Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Content Provider

I have set my colors to a value of 0 128 192 255 of green and the red and blue set to 0

and it worked without a problem. You must have entered a color combination which

triggers the smartdmd detection by mistake. thats why I asked for the color values

you set and the led status, to verify that. This has nothing to do with the SD card.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't looked into what all is involved when it comes to the roms for this...  But I am already working on creating a download section for Pin2DMD files and documentation already. Anyone see an issue with us hosting the color patched roms?

Can't wait for a official download section with instructions and files. :)

• Content Provider

Thanks master!

I will check back with the values asap. Thanks again for the support.

Not with my cab atm but I took a snap attatched here where the pixels didn't line up as they should with the default pallet

/Gustav

That indicates that you have a random detection of SmartDMD mechanism, because it copies the following 8 pixel into the first 8 to hide them.

Normall these pixel should all be off, which means you either have modified the source code or you have overwritten the default values by using the

the pin2dmd.exe with the wrong option. What did you do before this happened ? Please update your firmware to the latest binary from github.

Hehe! What is smartDMD? :D

I have not modified the source and also have the latest FW from yesterday flashed. :(

Also have not yet used the pin2dmd.exe the only change done is opend the setup for vpinmame and

check the use pallete check box and changed the 3 colors there to different greens :P

I update and play som more again and see if I find any settings trigger this smartDMD

Heres the first pic of the standard colors in vpinmame which dosen't kick.

You have to check the Colorize DMD box

The second is when this is done and which colors is selected.

Again, only setup.exe for VPinMAME is used.

VPINMAME_setting.jpg

I hate to ask this but I'm new to vpinball. I'm building my first cabinet now. I do have experience with arcade emulation but not vpinball. Could some one confirm that I need to order two LED RGB parts from the following link - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/P2-5-Indoor-full-color-LED-module-1-16-scan-SMD-2121-3in1-RGB-160-80mm/32512377141.html? I believe this is correct. But I've seen some issues where people were getting the wrong displays. 

Excellent work to all those involved. I've been wanting to a cabinet for sometime. Just now have the time and resource to spend on the project. I wanted it to include a DMD but some of the all in ones are really expensive for just one component when I need all the components. 

Thanks.

I hate to ask this but I'm new to vpinball. I'm building my first cabinet now. I do have experience with arcade emulation but not vpinball. Could some one confirm that I need to order two LED RGB parts from the following link - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/P2-5-Indoor-full-color-LED-module-1-16-scan-SMD-2121-3in1-RGB-160-80mm/32512377141.html? I believe this is correct. But I've seen some issues where people were getting the wrong displays. 

Excellent work to all those involved. I've been wanting to a cabinet for sometime. Just now have the time and resource to spend on the project. I wanted it to include a DMD but some of the all in ones are really expensive for just one component when I need all the components. 

Thanks.

Hello friend and welcome.

You were close, that's Angela. She is one of the best seller of good quality panels. I think you get a better deal just buying this: http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/P2-5-Indoor-full-color-LED-module-1-16-scan-SMD-2121-3in1-RGB-160-80mm/1959580_32475082626.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_80%2Csearchweb201644_5%2Csearchweb201560_6

It's from the same seller as your link, but that is a better offer. Just order one because it's 2 of those you linked.

• Content Provider

You were close, that's Angela. She is one of the best seller of good quality panels. I think you get a better deal just buying this: http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/P2-5-Indoor-full-color-LED-module-1-16-scan-SMD-2121-3in1-RGB-160-80mm/1959580_32475082626.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_80%2Csearchweb201644_5%2Csearchweb201560_6

It's from the same seller as your link, but that is a better offer. Just order one because it's 2 of those you linked.

I use the same!

It is a good deal!

• Administrators

It's cool that this one actually has Pin2DMD in the product name/description.

• Content Provider

Is the problem still there when you set the colors like that ?

