Pin2Dmd Editor

lucky1

• Content Provider

but will that just switch the palette or show the replacement frames?

Im having issues with the latets build of the editor (build 46) with exporting GIFs. I always pick dot size 4 but it only exports it at 2

Here is the biggest problem that I can't find a solution for. I watched all the new videos (they are awesome btw!). What if I have an image that has dynamic text in front of it? I cant figure out a way to replace it. Since there is an image behind the dynamic stuff, you cant just draw a box and say make this area this color. Am I missing something (I am guessing not with all the people I have had PM me with questions)?

• Content Provider

The best way to find a solution for such problems is an example in form of a project file which you upload which contains such a scene.

Otherwise it is just theoretical

• Content Provider

when I try to export I get this:

*DUMP REMOVED

Im running as an admin , win10 64 bit  tried exporting with a different name and triedexporting both new and old formats.

Edited by malenko
removed unneeded dump

• Content Provider

In the latest release I added a "Upload report" button in the global error window. This make it easier to track down error feedback. The error report contains exactly the same as the details window of the dialog shows, it contains stack trace, 500 log lines, environment, editor version. Additionally you can add some notes describing the error.

Hope this helps improving the error feedback.

Thx Steve

Error_und_Pin2dmd_Editor__-_SFII_xml.png

• Content Provider

Hi Malenko, having no key frames to a scene is not a problem per se. You can still export for real / vpins. What your error report / issue is still missing: the version of the editor!!

So please either use the new report function mentioned above, or include exact version / build number. I can't release frequent updates and then track errors without knowing what exact version causes the crash.

Thx Steve

• Content Provider

I think it was the other way around. He had keyframes without scenes or at least without dump. I deleted them, assigned new ones and the export was working fine.

• Content Provider
21 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I think it was the other way around. He had keyframes without scenes or at least without dump. I deleted them, assigned new ones and the export was working fine.

Good hint, maybe there is a check missing.

• Content Provider
On 5/15/2017 at 2:57 AM, lucky1 said:

that all started when the editor didn't create key frames when I cut the animation, no idea how I could make a keyframe without a scene or dump, but like I PM'ed you Im going to re-record now that the flicker is gone on Gottlieb V2 and just copy / paste the altered frames over. "Working fine" is a bit disingenuous  , the export is working but the replaced animations were not, at least not on the actual pin.

Steve, I'd suggest adding a link to your signature to the bintray page :)

On 10.05.2017 at 6:25 PM, Syco54645 said:

plug it into the usb as well and record with the pin2dmd software.

I set  in the PIN2DMD software "Create Dumpfile" and "Save Config", I connected to the real pinball, but nothing was recorded  :/

• Content Provider

Maybe you connected the wrong USB. You need to connect the micro USB not the mini USB to do a dump. Current device mode should be recognized automatically . No need to press save config also. Just activate "create dump" and the letters should change to red. Your dump file is created in the same directory as the pin2dmd.exe is stored.

Ok, Today I worked on T2 and I still have some issues that is preventing me from actively working on colorizing roms. I wanted to start working with color masking as this is the only efficient way to color several frames that need to have repeated coloring of certain parts.

The issue I have is that the selected color do not show up correctly in the preview plane (other color then selected one). I have no clue why this is. I included a video to demonstrate what I mean. All scenes have been created with the option to automatically create the key frame.

In addition I have some general observations that I think help in user friendliness:

Observations 64bit version 2.1.0.0, build 64:

- when creating new scenes with the automated keyframe it does not create a new palette with a unique name for each new scene. It copies the first new created palette to all the other created scenes. Preference is a new assigned palette for each new scene created.
- when selecting different scenes the Scene name or Duration of the selected scene are not displayed in the KeyFrame tab
- When you have created several scenes with automated keyframes and you select a keyframe it jumps to the last frame +1 of the corresponding scene in the preview, I would prefer it jumps to the last frame of the scene and displays this one.
- The color picker is not always on top (using Ctrl-Click to bring up the selection window). Only the first time when you use Ctrl-Click it is placed on top. Preference is the color picker is always placed on top.

color mask.mp4

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, senseless said:

Ok, Today I worked on T2 and I still have some issues that is preventing me from actively working on colorizing roms. I wanted to start working with color masking as this is the only efficient way to color several frames that need to have repeated coloring of certain parts.

The issue I have is that the selected color do not show up correctly in the preview plane (other color then selected one). I have no clue why this is. I included a video to demonstrate what I mean. All scenes have been created with the option to automatically create the key frame.

In addition I have some general observations that I think help in user friendliness:

Observations 64bit version 2.1.0.0, build 64:

- when creating new scenes with the automated keyframe it does not create a new palette with a unique name for each new scene. It copies the first new created palette to all the other created scenes. Preference is a new assigned palette for each new scene created.
- when selecting different scenes the Scene name or Duration of the selected scene are not displayed in the KeyFrame tab
- When you have created several scenes with automated keyframes and you select a keyframe it jumps to the last frame +1 of the corresponding scene in the preview, I would prefer it jumps to the last frame of the scene and displays this one.
- The color picker is not always on top (using Ctrl-Click to bring up the selection window). Only the first time when you use Ctrl-Click it is placed on top. Preference is the color picker is always placed on top.

color mask.mp4

You seem to not fully understood how ColMAsk is working. You can´t fill an area which has originally the color 3 with color 8. It can only have color 7,11, or 15. 

Maybe this helps you to understand how it works

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You seem to not fully understood how ColMAsk is working. You can´t fill an area which has originally the color 3 with color 8. It can only have color 7,11, or 15. 

Thanks for explaining this :), I did not pick this up from the youtube tutorials. Just read the editor info page (http://pin2dmd.com/editor/) again and found this bit of info and it is clear to me now..

Maybe it's just me but it's a lot to grasp and to get the hang of it. Will keep trying :).

• Content Provider

its CLUTCH to know you can still copy / paste the masks between frames.

So I take this frame
Ken1.JPG.a3a6977318a95431926807ec6a4583ca.JPG

And define the colors and masks and I get this:
Ken2.JPG.458727af842a8ad97d2ed542fd14bb86.JPG

I can copy that data (that looks like this)
Ken3.JPG.4e37a85c2738ce3e03bd26031d6e7246.JPG

And paste it onto this frame:
Ken4.JPG.65dac3d9e1532333b68137368941b8a3.JPG

And get this:
ken5.JPG.84cbbf3234d5a12e146a8621f6b3d128.JPG

Then I  just need to color in the X with the last section of the palette:
ken6.JPG.94dc983bf97c26e3ee1747cd02f765db.JPG

I can get the sequence done in about 10 minutes as opposed to MUCH longer.