Pin2Dmd Order Thread - Worldwide

UncleSash

• Content Provider

RGB-DMD-Shield by UncleSash!
My first Layout for the V3 Shield is out.

The Name is new, but still 100% Hardware compatible to Lucky1's Pin2DMD Software.
With all new features, like UART, WiFi, onBoard menu buttons and the pinball dmd input signal enhancer.
And also with the GO-DMD-Clock features (but with a more accurate RTC DS3231)

Also useful to upgrade your old shield to the new Version.

Sneak peak:
175034dc1806ce3e03f55329120f47c8.jpg

When everything went well, it goes Monday in Production.
For a first batch of 10.

Any suggestions or wishes for the V3 Shield?!?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider
3 hours ago, martymoose69 said:

How much

I had no time to Quote it right now.

But I looked allready what the RTC and the ESP Costs.

Thats are the most expensive parts on the Shield.

Right now is my Goal to sell the Shield cheaper as the rev 2.0 (V-Pin only, without WiFi).

And to make some discounts possible for BIG Orders (2 or more complete Sets, with or without Controllers, because I am not able to get the Controller cheaper)

I try to get the price for a COMPLETE (RTC, WIFI, MAX232) Shield with GO-DMD Funtctions, between 55 and 70 Dollar (including Controller!!!) + Shipping!

But for the V-Pin ONLY Edition, I try to go under the OLD price. That means: 50.00 USD for a assembeld and tested V-Pin Shield (including Controller!!!) + Shipping!

All that depends on the Deals with my suppliers.

And the OLD rev 2.0 Shield s(I still have over 10 in Stock), are then on special offer.

The upcoming Weekend, is the Price calculation Weekend!

On Sunday evening is the new Pricelist online.

With Options for Upgrader, Sets with or without Controllers  and People who want to test my Hardware in real Pins.

• Content Provider

Even

15 hours ago, UncleSash said:

Any suggestions or wishes for the V3 Shield?!?

Even though I shouldn´t care about it, I do because you advertise your shield with my name and pin2dmd and I may be confronted with the trouble caused by the faults.

I see that you board looks totally different from the layout because you moved the parts around but almost all parts of my shield are at its place for a good reason.

1. Power screw terminal: I placed it as near to the panel plug as possible to make a short wire connection from the panel power plug to the shield.

2 Power source jumper: I removed it because the wifi chip draws a lot of power and I strongly advise to source the whole circuit from an external source.

3. Power plug: It is just for testing and doesnt need to be soldered with point 2.

4 Buttons: I placed them on the top to make them easy accessible when mounted in real pinball machines

5 DHT11: Your layout may be to tight to fit the DHT on the pcb.  It is also mounted horizontal in the latest layout of my V3 shield for better sensing and lower profile.

6 RTC: As far as I can see you are mounting the DS3231 in an upright position, which I would avoid if possible to make the shield as low as possible for better mounting in real pinball machines. BTW The DS3231 already also fits in my layout since it is much smaller than the DS1307 and has the same pinout. So it is up to the user which RTC to use. I used the DS1307 because I already got it. Make sure you install it with the battery to the top

7 Position of the STM32F4: I turned it around to make all important parts to be either accessible from the left or from the top for better service in real pinball machines plus I personally don´t like it when parts overlap the shield pcb for optical and mechanical reasons.

8. SD Card reader: Overlapping which makes it more vulnerable for mechanical damage.

9. Position of the ESP: I tried to avoid it to be placed over the panel pcb because of possible interference and wifi reflections from the panel pcb.

10. Position of the clock crystal. Make sure you place it as close to the pins as possible since it is a oscillator circuit. It may fail if wires are to long.

One last thing. The 100% pin2dmd compatible guarantee is given only by you and not approved by me or Steve.

• Content Provider
Even

Even though I shouldn´t care about it, I do because you advertise your shield with my name and pin2dmd and I may be confronted with the trouble caused by the faults.

I see that you board looks totally different from the layout because you moved the parts around but almost all parts of my shield are at its place for a good reason.

1. Power screw terminal: I placed it as near to the panel plug as possible to make a short wire connection from the panel power plug to the shield.

2 Power source jumper: I removed it because the wifi chip draws a lot of power and I strongly advise to source the whole circuit from an external source.

3. Power plug: It is just for testing and doesnt need to be soldered with point 2.

4 Buttons: I placed them on the top to make them easy accessible when mounted in real pinball machines

5 DHT11: Your layout may be to tight to fit the DHT on the pcb.  It is also mounted horizontal in the latest layout of my V3 shield for better sensing and lower profile.

6 RTC: As far as I can see you are mounting the DS3231 in an upright position, which I would avoid if possible to make the shield as low as possible for better mounting in real pinball machines. BTW The DS3231 already also fits in my layout since it is much smaller than the DS1307 and has the same pinout. So it is up to the user which RTC to use. I used the DS1307 because I already got it. Make sure you install it with the battery to the top

7 Position of the STM32F4: I turned it around to make all important parts to be either accessible from the left or from the top for better service in real pinball machines plus I personally don´t like it when parts overlap the shield pcb for optical and mechanical reasons.

8. SD Card reader: Overlapping which makes it more vulnerable for mechanical damage.

9. Position of the ESP: I tried to avoid it to be placed over the panel pcb because of possible interference and wifi reflections from the panel pcb.

10. Position of the clock crystal. Make sure you place it as close to the pins as possible since it is a oscillator circuit. It may fail if wires are to long.

One last thing. The 100% pin2dmd compatible guarantee is given only by you and not approved by me or Steve.

Thanks for your Tips.

My layout looks different, because it is build on my V2 and V1 Layout.
And the rest from the parts are there because they are close to there connection.

But the suggestion with the low profile is good. I will turn my parts.

And I remove the "100% compatible".
You still think the same about my Person and I don't want any more trouble. And that is Ok. I Understand your actual position.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Nice to see some development here work 

Together we learn more together

We are team players doing fixes making better designs

And hope what i bringing to this project

Myself helps you all guys and done the duel display p3.and p5 with one hub75 output next to put outputs to each rg1 and rgb2 panel no dasiy chan soon once i figured out wiring add transister to rgb out put from shield diodes from panels back to the stm discovery Impedance improvements

Paul

• Content Provider

Big Update!

UncleSash RGB-DMD Shield is done ( and in production, needs 2 weeks to be here) !

Also the V-Pin Service Button Shield is done! ( and also in production!)

YES YES YES! Pictures!!!

Of course....

V3 Shield with GO-DMD Functions: (just replace your Shield, to Upgrade to the latest Hadware!)

UncleSash RGB DMD Shield 3.1 - flyer.png

Pin2DMD is copyright by Lucky1, check Pin2DMD.com for activation and fees for Actual Firmware!

And the Service Button Shield:

V-Pin Service Button 1.0 - flyer.png

• Content Provider

BIG Update:

The Controllers, that comes with my Sets for the Pin2DMD, are again preloaded with the latest FW Version.
Lucky1 proved all the donation and I am happy that he supports a real nice "child chance" charity project in Germany.

I hope that we booth find some peace from now on and work more or less together with out any fights.

regards
Sascha

• Content Provider

V-Pin Service PCB is for sale now (9 pcs in stock).
Pricing is the following:

• PCB: 3.00 USD
  • Parts: 5.50 USD (includes all parts, also mercury switch)
  • Parts NO mercury switch: 4.60 USD
  • assembly service: 5.00 USD
  • PCB Standoffs: 2.00 USD
  • Shipping: depends on destination

just select what you need and send me a message.
Schematic is also available on request.

assembeld set: (in my case with scre terminals for the outputs UNDER the Shield, but you can place it where ever you want, just tell me where when you order the assembly service)
2016-10-01 20.16.26.jpg2016-10-01 20.16.33.jpg

and here the ready to Ship version: (with our PCB Stand offs)
2016-10-02 10.31.40.jpg2016-10-02 10.48.08.jpg

regards
Sascha

• Content Provider

Go-DMD Clock goes USA!

with my new RGB-DMD V3 Shield (before Pin2DMD shield) is it possible to use Steve45's amazing GO-DMD Software (check www.go-dmd.de for more information and registration/activation fee).

equipped at this time:

• DHT11 or DHt22 temprature and humidity Sensor (original is DHT11, but the more acurate DHT22 works also, I had one DHT22 in Stock and I just tried the DHT22 and it works very nice!
  • DS3231 RTC time module
  • P2.5 DMD 1/16 scan with HUB75 connector (128x32 pixel, like the DMD in a Pinball machine or V-Pin)
  • STM32F4VGT06 controller
  • V3 RGB-DMD Shield, with micro SD card reader, wifi, max232, 74ls123 (ready  to be used in a cab or V-Pin)

missing:

• IR sensor (still on shipping)
  • PIR sensor (still on shipping)
  • IR remote controller,

When everything is completly tested, it will be on sale here in my Pin2DMD Order Thread, but you need to activate this awesome project with a 10 Euro donation on the www.Go-DMD.de page

best regards
Sascha

Now enjoy 2 short Videos from my first Test run:

#1 with some basic animations (98% from Steve45 SD Card example)

#2 in self test mode, to see if the DHT22 Sensor works correct

• Content Provider

All right folks....

Small Update for the V3 Shield:

It is not available, because I wait for the IR-remote (comes from China, I got one expensive from the US to test it, same model but 3 times so expensive as the one that is on the way) and some other headers to connect the Sensors (comes from a big electornic seller in the USA, like the most parts on the board)

But here is a small priciing chart: (only the Shield, NO Controller included, Controller cost 25.50 USD)

1. 6,00 USD = V3 Shield - with out any parts -> PCB ONLY !!!! NO Controller included + shipping costs

2. 20,00 USD = V3 Shield - as Pin2DMD V-Pin / real Pin  ONLY Parts (inludes WiFi module and RS232 interface), NO Controller included + shipping costs

3. 30,00 USD = V3 Shield - as Pin2DMD V-Pin / real Pin  + soldered & tested (inludes WiFi module and RS232 interface), NO Controller included + shipping costs

4. 38.50 USD = V3 Shield - Go-DMD Edititon ( like as Pin2DMD edition + GO-DMD Sensors and IR remote) + soldered & tested (works also as Pin2DMD), NO Controller included + shipping costs

5. 55.50 USD = V3 Shield - as Pin2DMD V-Pin / real Pin inclusive Controller + soldered & tested (inludes WiFi module and RS232 interface) + shipping costs

6. 64.00 USD = V3 Shield - Go-DMD Edititon inclusive Controller + shipping costs

All ok, looks expensive. But that is the best price that I can get. (compare it to the GGS shop, my FORUM Order is much cheaper)

I will upload a BOM as PDF file in the next days.

And when all parts are here, I will upload some pictures, update the start page and reduce the price for the "old" V2 Shield.

Go-DMD Edition - just PreOrder at this time

Pin2DMD Edition - available

And it is possible to upgrade the V3 Shield Pin2DMD Edition to the ultimate Go-DMD Edition, just solder the missing parts onto the Shield and upgrade the Firmware.

At this time, I have 8 PCB's from the V3 Shield on my Hand. But I am willing to Order 20 more, when we find enough User who wants the new Shield.

best regards

Sascha

• Content Provider

Pin2DMD V2 Shield on Sale!!!
Up to 30% Discount !!!!

check my Offers...

Offer Set1:
Complete rev 2 Shield with Controller and latest FW (OpenSource FW on request)
NEW Price: 42.00 USD + Shipping (20% discount, thats are 10 USD less than regular)
Set 1 - offer.jpg

Offer Set2:
rev 2 Shield complete assembeld and tested (NO Controller)
NEW Price: 16.50 USD + shipping (24% discount, still 10 USD off!!!)
Set 2 - offer.jpg

Offer Set3:
rev 2.0 Shield with all parts, DIY soldering
NEW Price: 11.50 USD + shipping (30% discount, 5.00 USD off!!!)
Set 3 - offer.jpg

• Content Provider

Hey folks,

I added the
SET #5: 26.50USD = V3 Shield GO-DMD basic Shield (NO wifi, NO rs232, NO real Pinball input) with all GO-DMD Sensors and IR remote (possibel to solder the missing parts by yourself to get a Pin2DMD Version!!!) + soldered & tested 
Version to my Order list.

It is a BASIC Version. with just the comp, that are needed to get the GO-DMD clock running!

• 3 weeks later...

Sash, 

I hope you are all ok? I have messaged you a couple times in the past 2 weeks and not heard back. :-(   I hope you are well.

B.

EDIT: Nov 7, 2016
Heard back from Sash, Sent payment. Looking forward to getting this put together when all the parts arrive.

EDIT: Dec 2016

received the Sheilds/Controller from UncleSash, LED panels  and also a power supply from China.  Everything works great :)   thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

V2 Sets are sold out.
I may order another Badge of 10 or 20 pcbs, when we reach min. 5 pcs in preorder.

I still have 2 V3 pcbs, but I don't make any new ones

For a GoDMD, I think to make something with Steves VET6 (half of the costs) idea.
But that is still in beta test.

23 hours ago, UncleSash said:

V2 Sets are sold out.
I may order another Badge of 10 or 20 pcbs, when we reach min. 5 pcs in preorder.

I still have 2 V3 pcbs, but I don't make any new ones

For a GoDMD, I think to make something with Steves VET6 (half of the costs) idea.
But that is still in beta test.

Looking forward to see what you come up with in regards to the GoDMD project. :) 
If you're not busy enough, maybe you should look at producing the Pinscape Boards. Would be nice to have someone in Nth America making them too :);)

• Content Provider
 Looking forward to see what you come up with in regards to the GoDMD project. [emoji4] 
If you're not busy enough, maybe you should look at producing the Pinscape Boards. Would be nice to have someone in Nth America making them too [emoji4][emoji6]

I can take care about the Pinscape PCBs.
But first I have to solder my Pinscape... I have the power, main and chime board in my Hands (from the first badge), but no time to Solder them.

Give me a couple more weeks. Right now I am extremely busy with my real job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
5 hours ago, bent98 said:

UncleSash,

I need a board right away. Please pm me.

Thanks

Hey Buddy.

All V3 and V2 Shield from 2016 are sold out.

I work on a updated V3 Shield (because of some leaks in my 1st V3 Design).
But I don't Order them before the 2nd Week in 2017!

Sorry.

OK gentleman, I have 2 of the V2 setups, one that works with or without a sdcard in the reader, the other doesn't, whether. I would like to activate the one that works, #39004F00085152  Who or where does the donation goto to get the activation code. 

As I said I have one thats not displaying the demo/number for activation/website. When I try to update the FW as suggested by a member, I get no ST-Link device detected. Please connect it and try again. Using the newest St=Link 007 Utility.

When I have the Mini USB plugged in it shows up as a harddrive Dis_F407VG and when you click on it, 2 files appear, details.txt and MBED.HTM. I believe when I plug in the microUSB, under Universal Serial Bus devices I get PIN2DMD and ST-Link Debug. Under Disk Drives, MBED microcontroller USB Device. Tried using Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate. But what gets me is, the one that seems to be working as it should is showing me the same error, No ST-Link device detected. Any ideas gentlemen. The problem with the detection maynot fall under this forum, if not please feel free to move it to where it should be

• Content Provider
OK gentleman, I have 2 of the V2 setups, one that works with or without a sdcard in the reader, the other doesn't, whether. I would like to activate the one that works, #39004F00085152  Who or where does the donation goto to get the activation code. 

As I said I have one thats not displaying the demo/number for activation/website. When I try to update the FW as suggested by a member, I get no ST-Link device detected. Please connect it and try again. Using the newest St=Link 007 Utility.

When I have the Mini USB plugged in it shows up as a harddrive Dis_F407VG and when you click on it, 2 files appear, details.txt and MBED.HTM. I believe when I plug in the microUSB, under Universal Serial Bus devices I get PIN2DMD and ST-Link Debug. Under Disk Drives, MBED microcontroller USB Device. Tried using Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate. But what gets me is, the one that seems to be working as it should is showing me the same error, No ST-Link device detected. Any ideas gentlemen. The problem with the detection maynot fall under this forum, if not please feel free to move it to where it should be

For activation go to:
Www.pin2dmd.com

To update the FW:
Where do you get the Stm controller?
Did you bought them from me?
When it's a new stm board, update the st link fw and then upload the firmware.

St link fw:
http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/development-tool-software/stsw-link007.html

To update the FW:
Follow the steps on pin2dmd.com or contact Lucky1!

Yes I got everything from you July 6,2016 @ $119US. As you can see in the previous post I have already tried ST-Link 007. The note that came with the 2 units said that the newest firmware was on them that all I needed to was activate them. I though I already had activated them but upon looking at my PayPal account It doesn't appear so. 

Also, I believe doing the donation at www.pin2dmd.com PayPal is in German. Although I am of German birth, I can;t read or speak it. Is there an English version?

Archived