Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

• Content Provider

You are right actually there is some development going on and I don't write release notes until I get something final out.

If you are looking at the nightly build on Bintray there is also a Mac version of course.

To see what's going on refer to the commit logs on GitHub. Nighty is build from the feature branch follow-hash.

Thx Steve

• Content Provider

Thus was changed due to an ambiguity between apply palettes to scenes or keyframes. So now there's two pal buttons under scenes and palettes lists, that does set palettes for scenes or keyframes respectively.

Thx steve

• 3 weeks later...

I believe there could be a bug between the latest version of the firmware(2.42) and the editor when using panels with a different color sequence. See this post:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3360-built-in-diagnostics/

Just seems like the editor is not recognizing the color sequence of the latest firmware when displaying live preview on the display.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, tjc02002 said:

I believe there could be a bug between the latest version of the firmware(2.42) and the editor when using panels with a different color sequence. See this post:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3360-built-in-diagnostics/

Just seems like the editor is not recognizing the color sequence of the latest firmware when displaying live preview on the display.

I answered about it in the other thread. 16 color scenes should be displayed correct but there could be a problem with true color playback like used by pinballX with the new panels. I will check.

• 3 weeks later...

hello 

i try to edit the job of malenko about t2 . but pin2dmd editor don't load the .xml of t2 ( i have the full package of animation files )

Capture4.JPG.60cc11226a2a9923301b425f7e06b851.JPG

I would like to understand how the editor works by looking at an existing project

i have this message !

Capture3JPG.thumb.JPG.aaa3974f9a0d45a1bb0868453c12e566.JPG

thanks for your reply 

regards

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to tackle the steep learning curve to do some colourisation... so far I haven't had much success. Reading through this entire thread, the guide and watching Stefan's YouTube videos seems to answer some questions for me but confuse me with others.

I have a some questions that hopefully someone can quickly answer and I'll keep trying to move along with this.

• I have the latest version or Pin2DMD editor (I believe)  2.2.0.6 but I don't have the "Apply" button that seems to be in everything I look at. Should it be there?
  • Do I need to have the Pin2DMD connected to be able to export a project (I currently don't as I am not doing the editing on my cab)? I have coloured 3 scenes and I was hoping to export the project and test it to make sure what I am doing is correct but when I attempt to export the project I get a message that says "Please don't publish projects with copyrighted material / frames" but nothing exports.

I have coloured the scenes that I have done using the "Replace" method which seems to be a slow way of doing it but it's the only way so far I have gotten it to colour how I want. That is probably due to me not knowing what I am doing but when I use other methods I don't seem to be able to get the colours I want or when I chose the colour and then click on a pixel in the image the colour does match what I have selected.

I do have another question which doesn't change anything but am curious to know. Why to use the editor do you need to have a Pin2DMD license? Wouldn't it be better to not require licensing if it's hoped that more people in the community help the project along?

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, AnotherRat said:

I have the latest version or Pin2DMD editor (I believe)  2.2.0.6 but I don't have the "Apply" button that seems to be in everything I look at. Should it be there?

We had to split the apply button into two to differentiate between simple pal switches and scenes. It has been replaced from the pal buttons below the keyframe and scene lists.

7 hours ago, AnotherRat said:
  • Do I need to have the Pin2DMD connected to be able to export a project (I currently don't as I am not doing the editing on my cab)? I have coloured 3 scenes and I was hoping to export the project and test it to make sure what I am doing is correct but when I attempt to export the project I get a message that says "Please don't publish projects with copyrighted material / frames" but nothing exports.

No, you don´t need to have the pin2dmd connected. Maybe you did not assign keyframes to the scenes as trigger points. It should ask for a file name for the export and then generate the files.

I have coloured the scenes that I have done using the "Replace" method which seems to be a slow way of doing it but it's the only way so far I have gotten it to colour how I want. That is probably due to me not knowing what I am doing but when I use other methods I don't seem to be able to get the colours I want or when I chose the colour and then click on a pixel in the image the colour does match what I have selected.

Did you read on pin2dmd.com what the difference is between replace and color mask ? The brightness level of a existing pixel is preserved in  color mask mode and that is the reason why you got a different color. 

I do have another question which doesn't change anything but am curious to know. Why to use the editor do you need to have a Pin2DMD license? Wouldn't it be better to not require licensing if it's hoped that more people in the community help the project along?

That is not true. The license in fact is only needed for real pin export. VPin export does not need a license and these exports can be used together with the dmddevice.dll of freezy totally for free. Current problem is that the dmddevice.dll from freezy is not up to date with the latest editor features but freezy is working on it.

Hi, and thank you so much for providing a Linux version.

I am using version 119 and cannot seem to load a dump file.  I have three in tar.gz format (I downloaded them from here, they are The Addams Family) and I can't seem to get them to load.  I try "Animations -> Load Animation" or "Animations -> Load Recording" but nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

• Content Provider

Hi,

Is this the version from here ? https://bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/Editor2#files

I´m sorry I can´t help you with this. I only have OSX and Windows for testing where it is working fine. Please open a issue on the github page to report the problem to Steve  https://github.com/sker65/go-dmd-clock/issues

17 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Hi,

Is this the version from here ? https://bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/Editor2#files

I´m sorry I can´t help you with this. I only have OSX and Windows for testing where it is working fine. Please open a issue on the github page to report the problem to Steve  https://github.com/sker65/go-dmd-clock/issues

Yes, I'm using the latest verison.  I'll open an issue on github, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys!

I'm trying to create some animation to goDMD, but I can't export it with "Animation->export for goDMD".
I have registered the board, and put the same file into "Help->Register".

I made some dumps with vpinball, than I loaded it into the program, and created soma Scene-s, after that click export but nothing happens :(

Tried it with osx, and win10.

Thank you for the help, and sorry for my bad english.

Cheers
Logen

• Content Provider

I have a problem with the editor, I cant paste transparent pixels. like if I color a non square section

see below:

WCS94.png.21ff1aed056f7d9b979b7a25d937a624.png

the white area around "world cup" were non selected pixels in photoshop. The editor seems to fill in the gaps with white

• Content Provider
I have a problem with the editor, I cant paste transparent pixels. like if I color a non square section

see below:
WCS94.png.21ff1aed056f7d9b979b7a25d937a624.png
the white area around "world cup" were non selected pixels in photoshop. The editor seems to fill in the gaps with white
Hey Malenko,
I thought that this should be possible. But I'm not sure how I once tested this meaning which program I was using.
It was on Mac and I was no Photoshop, because I don't have Photoshop.

I will test and try to achieve the same, paste a "masked" image.

Thx Steve

• Content Provider

From what I see in the code, there's two cases: one for hi color target frames / scenes, one for scenes with up to 16 colors and a palette. For the latter the code is rather generic, saying "if the pasted image has an alpha channel, then use every pixel less transparent the 50% as mask.

So either this threshold is wrong, or the pasted image format itself, or the target frame is hi color for whatever reason ...

I will add more logging, to see what exactly is happening, then you need to try again ... Do you know how to extract a logfile. Its the newest log in the temp directory.