Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

• Content Provider
Does the "dump" file have to be limited in size ??
Because my file has 262mb and the editor does not open it, the program hangs.

Afaics it is not limited in general, but of course your computer must have enough memory

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, fly said:

Does the "dump" file have to be limited in size ??
Because my file has 262mb and the editor does not open it, the program hangs.

Did you compress the txt file ? You can do that using 7zip. Select the file in the explorer - right click on it - choose 7zip - choose add to archive. Then a dialog opens up. Select gzip as archive format. Compress the txt file.

• Content Provider

Im at work so I cant log the bug in at the repository, but when you cut the animation, the keyframe is set the frame AFTER the animation is done. I've had to go back and set new key frames (eventually disabling auto key frame making)

• 2 weeks later...

Can one work with someone else colorizing a project each doing parts, What would be the best way to approach this with the app?

Lastly is there a colorization strategy that one should take lets say to older bally williams pins? For example what initial 4 colors to use (that would minimize editing) and how many different palletes to create etc? Like choosing the 4 pallete colors for the majority of the screen images, and the dynamic content like scores etc. 

IBJ

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, ibjeepin said:

Can one work with someone else colorizing a project each doing parts, What would be the best way to approach this with the app

Not really, you'd have to load up 2 versions of the editor and copy all the frames over 1 by 1 and cut the animation times and set key frames, so you wouldn't be saving much time on work.. You could pass the files back and forth and have only 1 person at a time work on them, but you'd have to take turns and not work on 2 different things at the same time.

Everything is going to vary from game to game in terms of recoloring , the only way to know for sure is to try.

SO I am playing around with the editor and I think I am finding that there are a few issues. I had done a frame cut and then started editing it. I ended up with frame zero with a clock and am missing the original frame zero.  It happened shortly after multiple playing with the start button. 

594024047616f_6-13-20171-37-09PM.thumb.jpg.cf70ac4257881562207ec3ebc9c5bcfc.jpg

196 kb · Done

5940240a23590_6-13-20171-41-41PM.thumb.jpg.9bc3e44749c8f67623fdbf9ad3c42fd7.jpg

I also tried to copy static color info from one frame to another using ctrl-c in windows but its not working or mybe I am not in the right mode?

UPDATE : when pressing start and it loops it deletes another frame and replace it with the clock frame. DId it again and now the clock has overwritten the first 13 frames! ANy way to get my missing / replace frames I spent time on, back?

594028b451140_6-13-20172-00-22PM.thumb.jpg.01050f1e93072c7b4da6cf9fc1e92001.jpg

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Working on my machines without a problem. Try run as admin or a newer 64 bit java version.

Yep nope! Had latest installed, Uninstalled and reinstalled java, and tried 32 bit too. Splash screen then nothing.

java version "1.8.0_131"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

MORE INFO see in processes javaw.exe starts running but then ends.

Windows 7 64bit lastest updates.

2 hours ago, Rappelbox said:

Find the pin2dmd.properties file and rename it. I had exactly the same issue with my installation and deleting that file fixed it for me.

Yes that fixed the problem! Thanks, now back to colorizing! :) 

Can anyone tell me the best way to animate the mansion scenes there are as many as the windows but there are many keyframes the exact same in each animation and wish to minimize the redundancy in effort. I wish to do them in 16 colors there are 3 of the examples videos below

TAF Mansion 1 Animation

TAF Mansion 2 Animation

TAF Mansion 3 Animation

As well anyone can tell me how to embed a youtube video here like others. 

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, ibjeepin said:

Can anyone tell me the best way to animate the mansion scenes there are as many as the windows but there are many keyframes the exact same in each animation and wish to minimize the redundancy in effort. I wish to do them in 16 colors there are 3 of the examples videos below

TAF Mansion 1 Animation

TAF Mansion 2 Animation

TAF Mansion 3 Animation

As well anyone can tell me how to embed a youtube video here like others. 

You should be able to copy and paste (ctrl-c ctrl-v) to colorize frames which are the same in different scenes.

So I finished Mansion scene, It only took about 9 -10 blurry hours of colorizing each of the 78 frames by hand Just the mansion scene alone has another 12 more of these let alone all the other animations. There has to be an easier way to do this with moving / scrolling animations where most of it is the same. like maybe the programmer could put on his list a fill mask where I can do a color pallet replace like all photo editor programs have and I just click on source and destination colors in a mask to chage all the pixels with one click. Or it would be great if I could for this another way. 

Anyway at this rate it will take me forever to colorize this beast. Now I understand why so few pins hae been done and why ColorDMD charges a boatload of money for essentially the same hardware. Its the colorization! 

Any help to speed this up or links to the info would be great

IBJ

• Content Provider

Looks great ! I did not have a look at the other mansion scenes, but as far as I remember they all start with the same picture,

scroll up to the level of the window and then the window gets to the front. So you have to cut the scene into pieces anyways to make it work. Good thing is that you only have to do the common parts of the scene once.

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

Hello Lucky1,
I am sending you this MP to ask for help on a problem that I encounter on PINBALL Editor (version 32 and 64 bits).
I can not run the application on my Pincab which runs with a PIN2DMD (Discovery card wired directly on both LED panels).
The program detects the PIN2DMD but can not display anything in the preview. I have no time posted.
I constantly have a Java error message while the Pincab is up to date (Win10 64, Java V8.144, Pin2Dmd V2.41, Vpinmame 3.0).
I have been searching for the solution for several weeks but without success this is why I send you this request for help. :mp:
Would you have an idea of the problem on my machine?

• Content Provider

Hello Lucky1,
I uninstalled Java and reinstalled the Java 8.144 64-bit version and is now working properly after a restart of the Pincab. I should have started with that.
Again Thank you for your outstanding work and the help you bring to each.
cordially
JL