Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

previously, the display function normally, I made a new installation of the software and now I still have the message "PIN2DMD not found"  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I show me the name of the device:  PIN2DMD (interface 1)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Again a few pictures of a pin2dmd installation this time in a WPC Dr. Who using the shield by UncleSash (rev 1.2).

After a little widening the drill holes I was able to mount the pbc with two distance bolts like I've done in the HS2 before.

SD Card is accessable from the top, so its very easy to exchange files if needed.

Cheers Steve

Very nice! I like it!

For a more easy installation I suppose to use my PCB mounting legs.

There you can adjust the distance between the holes very easy (just turn them in the perfect position and tight the screws) and you don't have to worry about the right holes.

And you have all ready a distance between the PCB and the Panel from the height of the legs!

sideview - Set with PCB mounts

• Content Provider

Very nice! I like it!

For a more easy installation I suppose to use my PCB mounting legs.

There you can adjust the distance between the holes very easy (just turn them in the perfect position and tight the screws) and you don't have to worry about the right holes.

And you have all ready a distance between the PCB and the Panel from the height of the legs!

228682efa02fcaf2c6e4495092cc1d5d.jpg

Even better, but had nothing at hand unfortunately.

One of the screws for the leg, the one besides HUB#1 is a little hard because is too close to the header. I had to dremel the header corner a little bit for the screw (like the one show in picture) to go down entirely. It's difficult because it have the wide "head" that interfere with the header. Nothing mayor. Hope for Rev1.4 address the issue ;)

• Content Provider

One of the screws for the leg, the one besides HUB#1 is a little hard because is too close to the header. I had to dremel the header corner a little bit for the screw (like the one show in picture) to go down entirely. It's difficult because it have the wide "head" that interfere with the header. Nothing mayor. Hope for Rev1.4 address the issue ;)

Thank you for the feedback.

I checked it and it is fixed for the new layout for round#4 .... sorry about that in round 3.

Batch 1 & 2 was no Problem with it.

The screw heads with this batch from the legs, was a little bigger as on the batch before.

I don´t realized that before.

But  we try to keep the costs for the shiels as low as possible, so I hope nobody is mad with me about this small thing.  B)

And I´m still a hobbiest like everbody here and not a Pro seller like people from other DMD Products in other Forums. ;)

- Sascha

Holes are in round 4 farther away from the headers, take a look on my Layout preview:

Pin2DMD rev1.4 Shield EAGLE Layout

• Content Provider

First proof of concept demo: pin2dmd firmware 1.02 replacing frames while game is running. replacement frames are read from sd card and can have higher color resolution than original games.

Also new: short firmware version info on startup, and live debug mode, where palette no and replacement frame no are show in the live display (of course normally off)

As always the colors are not that bright, maybe I try again and add a recording, but at second 17 you see, that not only a palette switch has happend, but also

the image uses more that 3 foreground colors!!

(second recording see second 47)

Replacement sequence was created using the pin2dmd editor, which creates two exports files to be copied to the sd card.

Cheers Steve

• Content Provider

Hi guys

First excuse my English

I bought the DMD panel from aliexpress : they sent me a GRB panel !

I installed the firmware, checked all connections : I have an alignment problem on the first line and the middle one

Thanks for your help

Without these panels on my desk it is hard to do anything about the sync problem. Either fiddle around yourself in rgb_out.c

or I suggest to send them back. To get the colors right you can swap wires.

My p5 panels came in 1/16 scan when I do each one by itself it works , when I combine all 4 I get this , tested all ribbon cables . any ideas ?

You get what ?

Hi guys

First excuse my English

I bought the DMD panel from aliexpress : they sent me a GRB panel !

I installed the firmware, checked all connections : I have an alignment problem on the first line and the middle one

Thanks for your help

The same here...

i ordered one kit from rappelbox.. Rgb 

and one kit from angela.. Grb

solved for the color by swapping cables.. but still got the bad lines...

• Content Provider

Steve45 what p6 panels did u use?

http://de.aliexpress.com/item/hot-sale-high-quality-p5-indoor-fullcolor-1-16scanning-320x160mm-64x32dots-led-module-led-dot-matrix/1911701666.html

Was p5 not p6 sorry, but these are just plain rgb panel. I ordered in Apr 2015 and it was a random selection more or less.

Cheers Steve

• Content Provider

My p5 panels came in 1/16 scan when I do each one by itself it works , when I combine all 4 I get this , tested all ribbon cables . any ideas ?

What do you mean by "combine all 4"? To get a dmd 128x32 you just combine 2 of those panel, right?

• Content Provider

If you connected only 2 panels and still get such a picture you can try to slow down the data output to the panels by increasing

this value in rgb_out.c

TIM_TimeBaseStructure.TIM_Period = 1;

Try 2 and see if it is getting better.

this error pops up, as I want to install the latest software

I had the same error today. Do what it says, add that c99 option to the compile command. I can show a screen shot when I get to my computer later.

First go to the View/Configuration menu...

Then in that window, enter -std=c99 in the Misc Controls area, like this:

1451961950.png

With those changes it should build fine with just warnings.

Finally got all the pieces working together, pin2dmd mounted (custom 3-d printed frame), firmware flashed, and colorized roms working. Great work from everyone involved!

Picture of mounting:

1451962913.png

Picture of pin2dmd with a colorized rom:

1451963098.png

I had the same error today. Do what it says, add that c99 option to the compile command. I can show a screen shot when I get to my computer later.

First go to the View/Configuration menu...

Then in that window, enter -std=c99 in the Misc Controls area, like this:

1451961950.png

With those changes it should build fine with just warnings.

Thank you
In the evening, I'll be tested  ;)

Archived