Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of you who are interested, I'm going to organize a group buy for this great toy. It will include different variations, only dmd, pcb and dmd, etc [emoji6]

I'm going to sort things out asap. Shipping within eu is no problem, for US please wait, I'll tell you more.

Greets,

Dom

Sent from my Buschbongo using Patschehändes

• Content Provider

Which Win Version do you habe?

You found the drivers?

When not, i have all here.

I'm having problems installing the Stm32 Virtual Com port driver, can't seem to find any drivers for it :(

regarding the 16 pin connector, Does the red wire indicate port 1?

The reason is that you get 160x160 panels for the price which consist of two 80x160 panels in one frame.

You can remove the pcb from the frame by unscrewing and put them side by side in a self-made frame or by cutting the frame in two. You can also order the PCB from china for 60$ for 10 pcs incl. shipping to the US. I have a contact in alabama who already did this.

http://de.aliexpress.com/item/P2-5-Indoor-full-color-LED-module-1-16-scan-SMD-2121-3in1-RGB-160-80mm/32475082626.html?adminSeq=220102268&shopNumber=

462419.jpg

This is the EXACT same display russdx is using for his "commercial" version for $300 qty 1. I purchased three of these(enough for 3 DMD panels) @$49.59 a unit. Total $168.14 shipped for qty 3 so should be able to build three complete "kits" with PCB and cables for less then price of just one of russdx's models and its the same display. Thank you to everyone keeping this a great hobby. May even attempt to install one in my real pins!

• Content Provider

OK.

I made a Folder in my DropBox with all teh Driver Stuff.

Hopefully with everythin in it.

Just read the "how to Install the Driver.txt"

Please give me a short feedback if the HOW To is correc.

When you find any Failures let me know and i change the TXT file.

here is the DropBox Link: (i work on the pictures for the Cable PinOut!)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vru9832oddqnc2i/AACWAP7VYhH3njbEYal43kgra?dl=0

best regards from the US

And to everboy else, how is not ON my PreOrder list: don´t forget to order the wonderfull nice BreackOut Board!

10 pcs are still there, toget ordered for a really FAIR price!

• Content Provider

I'm having problems installing the Stm32 Virtual Com port driver, can't seem to find any drivers for it :(

regarding the 16 pin connector, Does the red wire indicate port 1?

You don´t need the vcom drivers with my firmware. The libusb driver you need is on github.

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/usb_driver

• Content Provider

You don´t need the vcom drivers with my firmware. The libusb driver you need is on github.

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/usb_driver

OK.

TXT file is updated.

When someone else need help... or find some issues... let me know.

When you work so much with a lot of microcontrollern, i forget sometimes some small steps.

Thanks to UncleSash I know have working drivers, but I can't get the displays to light up.. something must be wrong with my wiring

Update: I now have the Pin2DMD Logo showing, but when I try to test a rom the DMD won't appear on the Led display.

post-6907-0-55895600-1446406022_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

Small Update:

1st round is ALL gone... some new are in plan... just read my post on page 11!

On my preorder list is: (status from 11-01-2015)

1. Mameman  with 1x PCB Board, 1 US Shipping
  2. CarnyPriest with 1x PCB Board, 1Header set, 1x soldering service + 1 SPI SD Card module, 1 US Shipping
  3. Randr with 3x PCB Board, 3Header set, 3x soldering service + 1 SPI SD Card module, 1 US Shipping
  4. boiydiego with 2x PCB, 2x Header set, 2x solderig service, 1 EU shipping
  5. gStAv with 6x PCB, 6Header set, 6x soldering service + 6 SPI SD Card module, 1x EU shipping
  6. gtxjoe with 1x PCB, 1x Header set, 1x soldering service, + 1 SPI SD Card module,, 1 US Shipping
  7. dub with 1x PCB, 1 Header set, 1 SPI SD Card module, 1 EU shipping
  8. scrappy555 1x PCB Board, 1Header set, 1x soldering service + 1 SPI SD Card module, 1 US Shipping
  9. Stefan with 1x PCB, 1x Header set, 1x solderig service, + 1 SPI SD Card module, 1 EU shipping
  10. fly with 1x PCB, 1x Header set, 1x solderig service, 1 EU shipping

aviable: (11-2-2015 5:08 PM)

0 pcs PCB

X pcs SPI SD Card Modules (i ordered some more today)

When anybody feels wrong with the preorder list, just let me know in a private message!

Update: 11-02-2015

PCB Boards are produced, just have to wait for shipping.

See attachement for Details!

post-9192-0-74079900-1446462496_thumb.jpg

Looks good, some small issues in the Silkscreen, but it was my fault and not needed for the function.

It´s allready fixed in my layout and comes on the PCB in rev 1.2... (next order).

best regards from Alabama

for some reason:

Payment:

How:  only with PayPal

When: when the PCBs are here and tested (hopefully week 47!)

But i send every Person a personal message with a payment request.

• Content Provider

Thanks to UncleSash I know have working drivers, but I can't get the displays to light up.. something must be wrong with my wiring

Update: I now have the Pin2DMD Logo showing, but when I try to test a rom the DMD won't appear on the Led display.

attachicon.gif20151101_200610.jpg

Did you activate the pindmd in your pinmame options (F1) ?

• Content Provider

Did you activate the pindmd in your pinmame options (F1) ?

He has no Communicatio at all....

The Drivers shows up correct in the Device Manager.

But nothing happens when he start a rom or try to change the Color with your PIN2DMD tool.

any ideas?

He has TeamViewer installed. So he is able for remote service...

I tryed it, but without any result.

Hope that you have any idea.

Archived