Pin2Dmd Order thread

Rappelbox

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good!

I'm so excited.

Hopefully you get all the part complete soon.

The black pcb's indeed look great.

Will you include the square plastic frame that comes with the displays so that we can make a first mounting frame out of it like Randr did? Seems like a good first quick solution.

Can't wait for the next update!

Good luck!

Best regards,

Jasper

Hi Dom,

do you have any PCBs left (the 9,50 euro sets)? I would like to order 3 of those shipped to The Netherlands. 

My screens are already on their way and I will order the STM32F4 boards from farnell. ( http://nl.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/stm32f4discovery/stm32f407-usb-otg-discovery-kit/dp/2009276?ost=2009276&mckv=saV3cqEFi_dc%7Cpcrid%7C101994551167%7Ckword%7Cstm32f4discovery%7Cmatch%7Cp%7Cplid%7C&selectedCategoryId=&CMP=KNC-GNL-FNL-GEN-SKU-MDC&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-NqyBRC905irsrLr-LUBEiQAWJFYTqFJ6-MKRioN_7di_aFjYEaskzSHqT8Plv_RYD8sVHcaAj8Y8P8HAQ

The soldering looks pretty straightforward so I don't expect any problems there.  :)

If you don't have any unsoldered sets left. Please keep in mind I would like 3 when ordering new PCBs and parts.  ;)

Thanks.

• Content Provider

Oh boy, you're not pushing ;) maybe a little :D

I'm still waiting for the card-readers and the second batch of displays. In the meantime, I'm soldering as much as I can. 162 solder point for each board...

Greets,

Dom

Well done looks not so bad...

The Headers are under the STm Board!

You are not able to connect or disconnect the Cable to/from the DMD.

Only when you remove the STm Board!

And the STm Board is not 100% connected.

Dom,

To be honest. I really don't care if the PCB design is "flawed" as long as the functionality is 100%.  :)

So my request for the 3 PCBs still stands. If you don't have any left I'll have to wait until you order V2.   ;)

I will probably order a few V2s as well when you get those made (I liked the idea of unclesash with regard to the extra "topper"-connections on the PCB by the way).

Archived