Frame For Pin2Dmd

jadflat

My suggestion is to simply use some kind of plastic or an acrylic board and drill some matching holes. And, like UncleSash with his board did, use some plastic spacers.

If I find enough time the next days, maybe I can draw a picture and post it as pdf so you can simply print it, draw and drill the holes.

Greets,

Dom

If you guys need something cut I have a luguna Il With ATC and a thermal wood 90 5 axis at home. Soon as I finish with the toppers I can do the plexi 2-3$ + shipping , just need to find a way for it not to crack during shipping , anything else u need cut just pm me

also if anyone needs CNC files also i will share just let me know what type you need

• 3 weeks later...

I have designed a sturdy 3D printable frame that works for me in my cabinet. I have both the printable frame (stl file) and solidworks design files up on dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4y1plz9zl1dcksv/AAAAHToMIViCYdrj3FNdCrtDa?dl=0. The 1rst things to note, is this is meant to print in 2 identical parts, my 3D printer (flashforge creator X) can't print the full width required (about 325 mm) for a single bracket. The 2nd thing to note is the frame is about 2.5 mm wider on the left/right and about 3.5 mm wider on the top/bottom. This was done because my cabinet previously had a single color led matrix installed using a pindmd2, that was slightly larger than the current full color led matrix, again this is specific to my cabinet, it may or may not work for yours. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Frames are also NOW AVAILABLE in my US Order Thread!

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2250-pin2dmd-preorder-us-world-non-eu/?p=24320

Thanks to Rappelbox for the Design template!

The Frame is professional Laser cutted and made out of nice, (3mm) 0.118inch thick, black Acryclic!

You can mount the Original Frame to my (Rappelbox Design!!!) Frame and into your Cab.

Or mount the DMD directly to the Frame.

Frame with RGB Display Detailed

Frame with RGB Display

Frame with RGB Display in AMBER Color mode

regards

Sascha

I just removed both panels and cut the existing frame in half with an fine iron saw. Works perfect. after that I joined both halves with some square steel corner irons. No access to camera right now but i'll make a pic later. Works perfect. Little crude maybe but It's invisable behind a speakerpanel / backglass anyways. The discovery board also attached with some PCB standoffs

The pics (as requested by Kiwi)

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

Edited by Djurre
Pic add request

• 9 months later...

Hi,

This is the first one I just cut out of 10mm polycarbonate I had lying around.  I was intended for something else hence all the little holes, but they make no difference to the appearance from the front.

The next two I bought a piece of polycarbonate at the local Hardware, I could get 10mm and 8mm for the hardware , Both would be ok.

The surround is just black foam. The Panels themselves are still on the manufacturers plastic 64x64 frame I cut in half to get 128 x 32 and mount side by side.

I think its the simplest part of the project.

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:05 AM, tjc02002 said:

For real pinball installation, are the LED panels perfectly centered in the mount holes into the pinball speaker panel?

Not sure what you mean, but if you make the mount you drill it so it is perfectly centred.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a Williams WPC frame for 3d printing.  Measurements from Jedge Dredd.

Prints fine in ABS on my Replicator 2 clone.

Requires 200mm x 140mm bed.

This is my first 3d design so I expect will refine it over time as I learn.  Any changes I will post here.  I will next revision probably also make it into 3 shorter pieces to print with 150mm x 150mm for smaller printers.

I used Designspark mechanical for this hence the attached .rsdoc file.  However as I discovered yesterday it has no mirror tool so I will now look for an alternative.

PIN2DMD frame V20170102.JPG

PIN2DMD Judge Dredd 20170102 0946 bridge.rsdoc

PIN2DMD Judge Dredd 20170102 1211 Left only.stl

PIN2DMD Judge Dredd 20170102 1211 Right only.stl

PIN2DMD Judge Dredd 20170102 1211 Bridge only.stl

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 4:25 PM, Gravelrash said:

I made a Williams WPC frame for 3d printing.  Measurements from Jedge Dredd.

Prints fine in ABS on my Replicator 2 clone.

Requires 200mm x 140mm bed.

This is my first 3d design so I expect will refine it over time as I learn.  Any changes I will post here.  I will next revision probably also make it into 3 shorter pieces to print with 150mm x 150mm for smaller printers.

I used Designspark mechanical for this hence the attached .rsdoc file.  However as I discovered yesterday it has no mirror tool so I will now look for an alternative.

PIN2DMD frame V20170102.JPG

This looks great!  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I have several 3D printing outfits in locally, prices are reasonable enough to consider them. Are you guys printing in PLA or ABS material?

Is it easy to just combine the left + right sides to make one complete frame?  I might have to look into this more if I can find a local 3D print outfit with a large format printer

On 12/13/2015 at 1:45 PM, opcode said:

I have designed a sturdy 3D printable frame that works for me in my cabinet. I have both the printable frame (stl file) and solidworks design files up on dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4y1plz9zl1dcksv/AAAAHToMIViCYdrj3FNdCrtDa?dl=0. The 1rst things to note, is this is meant to print in 2 identical parts, my 3D printer (flashforge creator X) can't print the full width required (about 325 mm) for a single bracket. The 2nd thing to note is the frame is about 2.5 mm wider on the left/right and about 3.5 mm wider on the top/bottom. This was done because my cabinet previously had a single color led matrix installed using a pindmd2, that was slightly larger than the current full color led matrix, again this is specific to my cabinet, it may or may not work for yours. 

EDIT/UPDATE:

I decided to just print these out. Using 3dhubs.com I have found several local printers who have reasonable fees. Never knew such a crowd sourced market existed. Pretty neat.

I designed this 3D printable frame. It is 2 identical pieces and also has mounts for uncle Sashs v2 board(will also fit v3 but not using direct panel connector)and a 12-5v regulator(for use in a real pinball machine).  It's also got screw locations to add a piece of tinted acrylic to the front(I'm doing this this weekend). This is designed to fit into a real pinball machine. I'll load the design files up when I get home if anyone is interested. Oh and this design uses the bare panels without the plastic bracket. I was a little worried about space in a wpc95 install with the acrylic sheet in front as well(looked tight in my MM without the sheet). 

IMG_1920.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG