Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

• Content Provider

Logging is added, please try again. To send me the logfiles, I also added an easy way to do this: there is a new menu item in the help menu that forces a "crash", so you can simply select that menu item after pasting and then click "upload report", so I will receive the last 500 log lines.

Br Steve

• Content Provider

No way to open the ROMs itself. If you want to colorize the ROMs directly use pinballbrowser from Oga83. However you can open PinMame recordings from Stern Machines in pin2dmd editor, import them with 16 shades (make shure you have the very latest version of the editor) and edit them as you wish as a replacement scene just like on other machine types. I´m currently using this to free up some memory from the ROM coloraization of StarTrek to get the rest of the scenes colorized. So SarTrek will be a mixture of modified ROM and PIN2DMD editor pal/fsq/vni export and that way use almost all implemented colorization techniques pin2dmd offers.

• Content Provider

today I looked at the reports. What I see is:

1. The pasted image is recognized:
2. It has an alpha channel
3. BUT: alpha value for all pixels is 0xFF meaning opaque (nothing is transparent)

Maybe you should somehow create the transparency mask in the source before doing copy / paste. As I have no windows system at hand I will try something on osx maybe using iPaint / gimp ...

Thx Steve

• Content Provider

Using paintbrush.app on mac and mark in transparent mode, it works like expected. So I would assume it's somehow based on what photoshop is push to clipboard.

Sorry that I can help any further. Have you tried pasting transparent images in some other application other than pin2dmd editor?

Thx Steve

transparent1.png

transparency2.png

• Content Provider

Im cutting from a transparent layer in photoshop (admittedly Im using photoshop from 2015 because I hate the new one), I have an Adobe Creative Cloud license, so I can use any version I want.

Its not a huge deal for me to flatten the image in photoshop then paste into the editor, I was just trying to trim a few steps. I appreciate you looking into it though!

• 2 weeks later...

As I continue to colorize Tee'd Off, I was wondering if it is possible to import a different golf ball image to make the lame ones in the game look better.  

image.thumb.png.a8ff9989d6697cd86f4b2492ca02f08a.png

Can I paste this golf ball over the existing ones?

image.png.91e081d9a34a967dde1bde53098a8244.png

What is the image format needed as everything I try to past into the scene, just makes a white rectangle.  I have saved it as a .jpg, .png, .tga, and .gif. No luck.

Thanks for the help.

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I scaled it to 128x32 before import.

I used this online tool

https://ezgif.com/

Cool.

is there a dedicated location where people give tips on how to use the editor? I have just gotten to using it and there are some simple things that if I had read would have helped me so far. Here is one:

1. when you draw a regular mask, you have to click the check box off and then back on before you apply it to a frame otherwise your drawn mask isn’t “accepted”.

Anyway, if there is such a section awesome. Otherwise it’s kinda hard fumbling through this entire forum. 

12 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I scaled it to 128x32 before import.

I used this online tool

https://ezgif.com/

This is exactly what I was looking for!!! 

Website takes a video from my cell phone and I can convert it to a useable animation and email it to myself, all from my phone. This is so sweet. 

Basic process:

Ezgif.com: video to gif, then change resolution to 128x32, then optimize and choose no compression, then save

upload gif as animation in editor  

Ok I think I spoke a little too soon...

i got the gif to load into the editor after some messing with the settings. Problem is that as soon as I hook the Pin2dmd up and hit the live preview checkbox, then play the animation, the editor crashes. Here is a pic showing the animation in the editor, then the crash. 

51606B90-0A01-4A46-9A4F-4DE4516C2476.jpeg

E850B0F3-9AEA-43B0-9274-FC35AFF594F9.jpeg