UncleSash

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

rev 1.3 sneak peak...

Yeah! They are made!

DHL just have to deliever them to me!

Yea! I can't wait to have mine to play around with. I did receive the v1.2. Still waiting on my LED panels to get here. At this rate I'll probably get both sets of panels I ordered right around the same time.

• Content Provider

:) how many pin2dmd users are there now? Working great here. Though I'm still undecided if I can give up my plasma on virtual

With Header Boards we have:

• 20 User rev 1.1
  • 10 User rev 1.2
  • 20 User rev 1.3 in a couple weeks
  • 40 (arround) for RappelBox Header Board in Europe (may be he provide me this number to show off a little bit)
  • many user with just the STm controller and home made cable solution
That makes a Total from miminum:

90 Pin2DMD User all over the world (yes I send some to Canada, Europe and Australia!!!)

I had ordered 50 pcb for the european group buy ;)

I have already preorders for the 3rd batch... I think, PIN2DMD has already reached the 100 piece passmark. That tells me that Lucky1 and Steve45 developed a georgeous piece of software. UncleSash is doing a fantastic job on the hardware side. He helped me with my layout, gave and is still giving great tips on how to improve my board :):D

Greets,

Dom

I have already preorders for the 3rd batch...

Hey Rappelbox, I think i'm one of the preorders from that batch right? I don't want to rush you, but I'm courious what you expect that the timespan will be.

What I understand from the posts: order nr.2 for EU is sold out > waiting for enough pre-orders > Ordering PCB in new groupbuy. Is that correct?

Awesome community effort this. It shows what can be done with a group of dedicated members. Big thumbs up!

Well, the pcbs are not the issue atm. Main issue is to get the displays into the eu. Once they are in its a timespan of about 1 to max. 2 weeks. Normally I have the pcbs ready before the displays arrive.

The 2nd batch of displays has been confiscated by customs and will be sent back. Angela Wang was very kind and professional, so she is shipping new ones by the end of this week, latest at the beginning of next.

That is real good customer service.

What we should all not forget is that without the effort, loyalty and trust in this project we wouldn't have been so far [emoji106][emoji6]

Greets,

Dom

• Content Provider

Hello Guys!

May be some one don´t read this?!?!

Please donate for children.

Also childrens in Kenja wants a wonderfull life!

here is Lucky1´s post for his Pin2DMD goes to Charity Project:

Seeing PIN2DMD being such a huge success in the community and having already more than 100 users realy makes me happy and made me recognize once again how privileged I am. Since this is a open source project where the contributors share their knowledge and time for free to make others happy and some of the users want to show how happy they are, by donating me money , I decided to pass that money to people who need it more than me. Friends of mine founded a charity project supporting children of the Shanzu Orphans Home in Kenya to give them a chance for a better life. They spend their complete holiday time to travel there and bring the donated money directly to where the help is needed. If you want to know more about it you can find more information here http://www.soh-kenya.de. I hope that many of you feel as privileged as I am and support them by donating for the fun you have with PIN2DMD.

In the sense of sharing means caring

Lucky1

• Content Provider

Hello together.

I was thinking about the Header Board with 2x HUB75 and the User they don´t have the double output and maybe they want one.

So I created today a Layout for a Y-Hub75 board.

1 Input to 2 Outputs.

The price is also nice:

• PCB only = 2.00 USD
  • Headers (3x 16pin male) = 1.50 USD
  • Solder Service = 0.00 USD
  • Shipping inisde US = 2.50 USD (First class mail parcel)
  • International Shipping = 7.00 USD - maybe Rappelbox take care about the Users in the EU ?!

Total: 6.50  USD (inside US)

When anybody is interested in this Y-Board, feel free to wrote a comment.

When minimun 5 people sign up for it, I like to order a batch of 10 (or more) with the next Header Board order in January 2016.

The Dimension sheet is attached as PDF file. Feel free to download it.

All dimensions in the PDF are in mm.

RGB_DMD_sascha_HUB75 Y-Adapter.pdf

Dimensions:

45.70 mm = 1.799 inch

44.44 mm = 1.748 inch

Merry Christmas to all of you!

I've been away from pinball for a while and OH MAN is it good to be back and see this ... PLEASE Put me in for 1 F package.

I've been DYING to replace the LCD screen in my few year old cabinet (other dmd options were monochrome and expensive)  I might have to order an extra if you keep making them, just to have one on the shelf if I make another cabinet/get a dmd pin.

I'm working on trying to get all my components working. I received UncleSash components 2 days ago. I believe I've got the boards together correctly from UncleSash. I have no idea how where to connect the DMD to the boards from UncleSash.I mean I realize there's 2x 16 pin cables that connect to the LED boards (DMD). But each piece of the DMD (2 LED boards) has 2x 16 pin connectors. My guess is I need to connect to the ports that has HUB75B which matches UncleSash cable ports. Please confirm. Last thing I'm sure of is do I need to connect the power cable (it's a Y power cable) to the DMD. If I do need to connect the power cable, where do I connect the 2 red power leads and 2 ground leads to get power to the LED boards. I'm sure this is listed somewhere but I can't find the information. I don't want to blow the boards by not providing the correct connections. Could someone share how the power is connected to the LED boards and whether I'm correct on the connection of the 16 pin ribbons to the LED board HUB75B port? If you can provide any pics of the power connection that would help me greatly. Thanks everyone for such an impressive group.

Dave

Archived