Table Files Packaged In Templated Folder Structure For Easy Download...

Wanted to start a new topic to discus the premise of saving all files for each table into a structured template folder structure.

I am new to all this having a cabinet with screen, backglass and dmd.

I find it very strange that so many people have to put in the same bunch of effort to get table/s working, sometimes with issues or needing to rename files and/or edit scripts.

I have created an empty folder structure matching all of the many hard drive locations that you have to copy all of the various files to.

When I go to add a new table I duplicate the template folder structure as the TABLE_NAME and copy each of the various files that are often located on a total of three web sites to each of the folders that the files would need to be placed "not in the actual location, but the same duplicate structure under the table name".

Then once I have all of the files i simply copy the contents to the location that I have all of my software installed to (i describe it this was as some people change the default location, for example something like c:\pinball\).

I also make a text file so I can copy and paste from it for xml or script etc for files that need to be appended to file.

My point / idea is that once one person has done this then the entire folder structure raw or zipped could then be uploaded and then downloaded by a member = copy paste, merge files, new table works.

Over time each table could be added to for all setups.

*everyone has tones of hdd space so pasting in a DMD or frontend that you may not need really does not matter.

There are many smart people on this forum and I could see over time a process that could even cater for all software versions and hardware setups.

Is anyone interested in the concept ?

Does anyone have ideas or suggestions regarding this...

Archived