Pin2Dmd Order thread

Rappelbox

6 hours ago, malenko said:

you cant copy/paste?

Basically, it looks like some of the components are on back order from China so Dominik is waiting just like us before he can complete our orders.  The real problem here is that people like myself and BlackPredator72 are trying to explain the situation to Dom's customers and not Dom!  I saw a post on FB where Dom says he hasn't posted anything because there is no news to post???  Well I think letting the customers know that parts were on back order and that there may not be a timetable for shipping would be news to convey instead of letting people wonder whats happening with no communication.  Just my two cents!  So I continue to wait patiently...

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

No I agree. It would be better to say "I'm sorry, I'm waiting on parts" over dead silence.  I thought he and I had a good rapport but he even ignored my messages , PMs, and FB chats. Kinda hurt my feelings to be honest. 

9 hours ago, Rappelbox said:

Just pm’ed you Thomas.

You are absolutely right, being non-responsive made it simply worse...
I’m putting pin2dmds on hold for now, all open orders are being still processed, unfortunately not as fast as thought.

Thank you for the update Dom, would you be able to give me some kind of timetable for my order?  Are we still weeks away from being shipped? months?

17 minutes ago, Rappelbox said:

Ranging from a week to 3.
Sorry I can’t be more precise.

No worries, thank you for the update!  I'm getting excited again about the Royal Rumble colorization!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 7:31 AM, Rappelbox said:

Ranging from a week to 3.
Sorry I can’t be more precise.

Dominik,

It's been 3 weeks since the last update, I still have not received my order.  Any new word on when I can expect delivery?  Thanks!

Hope 2 see my Pin2DMD also soon.

Already mailed Dominik on his info website mail address and on Facebook with Messenger but again...no response.

Wanted to let him know that my home address has changed in the 2+ months waiting period so he doesn't send the board to the old house.

Thank You Dom for the update, looking forward to getting the pin2dmd setup!

I wanted to put a different perspective out there for the community, I know German Gaming Supplies has taken a lot of complaints here recently (from myself included) and some of it was deserved...i.e. (no or poor communication mostly).  For the last few weeks Dominik has been very responsive to me on my order status and while it has taken a while to complete, I do believe that certain delays are beyond his control, I think we should remind ourselves that most of the people in this community are here because this is a hobby or passion of ours...this is not our full time jobs or how we make our livings and I believe this includes GGS, Dom has a hobby shop and for the most part is providing a service to the community (I know I do not have the skills to build my own devices).

I just wanted to say that my experience with GGS has greatly improved since we've started communicating much more effectively.  I am looking forward to getting the devices soon.  Thank You Dom!

Ok cb3 good to hear you're communicating with him. Hopefully he will do the same with me soon  as my order (and payment) was from the 4th of April. When did you order yours?

It doesn't matter if it takes longer than promised, but the only thing he must do is give people a status update or answer on email/PM/Messenger/forum if you ask something from him.

If he doesn't react on anything (but at the same time posting a lot of updates on Facebook and reacting on people's comments) it can give a wrong message.

It may be a hobby, but still he has a website with products for sell and again, when I ordered there was a delivery time of 8-9 workdays what is an acceptable time, in the meanwhile I'm waiting for 2½ months now.

So Dom the only thing I want to know, what is the ETA? And did you get one of my messages about the shipping address that has been changed, before you send it to other people?

36 minutes ago, BlackPredator72 said:

Ok cb3 good to hear you're communicating with him. Hopefully he will do the same with me soon  as my order (and payment) was from the 4th of April. When did you order yours?

It doesn't matter if it takes longer than promised, but the only thing he must do is give people a status update or answer on email/PM/Messenger/forum if you ask something from him.

If he doesn't react on anything (but at the same time posting a lot of updates on Facebook and reacting on people's comments) it can give a wrong message.

It may be a hobby, but still he has a website with products for sell and again, when I ordered there was a delivery time of 8-9 workdays what is a acceptable time, in the meanwhile I'm waiting for 2½ months now.

So Dom the only thing I want to know, what is the ETA? And did you get one of my messages about the shipping address that has been changed, before you send it to other people?

I placed an order with Dom on the first week of March.  I have been emailing him at his website address... [email protected].  I hope he gets back to you soon, Good Luck!

• Content Provider
On 21.5.2018 at 12:26 PM, BlackPredator72 said:

A few days ago I had some kind of answer on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1449137271766496?view=permalink&id=2093086837371533

Verstuurd vanaf mijn RNE-L21 met Tapatalk

PIN2DMD is a DIY project and has a lot more features compared to PINDMD3. Read more about it on pin2dmd.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4½ months waiting now.....and again...no reaction anymore.... First time in my life I've waited that long for something I bought but haven't received yet.

Stupid me...I had a working cab with a PinDMD3 Color but after getting no updates or support and only a few Original tables were in color I decided it was time to replace it for a PIN2DMD.

So I ordered and paid a PIN2DMD (estimated delivery time 8 -9 workdays) and tried to sell the PinDMD3, after a few days someone bought it and I thought the PIN2DMD is coming in a few days, so no worries about that.

At the moment I have a nice hole in my backglass and a lot of virtual DMD's are returning to the backglass to see my scores, but at least I can play.

So Dominik, when do you expect to build my PIN2DMD and send it to me? A few weeks ago you showed some pictures on Facebook with new parts and you said some of it are for PIN2DMD's. Ok maybe a better question, how many PIN2DMD's do you have to build before it's my turn?

• 3 weeks later...

A miracle happened today! Look what finally came 2 my house (after exactly 5 months):

PIN2_DMD.jpg

Now I have to find out, which cable has to be connected, the Micro or Mini USB, or both? And does it need extra power? How to upgrade the firmware? Etc etc...

Is there somewhere a how to start, tutorial or something for nOObs like me?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 1:41 AM, Rappelbox said:

PM sent.

Thanks for sending an update Dominik!  Still haven't received the order yet.  The tracking information still shows as not shipped though.  Any update on when it will ship out?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 5/23/2018 at 11:10 AM, Rappelbox said:

Just pm’ed you Thomas.

You are absolutely right, being non-responsive made it simply worse...
I’m putting pin2dmds on hold for now, all open orders are being still processed, unfortunately not as fast as thought.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived