Vp Crashes Most Tables

devorian1

Hi everyone,

just a quick one I've installed a few tables and from that there is just a hand full that actually work?

FS Centaur - VP9 - FS - 20Nov2009 - LH and Gorgar.UW.FS.V1.1 being two that work just fine.

Everything else will either just crash or if ran as administrator with VPinball991.exe will load the file but crash when you try and play the table.

Any ideas?

Hi everyone,

just a quick one I've installed a few tables and from that there is just a hand full that actually work?

FS Centaur - VP9 - FS - 20Nov2009 - LH and Gorgar.UW.FS.V1.1 being two that work just fine.

Everything else will either just crash or if ran as administrator with VPinball991.exe will load the file but crash when you try and play the table.

Any ideas?

You have to download all of the extra .exe's from VP. Like .exe 920 or .exe physmod5 and so on, for instance if you have 990 on your machine, just take the 920 .exe and put it in your Visual Pinball folder with the 990 .exe, then just make shortcuts to all of the VP .exe's on your desktop. I have 990, 920 and physmod 5 on my desktop, those 3 .exe's run all 48 tables that I have on my pc, depending on which one I need to load a table. So if you download a table and it says physmod, the table will only run with the physmod5 .exe and the others will say (9.9.something). The lower number tables like 9.1.6 or others will run on 9.2.0 just fine. To add, some tables you need to change the script or they won't run. You also have to change the script to rotate the DMD, you even have to go into the ROM's sometimes to get the tables to take credits or change the table volume, like the Flintstones has low volume but can be turned up in the ROM, if you don't know this the ROM will have low audio and you will think that the ROM is messed up, but it's not. Some tables won't load because the person who made the table has set the script to B2S server controller so you have to change it to the VPinMAME.Controller. Sometimes you need to change a #value at the top of the script for the controller you want to use, once you do these things a few times you get use to what to look for, like I said before adding a script line to rotate the DMD. Some scripts you need to comment a line for the controller and uncomment the other line and all ROM's don't work the same, like the keys you use to enter the ROM's menus. VP tables are tricky but 99% of the tables work just fine if you know what you are doing.

The first link is to the .exe's and the second link is to download physmod5,

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8792

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27416&hl=physics

You need the second download of SAM to run Stern tables, (link below)

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sampindmd-1-and-2unity-unified-version/

Later, if you have any issues let me know!

Play more pinball

Here are the tables and versions that I play and have found are the best IMO.

Add: Star_Wars_VP9_1.0FS, this is another great table, I don't know how I missed it over the years. I just downloaded it today.

Theatre of Magic is TOM, Johnny Mnemonic is JM and World Poker Tour™ by Stern is WPT on the list.

post-9384-0-83129100-1445676843_thumb.jpg

post-9384-0-20653300-1445676852_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes:  Vp works, but its a real pain to get them to play. VpForums has a TAB called Getting Started you will notice that VpinMame has folders called sounds and script. Download the sound and script FROM the GETTING STARTED tab, but leave them compressed in a RAR. and place them in the folder on your computer. All the games should work. The ones that don't press F3 and find the options key. Turn off test at start up off. If you are using a gamepad you should also set up keyboard buttons for coin and start.  Oh, and then you need to put zipped roms into your PinMame.  :angry:  let me see am I leaving anything out.  :(  it sucks.

Its a pain. Future pinball is easier.  :angry:  good luck to you.

Archived