New To Setting Up Dof And Cant Get B2S Settings Menu To Come Up

arcadepcnut

Hello everyone. got the hardware part 80% setup and was working on the software side.

I have inputs 1 2 and 3 for  R G B one beacon  and 4 5 6 for R G B other beacon.

I guess beacons are what you would call domes on the top of the machine.

I have a 2 clear lens and two  R G B Cree under each.

Well they light up with LEDblinky so I think I have the LED wiz hooked up correctly.

But the DOF instuctions say to right click or press "S" on b2s backglass to get settings menu to come up. I have tried 5 different B2S tabled and have unblocked the B2S dlls. and installed the B2S server 1.3.0.1 into the tables folder. only think I can think of is my tables might be using my older B2S server files? The "S" and "s" and right click and no matter what I try the menu wont come up so I cant enable the directinput. so I cant get past this point to keep configuring stuff.

Second question is in the online DOF config tool. there is only one Beacon. So do I put beacon for  inputs 1-6 into my config file or there something better to use than "beacon" for these? .....I already have 5 playfield lights so I don't want to assign them RGB playfield left and playfield right unless you think that would look better and be more compatible with more tables.

Last question. does the DOF tool only work with b2S tables? I have a lot of tables....transformers, tron, xmen, etc that are new...but not B2S tables. after I get this configured will they light up and trigger contactors when bumpers are hit etc?

Thanks for helping me out. Cant figure out why the b2s menu wont load so I'm dead in the water.

ok I'm officially an idiot. All this time I thought I was using B2S since I was downloading B2S tables.

However even though the table was called B2S and came with a B2s .exe file apparently it was not really B2s enabled?

I looked and controller was Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller"

Changed per your instructions to Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server") got a few errors but worked through them.

This opens up a couple new questions that maybe you can answer since you have been so helpful so far. lets use the table Funhouse as an example

I downloaded some time back Funhouse_Fs_B2S

files inside are funhouse_FS_B2S.vpt and Funhouse_FS_b2s.exe  the EXE is the backglass that I thought was B2S.

Well now that I downloaded Funhouse2scr.directb2s file from here I now have a real B2S backglass.

However Funhouse is now launching BOTH backglasses. this will be a hit. how do I stop it from loaded two "active" backglasses?

Second How does the funhouse table know to load funhouse2scr.directb2s? I don't see that name anywhere in the table!

Third Do I need to now go into ALL my tables (100 tables) and add Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server") to get DOF to work and to activate my LEDs and my contactors for kickers and bumpers?

Please help me one last time :)

ok I'm officially an idiot. All this time I thought I was using B2S since I was downloading B2S tables.

However even though the table was called B2S and came with a B2s .exe file apparently it was not really B2s enabled?

I looked and controller was Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller"

Changed per your instructions to Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server") got a few errors but worked through them.

This opens up a couple new questions that maybe you can answer since you have been so helpful so far. lets use the table Funhouse as an example

I downloaded some time back Funhouse_Fs_B2S

files inside are funhouse_FS_B2S.vpt and Funhouse_FS_b2s.exe  the EXE is the backglass that I thought was B2S.

Well now that I downloaded Funhouse2scr.directb2s file from here I now have a real B2S backglass.

However Funhouse is now launching BOTH backglasses. this will be a hit. how do I stop it from loaded two "active" backglasses?

Second How does the funhouse table know to load funhouse2scr.directb2s? I don't see that name anywhere in the table!

Third Do I need to now go into ALL my tables (100 tables) and add Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server") to get DOF to work and to activate my LEDs and my contactors for kickers and bumpers?

Please help me one last time :)

Try these

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3005

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7458

------------------

Make sure the name of the table and the name of the back glass are exactly the same that's how it knows which one to load otherwise it's guessing...

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")   ---< YES to eack table  Maybe

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32383#entry318484

Archived