Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tried the board on a Stern Terminator 3 and the display seems to be shifted one pixel down and one pixel to the right.  It seems to be wrapping the bottom row to the top and the right column to the left.  Is this a known issue? 

I tried it on my FishTales on it worked fine.  I'm assuming it's because the WhiteStar drivers are still in beta?

Terminator 3

post-9845-0-37042900-1455246911_thumb.jpg

post-9845-0-40006700-1455246970_thumb.jpg

post-9845-0-11727800-1455246829_thumb.jpg

post-9845-0-93569300-1455246839_thumb.jpg

Here is Fish Tales:

post-9845-0-13180300-1455247035_thumb.jpg

post-9845-0-94066700-1455247037_thumb.jpg

post-9845-0-32641300-1455247047_thumb.jpg

I updated my pindmd board to the latest firmware and got the latest pin2dmd.exe and all the files checked in with pin2dmd.exe. Now when I run pin2dmd.exe it crashes right away and always says it crashes in libusb-1.0.dll, this is on a Windows 7 x64 machine which runs my pincab. What's funny is if I run the same pin2dmd.exe on my Windows 10 machine (not hooked to my pincab) it works (but says can't find pindmd). It appears its not driver related (or at least I think so), I tried using the zadig tool to change drivers and doesn't seem to matter what I pick (I did get it to blue screen win 7 several times though picking libusb driver and then launching pin2dmd.exe, reboot and it just crashes pin2dmd.exe). Anyone else get the latest pin2dmd to work on windows 7?

On a related note, why can I not see history for (https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD) more than 16 days back, is this some issue with github or the pin2md project on github? I would like to roll back to an older pin2md.exe but I don't think I can roll back anywhere past 1.22 (16 days ago).

• Administrators

Hey guys... it looks like the STM32F4 Discovery has been discontinued. Both Mouser and Digikey are saying they have been discontinued.  Are there any other boards that can be used?  

Looks like Digikey is listing the STM32F407G-DISC1 as a direct replacement.  Would this one work?

Could you check if there is another libusb-1.0.dll on your system. Maybe in the windows directory.. The one that is currently

officially ditributed as a binary has a bug using bulk transfer, which we do.

See https://github.com/libusb/libusb/issues/139

The DLL we have on github is a fixed version.

I searched my C:\ drive for libusb-1.0.dll, not found. It's definitely crashing in there.

1455648631.png

The version in the folder I run pin2dmd.exe from is that same dll version:

1455648808.png

I copied the new pindmd stuff over my old folder, maybe that is the issue?

• Content Provider

Sash do you know if the STM32F407G-DISC1 is a direct replacement? According to Digikey this is the new one.

I think so.

I saw the same on the ST site!

I looked just now to the tech specs.

And it looks the same for me.

So i´m going to Order a few from digi-key and test them and write a feedback here (I think on the upcoming weekend)

Try to use a clean copy of github and see if it works then

Finally got around to trying this. Wiped my folder and ran a clean copy of it exactly as from github. Still crashes pin2dmd.exe in libusb-1.0.dll.

I wish I had made a backup of things before I copied this over. Is there anyone who has the pin2dmd folder before it was switched to libusb? I have some friends coming over and was hoping to have the color dmd going.

• Content Provider

Finally got around to trying this. Wiped my folder and ran a clean copy of it exactly as from github. Still crashes pin2dmd.exe in libusb-1.0.dll.

I wish I had made a backup of things before I copied this over. Is there anyone who has the pin2dmd folder before it was switched to libusb? I have some friends coming over and was hoping to have the color dmd going.

The libusb driver was there from the beginning on.

But I still have an old Backup from GitHub.

How many weeks did you want to go back?

I think with Windows 7, the driver from the beginning must work.

Anyways, I will send you an Dropbox link with serval versions.

When this is not working, I can support your system over a remote desktop to help you to find the problem. Just in case.

The libusb driver was there from the beginning on.

But I still have an old Backup from GitHub.

How many weeks did you want to go back?

I think with Windows 7, the driver from the beginning must work.

Anyways, I will send you an Dropbox link with serval versions.

When this is not working, I can support your system over a remote desktop to help you to find the problem. Just in case.

Lets try the dropbox first, see if going back works. Before I upgraded I was using the version before we switched to libusb-1.0, say about January 10-15.

• Content Provider

Lets try the dropbox first, see if going back works. Before I upgraded I was using the version before we switched to libusb-1.0, say about January 10-15.

Ok.

Give me a little bit time.

I'm at work right now.

You will get the link in the next 3 hours

• Content Provider

You mat tray to delete / replace the specific libUSB*.dll files in the Windows 7 folders.

I looked it up for you.

When you use Windows 7 64Bit,it must be in the same folders.

System-Folders with libusb*.dll :

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\pin2dmd.inf_amd64_neutral_96acedffbbd33af8

C:\Windows\System32

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (only for 64 Bit Systems)

This may looks different in the 32 bit Version:

"C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository" must be the same, and this is almost the same "pin2dmd.inf_amd64_neutral_96acedffbbd33af8".

I have no 32Bit system anymore, so just try it and look for a Folder named with "pin2dmd.inf" in the beginning, when it is not the same name.

I suggest you to delete this complete Folder:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ pin2dmd.inf_amd64_neutral_96acedffbbd33af8

regards

Sascha

Thanks UncleSash the 12-15-15 was the first version that didn't use the new libusb, so I tried that one (PIN2DMD-master_RGB_12-15-2015). When I wiped my latest pin2dmd folder off my machine and copied the 12-15-15 it works first try (with the latest firmware on the board). Not sure if this means its the driver or the driver interface dll (libusb-1.0), but anyway it works again, hopefully we can track down why it crashes with the latest stuff on Windows 7.

I have access to Visual Studio (right now I only have VS2015 installed) but when I tried to compile the managed C++ version of pin2dmd it acted like I didn't have support for managed C++, I have a version directly from Microsoft's MSDN (I have an account through work), never dealt with managed C++ but know C++ and C# very well. In theory I can remote debug to my pinball machine if I can get this compiled anyway. It may be a while before I can get to that though.

• Content Provider

Thanks UncleSash the 12-15-15 was the first version that didn't use the new libusb, so I tried that one (PIN2DMD-master_RGB_12-15-2015). When I wiped my latest pin2dmd folder off my machine and copied the 12-15-15 it works first try (with the latest firmware on the board). Not sure if this means its the driver or the driver interface dll (libusb-1.0), but anyway it works again, hopefully we can track down why it crashes with the latest stuff on Windows 7.

That sounds good.

I still use the old driver on my system.

All the new stuff works out with it.

The latest FW and the latest Pin2DMD.exe Tool.

But I am happy that you fixed your system!

Keep the old GitHub zips (FW files ).

- Sascha

• Content Provider

I have access to Visual Studio (right now I only have VS2015 installed) but when I tried to compile the managed C++ version of pin2dmd it acted like I didn't have support for managed C++, I have a version directly from Microsoft's MSDN (I have an account through work), never dealt with managed C++ but know C++ and C# very well. In theory I can remote debug to my pinball machine if I can get this compiled anyway. It may be a while before I can get to that though.

I use VS2012 Express to compile on Windows7 - 64bit. I´m really curious what the problem is. Would be great if you could track this down by debugging.

Archived