Thank You For All The Work Authors Have Done!

Just a little over 4 years ago I stumbled on a video of a beautifully crafted VP cabinet.  This lit a fire under me that culminated in the finished construction of a 3 screen cabinet.  I initial remember struggling with all the various "plugins" and such and VP versions and never being able to get a consistent experience with all VP Tables loaded on the cabinet and ended in about 68 tables loaded.  Recently as the cabinet had not been turned on for some time I started to consider selling it.  I wanted to ensure that I could advise the buyer of the best way to configure and look for tables, back glasses, etc. (yes I am aware that I cannot sell the cab with software installed)

1. I discovered VP 9.9.1 with updates to the various vbs scripts and low and behold, all the tables still worked!

2. PinballX.  Sooooo much nicer then HyperPin (which was excellent to start with)

3. dB2S. Whoever came up with this I cannot give you enough high fives.

I then went about collecting all the various media files for all my tables. Then with some more work was able to start easily loading many of the newer Stern tables, as I tested the new tables with dB2S I noticed the next wonderful thing.  PinballX loading the dB2S automatically in preview.  The days of croping pngs where over!  

Even my LEDwiz still works through updating the only 2 tables that I ever got it setup on.  I then got all the tables converted to db2s and started loading DOF a few minutes later the ledwiz was functional on every single table on the cabinet.

With all that! I want to extend the biggest internet thank you to all the programers, scripters, authors, etc and tables, dB2S, media, etc for their constant work and improvement.

I am not longer considering selling my Cabinet!

thankyouinternet.jpg

• Content Provider

Great to hear.  Wait till you give PM5 or VP10 a try.  That will make you want to keep it even more as those two version fix what to me was the most frustrating part of VP.  The flipper aim ability.

Archived