We still have the possibility to change the key to something which doesn´t trigger

by mistake. It is already implemented.

I still have the same Problem

I used to run it only in red.

With your shades.

100% = 255

66 % = 192

33 % = 128

0% / off = r/g/b 0

but still the same.

May be it comes from the SAM VPinMame Version.

Version 2.21 is used in this test.

And latest Pin2DMD FW from 12-02-2015.

I uploaded a small video.

Rom that is used: The X-Files 3.03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvSw0CyoBv4

• Content Provider

I still have the same Problem

I used to run it only in red.

With your shades.

100% = 255

66 % = 192

33 % = 128

0% / off = r/g/b 0

but still the same.

I can´t reproduce the problem, but the source is definitely that your smartdmd key is messed up.

I assume it is all set to zero. There is a default key stored in the firmware which can be overwritten

either bei pin2dmd.exe or the one stored in the config file on sd card.

Does the problem persist if you remove the sd card and reset the device before you start pinmame ?

just tried the red on AFM (Sash) and it works just fine for me

100% = 255

66 % = 192

33 % = 128

0% / off = r/g/b 0

Same but for the green on AFM (lucky1) also works,

gues mixing red/green/blue values per color is not that good then :D

tried that too, no strange colors or pixels in the upper left anymore :wub:

Must have entered a dangerous color code, or the newst FW makes it run perfect! weee !!:lol::lol:

Tomorrow I test X-Files too, and get back with the reults

It's cool that this one actually has Pin2DMD in the product name/description.

That's my handywork. Haha.

I told her pin2dmd-people were linking to her ad so she should try to keep it alive. :)

She then added pin2dmd in the ad and also a photo of one of her sets displaying pin2dmd.

• Content Provider

I can´t reproduce the problem, but the source is definitely that your smartdmd key is messed up.

I assume it is all set to zero. There is a default key stored in the firmware which can be overwritten

either bei pin2dmd.exe or the one stored in the config file on sd card.

Does the problem persist if you remove the sd card and reset the device before you start pinmame ?

Hey Lucky1.

I just tested the setup with out SD Card in the reader.

result: runs with out any issues

But with a SD Card (naked with NO Data OR with Pin2DMD config) in the Reader, I have the same problem again.

That the colors are messed up.

I use your code from GitHub.

Everytime before I Download the FW to the Controller, I run an extra "Flash Erase".

It is a very nice problem with the colors and make no sense to me.

Specially when the SD Card is in the reader with absolut NO Data on the Card!

regards

Sascha

• Content Provider

I just uploaded a new firmware and a new release of the vc++ version of pin2dmd.exe tool to github.

You can now adjust the brightness of the display and store the value on sd-card. It also has

the possibility to upload full color images using the /i option. File needs to be 128x32 pixels

and stored as binary ppm (P6). See sample images in the directory.

• Content Provider

I just uploaded a new firmware and a new release of the vc++ version of pin2dmd.exe tool to github.

You can now adjust the brightness of the display and store the value on sd-card. It also has

the possibility to upload full color images using the /i option. File needs to be 128x32 pixels

and stored as binary ppm (P6). See sample images in the directory.

:D  :) Awesome!  :rolleyes:  ;)

The new FW (12-04-2015) is the best at the moment!

• No flicker bits
  • NO SD Card "SmartDMD" Problems!
  • Brightness adjustment!
  • very nice config tool

I love you guys! :wub:

Great Job!

May be for the next time a small wish.... :huh:

Read the Data from the SD Card when you start the VC++ Pin2DMD Config tool, to get the actual Data into the Tool.

• Content Provider

for me the config tool not work? Miss one .DLL

well I had the same problem

here is the fix:

unzip the file directly into your "PIN2DMD-master\tools\vc++\Binary" folder.

and well.... that´s was it!

May be Lucky1 upload the DLL file to the GitHub files please.

Thank you

Edit:

All files are now on GitHub!

Archived