Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, tjc02002 said:

Sweet nice job! its working well now. only issue I found is that it doesn't let you color the last frame in a scene. it erases the coloring as soon as you click away from that last frame. 

I check if I can reproduce

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

Cannot seem to copy and paste (Cntl-C/Cntl-V).

You first need to either select the area you want to copy using the tool or use CTRL A to mark all.
I already asked Steve to take all if nothing is selected.

6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You first need to either select the area you want to copy using the tool or use CTRL A to mark all.
I already asked Steve to take all if nothing is selected.

I'm color masking a frame and want to copy that mask to the next frame.  I used to be able to do Cntl-C, use the arrow to advance to the next frame, then do a Cntl-V to apply the mask to the frame. The clipboard function does not work anymore.  It is even greyed out in the Edit menu.    I'm using the -32 version.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

I'm color masking a frame and want to copy that mask to the next frame.  I used to be able to do Cntl-C, use the arrow to advance to the next frame, then do a Cntl-V to apply the mask to the frame. The clipboard function does not work anymore.  It is even greyed out in the Edit menu.    I'm using the -32 version.

As I said use CTRL-A - CTRL-C- arrow forward CTRL-V for now. Just tested it and it is working

On 4/7/2018 at 10:14 AM, tjc02002 said:

Sweet nice job! its working well now. only issue I found is that it doesn't let you color the last frame in a scene. it erases the coloring as soon as you click away from that last frame. 

I noticed this too about a month ago and a few updates ago. So this is still happening with the lastest update?

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

As I have said (twice now!), Cntl-A/C/V is not working on mine.  Are you using the -32 version?

Am I the only person using 32 bit version?

You did not confirm you used CTRL-A that is why I was asking twice. I use 64 bit Windows and Mac version.

8 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You did not confirm you used CTRL-A that is why I was asking twice. I use 64 bit Windows and Mac version.

Cntl-A and Cntl-C and Cntl-V (None of the clipboard features) work on 32-bit version.

EDIT:  So I installed Java 64-bit and the clipboard features still do not work.   When I run the last stable 64-bit version of the editor, the clipboard works fine like it always did.  I find it very odd that I'm the only one experiencing this problem.   I'm stumped.  I guess there aren't any new features in the latest version anyway, but I do love the big editing area - makes coloring so much easier (except when you can't copy/paste!). 

14 hours ago, cb3 said:

I can confirm that the copy paste features have been working fine for me and I am using the 64 bit windows version and the latest update.

OK, thanks for the confirmation.  It remains a mystery for me.  Maybe I have a virus in my system or inadequate memory.

Hey lucky1 or cb3,

When you mark start, mark end, and cut a scene - do the drawing tools highlight right away when you click cut?  On mine they are greyed out - I have to click on another scene, then click back on the last cut scene just to make them active.  I didn't have to do that on the old version.

EDIT:  I just downloaded a new version of the editor that was uploaded about 45 minutes ago, and the clipboard now works!!!    Apparently the author fixed the problem.  And I'm so glad I'm not going crazy!

Edited by Rockdude233
It now works!!!

• Content Provider
2 minutes ago, Rockdude233 said:

I notice there are new palette tools and mask types (D-mask/L-mask).  Just wondering what those changes are about and how to use them (if they are even active yet)?

L-Mask is for Layered ColorMask which is in development. 

.Here is what has been fixed

- tools greyed out after cut
- clipboard with select all as default
- last frame colorization problem
- refresh display when removing/adding a frame

New feature

- pipette to extract colors from 24bit imports (e.g.gif) (requested by @32assassin)

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

Hope this isn't a stupid question, but why only 10 masks available?  Why not 50 or at least 20?

There are two reasons to limit the number of masks. First it is cpu intensive to check the masks and second there is a memory limit.
So you should use as few masks as possible and make them kind of universal and reusable for different scenes.

Nevertheless there was a insert mask button before the layout change which seems to be missing. 

I also found out that there is a bug making masked keyframes unusable in the latest version.

Both issues are already reported to Steve and will be fixed soon.

On 4/14/2018 at 1:31 AM, lucky1 said:

There are two reasons to limit the number of masks. First it is cpu intensive to check the masks and second there is a memory limit.
So you should use as few masks as possible and make them kind of universal and reusable for different scenes.

Nevertheless there was a insert mask button before the layout change which seems to be missing. 

I also found out that there is a bug making masked keyframes unusable in the latest version.

Both issues are already reported to Steve and will be fixed soon.

Has the editor been updated to correct these bugs?

• 2 weeks later...

New editor released a couple of days ago it appears.  Love that big editing screen!  Seems to work pretty well for what I know about it so far.  The colorpicker still doesn't come to the forefront when activated, but I know that is already on the request list. 

EDIT:  I spoke too soon, keyframing still doesn't work right.   What is the last stable version that can be used?

20 hours ago, lucky1 said:

For me this is still the last stable version.

OK, thanks lucky1.  It seems like once you save your project with the new version, it will no longer work with the older version, so it pays to keep a backup copy of your project. 

Question - is it possible to to copy palettes from one xml file to another?  I opened the xml file with Wordpad, and it looks like  a text file, but when I tried to copy some palettes into it and save, it wouldn't open with the editor again, probably because I somehow corrupted it.   

EDIT:  Never mind about the question, the answer is yes you can.   But you need to use a program that will maintain the xml file structure.  I successfully did it with EditPad Pro.