Jump to content
lucky1

Pin2Dmd Editor

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, lucky1 said:

A lot of errors have been fixed in the latest version. Please try.

I get why there is a v2-32.exe , v2-64.exe version, and v2-mac.zip, but what is the v2 file for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tjc02002 said:

Sweet nice job! its working well now. only issue I found is that it doesn't let you color the last frame in a scene. it erases the coloring as soon as you click away from that last frame. 

I check if I can reproduce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

Cannot seem to copy and paste (Cntl-C/Cntl-V).

You first need to either select the area you want to copy using the tool or use CTRL A to mark all.
I already asked Steve to take all if nothing is selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You first need to either select the area you want to copy using the tool or use CTRL A to mark all.
I already asked Steve to take all if nothing is selected.

I'm color masking a frame and want to copy that mask to the next frame.  I used to be able to do Cntl-C, use the arrow to advance to the next frame, then do a Cntl-V to apply the mask to the frame. The clipboard function does not work anymore.  It is even greyed out in the Edit menu.    I'm using the -32 version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

I'm color masking a frame and want to copy that mask to the next frame.  I used to be able to do Cntl-C, use the arrow to advance to the next frame, then do a Cntl-V to apply the mask to the frame. The clipboard function does not work anymore.  It is even greyed out in the Edit menu.    I'm using the -32 version.

As I said use CTRL-A - CTRL-C- arrow forward CTRL-V for now. Just tested it and it is working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 10:14 AM, tjc02002 said:

Sweet nice job! its working well now. only issue I found is that it doesn't let you color the last frame in a scene. it erases the coloring as soon as you click away from that last frame. 

I noticed this too about a month ago and a few updates ago. So this is still happening with the lastest update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

As I have said (twice now!), Cntl-A/C/V is not working on mine.  Are you using the -32 version?

Am I the only person using 32 bit version?

You did not confirm you used CTRL-A that is why I was asking twice. I use 64 bit Windows and Mac version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You did not confirm you used CTRL-A that is why I was asking twice. I use 64 bit Windows and Mac version.

Cntl-A and Cntl-C and Cntl-V (None of the clipboard features) work on 32-bit version.

EDIT:  So I installed Java 64-bit and the clipboard features still do not work.   When I run the last stable 64-bit version of the editor, the clipboard works fine like it always did.  I find it very odd that I'm the only one experiencing this problem.   I'm stumped.  I guess there aren't any new features in the latest version anyway, but I do love the big editing area - makes coloring so much easier (except when you can't copy/paste!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cb3    7

I can confirm that the copy paste features have been working fine for me and I am using the 64 bit windows version and the latest update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cb3 said:

I can confirm that the copy paste features have been working fine for me and I am using the 64 bit windows version and the latest update.

OK, thanks for the confirmation.  It remains a mystery for me.  Maybe I have a virus in my system or inadequate memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey lucky1 or cb3,

When you mark start, mark end, and cut a scene - do the drawing tools highlight right away when you click cut?  On mine they are greyed out - I have to click on another scene, then click back on the last cut scene just to make them active.  I didn't have to do that on the old version.

EDIT:  I just downloaded a new version of the editor that was uploaded about 45 minutes ago, and the clipboard now works!!!    Apparently the author fixed the problem.  And I'm so glad I'm not going crazy!

Edited by Rockdude233
It now works!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rockdude233 said:

I notice there are new palette tools and mask types (D-mask/L-mask).  Just wondering what those changes are about and how to use them (if they are even active yet)?

L-Mask is for Layered ColorMask which is in development. 

.Here is what has been fixed

- tools greyed out after cut
- clipboard with select all as default
- last frame colorization problem
- refresh display when removing/adding a frame

New feature

- pipette to extract colors from 24bit imports (e.g.gif) (requested by @32assassin)
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

Hope this isn't a stupid question, but why only 10 masks available?  Why not 50 or at least 20?

There are two reasons to limit the number of masks. First it is cpu intensive to check the masks and second there is a memory limit.
So you should use as few masks as possible and make them kind of universal and reusable for different scenes.

Nevertheless there was a insert mask button before the layout change which seems to be missing. 

I also found out that there is a bug making masked keyframes unusable in the latest version.

Both issues are already reported to Steve and will be fixed soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cb3    7
On 4/14/2018 at 1:31 AM, lucky1 said:

There are two reasons to limit the number of masks. First it is cpu intensive to check the masks and second there is a memory limit.
So you should use as few masks as possible and make them kind of universal and reusable for different scenes.

Nevertheless there was a insert mask button before the layout change which seems to be missing. 

I also found out that there is a bug making masked keyframes unusable in the latest version.

Both issues are already reported to Steve and will be fixed soon.

Has the editor been updated to correct these bugs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×