then click a different 'Frame replace' it shows nothing.  

However, if you click a regular/non-Frame Replace BEFORE clicking on a 'Frame replace'- it shows fine...

I will continue testing.

• Content Provider

Several masks are currently not supported by the firmware. It is one of the features of the next release.

Until then I advice to use the older version of the editor or wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I have loaded a default palette for my Medieval Madness called mm_109c.dmc. It has blue background

that does not look that nice on a real pinball IMO. I am trying to change the background to black, but

I do not seem to be able to do that with pin2dmd editor: I am trying to configure the device with USB,

but the palette is not selectable there - it just has VGA and different colors to choose from. Also I cannot

save the new palette so that I could upload it to SD-card with pin2dmd.exe.

Any help how to do this?

Here's the content of the mm_109c.dmc:

Why not just change the content of the dmc so that the background is defined as black, last three numbers equal to zero?

I didn't know how to do that, I can now do it manually, thanks!

EDIT: And it worked very well! Still I wonder, are in that DMC-file only 3 colors used: yellow, red and blue (= now black),

but why not a fourth one?

It would be great if pin2dmd editor could output .dmc-files on the basis of colors one chooses to the default palette

to be uploaded then with pin2dmd.exe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

I notice different problems using editor 1.0.20 :

- The colors to modifiy for dmd panel are the colors 1,2,5 and 16. That's ok for modifying the default palette in real pinball (WPC95 Scared Stiff for tests). But in editor, when usind a dump from same pinball, the colors displayed are not the same (Perhaps 1,2,4 and 6 or Something like this). What can I change for displaying correct colors in editor ?

- I use a PinballSP board with wifi module, but I can't use it in editor (error message)? I am not sure if wifi is supported, and if yes how to configure IP adresse or hostname ?

- I notice some 'glitters' (not sure of the English word for this...) for some animations, quick color change, like on this video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt4u3ewh6w8xhrm/IMG_4559.MOV?dl=0

Is it Something I can do for this (except use a one color palette)

Last thing, but on pin2dmd.exe : crash everytime I send data to the board (for example palette change). Change is correctly send to the board, but I need to restart exe after each change made.

Thank's

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

How are things going with the editor?  For the below, I used editor Build 135.  Pin2dmd firmware 2.29

I just tried a mini-test project for my X-files DMD (with keyframes).  

The good news: I created just 4 keyframes (frameseqs) and saved my project.  I reloaded the project and everything is intact!

The bad news : When I try it, the display stops - right at my first replacement frame and requires me to restart the display altogether.

I did renamed palettes.dat to pin2dmd.pal.  Was there also a naming convention change for pin2dmd.fsq?

• Content Provider

I had a look at your project and it seems that it is caused by the pcap file that you use as a dump for your project. Currently only pinmame dumps are fully supported by the editor and the firmware. Pcap files can only be used for palette switching not for frame replacement or addcolor. As a workaround use pinmame dumps to generate framesequences (fsq).

• Content Provider

I have created another test project.  This time, I used a dump from vpinmame directly.

When I try it, the display hangs - right at my first replacement frame and requires me to restart the display altogether.

I am attaching the project- named Xfiles_v4m1.xml

Xfiles_vM1.zip