Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

First delete all mentioned keys and the import the new settings from the reg-key.

Starting regedit with the provided "runassystem"-tool worked without any problems. I imported UncleSash's settings without problems... I even started it out of the zip-file it has been in!

Greets,

Dom

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure I try all... but the problem is when you boot from a cold start, meaning that the PC is completely off, without even a power cord in the wall. Then when you boot the board power up with the logo but when you go to device manager there is no Pin2DMD in usb. So when you start a game led screen don't receive data.

Dazz, if you found something let me know please. Is the only issue I'm having in windows 10.

• Content Provider

It is a open Problem with the LibUSB and USB 3.x ports.

Try a USB 2.0 port!

Or try an active USB 2.0 HUB on a USB 3.0 port.

I use my internal Monitor USB 2.0 HUB with the USB3.0 port on my laptop without any problems.

But the Pin2DMD directly at the USB 3.0 is not working.

Tip at the end:

Delete Windows10!

Use Windows 7!

It runs much smoother with custom made USB drivers!

Don't have any usb 2.0 in mobo.

Will try a external usb dongle to see if it does something.

Sorry, Windows 7 vs Windows 10 is like night and day. I'll stay in Windows 10, thanks.

Oh and: https://github.com/libusb/libusb/wiki/FAQ

you should check on the official website of your mobo, it may be possible to add USB 2.0 ports. in my case I have the same problem but I can add

• Administrators

First delete all mentioned keys and the import the new settings from the reg-key.

Starting regedit with the provided "runassystem"-tool worked without any problems. I imported UncleSash's settings without problems... I even started it out of the zip-file it has been in!

Greets,

Dom

Well, partial success... once i deleted the registry keys and imported the Pin2DMD.reg, restarted the STM and it worked.  I was able to send the DMD to the LED screens.  However, as vampirolatino2 stated, when rebooting it goes back to not being recognized. Rebooting the STM brings up the logo screen but the drivers are not loaded again.  Back to square one... I have verified and using USB 2.0 ports. 

Thanks Dazz for the confirmation. I will try some things I have been reading that might help the situation....?

1. Check what version of libusb is been loaded in the STM (I did not program the card), because as the wiki states, usb 3.0 is supported. https://github.com/libusb/libusb/wiki/Windows

2. Check with a program that install libusb drivers to windows http://zadig.akeo.ie/

3. Use usb 2.x dongle ... but reading your comment it doesn't look is a version problem?

4. My mobo is the ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K6, all the usb's in the mobo are 3.1 or 3.0 ..... if anyone know how to add 2.0 usb ports, let me know.

• Content Provider

The libusb version we currently have to use is libusb-win32 1.2.6 since this is the one which is used by 

all the applications (Pinballx , Pinmame, UltraDMD etc). This version is no longer updated from the developers

side as you can read here http://sourceforge.net/p/libusb-win32/wiki/Home/

From the hardware side we could easily switch to winusb which would bring a hassle free driver installation,

but that would have the need to port all software to that software interface.

A possible way could be latest libusb (not win32) from here http://libusb.info which supports winusb and

libusb-win32 drivers. If that works we could migrate the applications step by step.

To be honest I´m not the Visual Studio guy and therefore need some support on that side how the port

to latest libusb can be done. I already have contact to mjr and toxie about that, but as you can imagine 

they are very busy with all  the other stuff they take care of. So if any of you is more familiar with VC++

feel free to have a look at it.  :D

• Content Provider

Here is another video of an installation with two displays using sascha's shield rev 1.2 which has two hub75 outlets.

On top of the backbox there's two P6 panels connected to the second hub75 and an additional power supply. gives a special topper or kind of "tournament display"

cheers Steve

I've done a few pictures from my installation in a "High Speed 2 - The Getaway". It's using the shield from rappelbox and a laser cutted frame made by formulor.

Hi Steve  fantastic job

to get your frame cut do you have to supply them with plans ( never had anything cut before)

going to see if i can get something cut here in Australia  and just figuring out where to start

do you have any drawing or what thickness you use.  i have seen some plastic frames as well  

any ideas would be good flying blind here

my vpin had the correct dmd size all ready cut out

cheers again

What's causing this ? is it a timing issue,bad connection or something else?

Updated to the latest firmware, and using rappelbox's pcb.1450964780.jpg1450964834.jpg

Hi guys!

I've got the same problem on my displays to that I got from Rappelbox. When I use solid colours it's gone. It's a shame because it's kind of ruining the otherwise perfect experience a bit.

One other question, do I need a microsd cart for saving my PinDMD settings? They don't stay the way I put them after shutting down the power of my pincab.

Thanks!

• Content Provider

Hi guys!

I've got the same problem on my displays to that I got from Rappelbox. When I use solid colours it's gone. It's a shame because it's kind of ruining the otherwise perfect experience a bit.

One other question, do I need a microsd cart for saving my PinDMD settings? They don't stay the way I put them after shutting down the power of my pincab.

Thanks!

You either load them via USB each time you start your cab or need a microSD

• Content Provider

which may be the reason ??

By just telling you used zadig you don´t tell which driver you installed.

You have to use libusb-win32 for pin2dmd to work. Please try again and follow

the instructions made by UncleSash.

• Content Provider

Again a few pictures of a pin2dmd installation this time in a WPC Dr. Who using the shield by UncleSash (rev 1.2).

After a little widening the drill holes I was able to mount the pbc with two distance bolts like I've done in the HS2 before.

SD Card is accessable from the top, so its very easy to exchange files if needed.

Cheers Steve

post-9256-0-20601100-1451830786_thumb.jpg

post-9256-0-30130800-1451830788_thumb.jpg

post-9256-0-62402300-1451830790_thumb.jpg

post-9256-0-45285200-1451830792_thumb.jpg

post-9256-0-70697600-1451830794_thumb.jpg

post-9256-0-33323600-1451830797_thumb.jpg

Archived