Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

And be sure that you have a proper ground connection!

Also from the DMD to the Pin2DMD shield.

I found out on my DMD, when there is an extra wire from one of the GND connections from the shield, to the GND from the PowerSupply for the DMD

• Content Provider

I did't have all required files from the pin2dmd github. Working fine now except for the ghosting...

IMG_0183.jpg

Sorry for the german link..

Look on post #300

The attached pictures shows the fix itself!

2K2 or 1K SMD resistor from the IC pin to ground!

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=160762&page=20

-Sascha

• Content Provider

I do the same.

But my glitching gets better after I checked the grounding and connect the shield ground to the ground from the Display.

I have SMD resistor here but I don't tried it, because of the to tiny reason.

Hello,

I discover Pin2DMD today. Great job !

But I did not understand all, so I have some questions.

For real pinball, if I want to replace the plasma DMD, do I need a computer and vp rom image to play ?

To colorise the DMD, do I have to color each pictures (or keyframes) with Pin2DMD Editor ?

For a single picture ,Is there more color possibility than 4 for Bally/Williams games ?

In Pin2DMD Editor, how to get a dump file ?

And I saw the different needs (the panel, the STM32F4, Power supply,sd card, cables...) but were can I have the Pin2DMD board ?

Do you have reference example for the power supply ?

Thanks

Alex

• Content Provider

Hey Alex.

Depending on your location...

Outside the EU check my Order Thread.

There you find all parts and reference links in the very first post.

Inside the EU, check also my Order Thread and follow the LINK to Rappelbox EU Order thread!

Link to my Thread is below in my signature.

Or for the most Hardware questions! Just send me a PM.

I will answer it or forward you to the right person.

- Sascha

What files do I need to put on the SD card in order to colorize the DMD on my getaway?

I've loaded the latest firmware. When I power the unit I get the pin2dmd splash screen but it just sticks there. I've been searching for a few days trying to get it to work and can't find directions for this.

Thanks in advance.

• Content Provider

What files do I need to put on the SD card in order to colorize the DMD on my getaway?

I've loaded the latest firmware. When I power the unit I get the pin2dmd splash screen but it just sticks there. I've been searching for a few days trying to get it to work and can't find directions for this.

Thanks in advance.

You have to use your license KEY matching to the Number on the DMD under the Pin2DMD logo.

When you don't have a valid KEY file, contact Lucky1.

-Sascha

• Content Provider

Copy the license key in your Pin2DMD tool folder

Connect the controller with the microUSB cable to your PC.

Install driver when needed.

Start the Pin2DMD.exe

The tool looks for a matching key file.

And unlock the FW!

So I've tried both a 8GB and 32GB card and neither is detected. I have a V2.0 shield. The SD card fits super loose. Does anyone else have that issue? I might pull it apart and test the continuity on the connections now that you guys say that you have no issue with your SD cards.

So I've tried both a 8GB and 32GB card and neither is detected. I have a V2.0 shield. The SD card fits super loose. Does anyone else have that issue? I might pull it apart and test the continuity on the connections now that you guys say that you have no issue with your SD cards.

Press it in until it snaps. It should snap in, then press and release to snap it out. Keep in mind, the SD card should go in upside down. (Exposed connectors on SD card facing up, away from sheild PCB.)

Press it in until it snaps. It should snap in, then press and release to snap it out. Keep in mind, the SD card should go in upside down. (Exposed connectors on SD card facing up, away from sheild PCB.)

Got it - I was sliding it in. It works perfect now! Thanks. Now to figure out how to colorize.

• 3 weeks later...

The same here...

i ordered one kit from rappelbox.. Rgb

and one kit from angela.. Grb

solved for the color by swapping cables.. but still got the bad lines...

Same here grb and the bad lines but if i change 1 panel with a another panel from a other set(rgb) the badlines are gone but there a colour difference.

Which cables you switch?

Archived