Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

ha ok, I try later :)

Edit : Yeah it's work now :D Thanks

/i for change the image, it's work with the command CMD.exe ? 

yes sir.

easy tip to open the command line from explorer:

go back to the "vc++" folder -> press "SHIFT" and right click on the "binary folder" -> then click in dropdown menu on "open command window here".

I´m not sure about the correct word for the command line in english, but I think it is still correct, I use a german windows.

reference:

http://mingersoft.com/blog/2011/02/open-a-command-prompt-quickly-in-windows-7/

And then you have the command line open in the "BINARY" folder.

• Content Provider

May be Lucky1 upload the DLL file to the GitHub files please.

Thank you

Done

May be for the next time a small wish.... :huh:

Read the Data from the SD Card when you start the VC++ Pin2DMD Config tool, to get the actual Data into the Tool.

Will see what I can do, but want to test video streaming before that.

• Content Provider

Cables arrived from China last week. One of the data cables was about 1m in length. That seems to be too long. I'm getting an incomplete signal. The other data cable is just a few inches long. I still have a working cable from the botched order, so at least I have everything I need now. 

016resize.jpg

Ready to proceed!

Hello friend and welcome.

You were close, that's Angela. She is one of the best seller of good quality panels. I think you get a better deal just buying this: http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/P2-5-Indoor-full-color-LED-module-1-16-scan-SMD-2121-3in1-RGB-160-80mm/1959580_32475082626.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_80%2Csearchweb201644_5%2Csearchweb201560_6

It's from the same seller as your link, but that is a better offer. Just order one because it's 2 of those you linked.

Is there a link to the english site?

• Content Provider

A buddy and myself ordered 2 panels from Angela Wang and got our order today.  One of the panels had a pixel broken off.  The other had obviously been refurbished.  You can see that there were broken off pixels but they had lengths of thin wires soldered to them where they had been repaired and then pushed back into place.  Not happy about it, but they will be good enough for testing.  We are trying to get either a refund or replacements.  I realize they are from China, but that can't be acceptable.

Dan

A buddy and myself ordered 2 panels from Angela Wang and got our order today.  One of the panels had a pixel broken off.  The other had obviously been refurbished.  You can see that there were broken off pixels but they had lengths of thin wires soldered to them where they had been repaired and then pushed back into place.  Not happy about it, but they will be good enough for testing.  We are trying to get either a refund or replacements.  I realize they are from China, but that can't be acceptable.

Dan

"Everything is from China", but I agree it doesn't need to be like that, so ask her for a refund or a replacement. Keep us posted! and good luck.

• Content Provider

After many attempts, works for me 512mb card, I recorded by the editor "go-DMD" file.dat, but when you start playing the colors do not change  :/

The files needs to be named palettes.dat on the SD Card. If you have any problems please attach the XML and the .dat file in your postings and

upload the recording as zip file either here or on dropbox.

Regards

Lucky1

The files needs to be named palettes.dat on the SD Card. If you have any problems please attach the XML and the .dat file in your postings and

upload the recording as zip file either here or on dropbox.

Regards

Lucky1

Ok,

Thanks  :)

Feel like a doofus asking this. In the firmware I see a reference...

if(UB_Fatfs_OpenFile(&myFile, "0:/pin2dmd.dat", F_RD)==FATFS_OK) {

But I cannot figure out how to get this Dat file onto the SD card. We are having an issue in windows running pin2dmd.exe; is this tool needed to make the Dat file?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edit, don't have the file, not that I can't copy it. Clarifying that. Btw, this is for a real pinball.

• Content Provider

Feel like a doofus asking this. In the firmware I see a reference...

if(UB_Fatfs_OpenFile(&myFile, "0:/pin2dmd.dat", F_RD)==FATFS_OK) {

But I cannot figure out how to get this Dat file onto the SD card. We are having an issue in windows running pin2dmd.exe; is this tool needed to make the Dat file?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edit, don't have the file, not that I can't copy it. Clarifying that. Btw, this is for a real pinball.

So far I understand the Software correct.

The Pin2DMD Tool creates this file on the SD Card.

Use a USB 2.0 port.

Is the "red" LED "OFF" on the controller?

When NO, then is the FIRMWARE not able to read the card (or the card is not correct in the slot / formated).

When YES (red led off), the firmware is able to read the SD Card.

Which Pin2DMD Tool do you use?

The one in the "tools/VC++/binary" Folder is the latest version.

UNBLOCK all of the DLL files and the Pin2DMD excutable for Windows.

1. Right click on the file, and click on Properties.

2. Under the General tab, click/ on the Unblock button, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: If you do not see an Unblock button, then the file has already been unblocked.

113484d1289590705-open-file-security-war

reference is from here: (option 1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/124367-open-file-security-warning-unblock-file.html

• Content Provider

With the SD Card, does there need to be a palette.dat file of some sort already on the card in order to pass the check (red LED off)? I'm running a SanDisk 1Gb that I pulled from my old Blackberry and reformatted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

With the SD Card, does there need to be a palette.dat file of some sort already on the card in order to pass the check (red LED off)? I'm running a SanDisk 1Gb that I pulled from my old Blackberry and reformatted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is NO need of any file on the SD Card to shut the red Led off.

Just place the SD Card into the reader (pray) and see if it works.

With futher information for the Pallet.dat, how to create it, how to load it on the SD Card, you need Lucky1 or Steve45.

Steve45 and Lucky1 (in Germany, time shift to from USA EST is + 6 hours, 1am EST -> 7am in Germany) are working with the real Cabs.

I´m sure, so far Lucky1 is up, he will answer your question with the Pallet.dat file.

Archived