Pin2Dmd Order thread

Rappelbox

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Rappelbox

I've got a few questions, I don't know how many times they have been asked before, so sorry for that.

Do I have to buy a micro sd module? And if so, how much memory do I need?

About the 5v power supply, can I use the one coming out of my pc's power supply or do I need to get a dedicated supply?

Thanks!

Jasper

• Content Provider

I thought the SD-card reader was to load colored animations and pallet changes within the same ROM

For both vp and real pinball. Maybe I misread this :P

You did ! When you use the controller with the RGB panels and for a vpin you currently don´t need a SD card.

Palettes are loaded into RAM by the config tool via USB. There may be a use for it in the near future ;)

• Content Provider

You did ! When you use the controller with the RGB panels and for a vpin you currently don´t need a SD card.

Palettes are loaded into RAM by the config tool via USB. There may be a use for it in the near future ;)

You need one, when you want to save the actual color selection with a VPin cab.

When you set your DMD to single color "red" and there is no SD-card in, you get the RGB color after next reset from the controller (reset = lose of 5V power or with the black reset button on board).

Then you have to set the color again with the Pin2DMD.exe tool.

Everyone will get a micro-sd card reader included ;) call it an early Christmas gift.

For cables, I have to wait till tomorrow, sadly. The displays have passed German customs and will be delivered tomorrow. I hope to start soldering the first parts by the end of the week. All other small things like pin headers etc are still on the way to Germany. I had to order them in Asia because European prices were insanely high.

Greets,

Dom

Sounds good Rappelbox!

Thanks for the update and good luck with all the soldering.

What version of the pin2dmd board do we get, I guess the first edition?

But the features are the same, oder habe Ich das falsch verstanden? ;)

Hertzlichen grüssen,

Jasper

Archived