Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Pre Order for ROUND 3 is officially started!

rev 1.3 (round 3) comes with 2 HUB75 HEADER on board!

order here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2250-pin2dmd-prorder-backorder

When you live in Europe... you prefere maybe Rappelbox PreOrder for the EU

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2253-pin2dmd-eu-preorder/

Hi

I can not run the tables only SAM STERN, I care to test PIN2DMD on Spiderman

Game Roms Invalid

roms have downloaded from the website STERN, 

earlier on Windows XP, everything worked, now on Windows 10 I have problems :/

• Content Provider

Here is a picture of the usb raw transfer mode where you can see that you are not limitted to 16 color palettes

using it. This is mainly for developpers which want to transfer content without having to think about the color limitations.

(Maybe video streaming using Ultra DMD :D ) As a test I implemented a picture display routine in the upcoming vc++

release of pin2dmd.exe. I also implemented a clear routine in the current firmware and tool (/c option) to reset

back to default palette etc It can be used instead of /r which disconnects usb for a short time. Firmware and tool can

be found on github.

post-7772-0-91286400-1448893780_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

I thought about increasing the color depth for the display routine also before I implemented this,

When I look at the result I´m confident that with the given resolution of 128x32 pixel the colors depth

we have it is already enough. If you have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monochrome_and_RGB_palettes

for my eyes starting from 12 up to 24bit there is absolutely no difference in the parrot picture

but eats up a lot of resources processing the additional data. I think we save these resources for

other features.

Hi

I can not run the tables only SAM STERN, I care to test PIN2DMD on Spiderman

Game Roms Invalid

roms have downloaded from the website STERN, 

earlier on Windows XP, everything worked, now on Windows 10 I have problems :/

I forgot to change the roms name   ;)

• Content Provider

I thought about increasing the color depth for the display routine also before I implemented this,

When I look at the result I´m confident that with the given resolution of 128x32 pixel the colors depth

we have it is already enough.

When I say increasing I was only refering to the limits of the original frames, that can only use 4 or 16 different colors, not the color depth pin2dmd is able to display in general.

When replacing frame, it would be possible to use 16 colors instead of 4 for WPC games or even up to 32 or 64 different colors in one single frame, which will of course improve 

the experience.

but there ist still a lot of work to do:

1. improve the editor to create such replacement frames.

2. export it to sd card file(s)

3. improve pin2dmd firmware to be able to read and replace replacement frames instead of the ones coming from normal input.

I'm not even sure if this will work out as expected, because of maybe timing issues with sd card reading, but I will try.

cheers Steve

• Content Provider

When I say increasing I was only refering to the limits of the original frames, that can only use 4 or 16 different colors, not the color depth pin2dmd is able to display in general.

When replacing frame, it would be possible to use 16 colors instead of 4 for WPC games or even up to 32 or 64 different colors in one single frame, which will of course improve 

the experience.

but there ist still a lot of work to do:

1. improve the editor to create such replacement frames.

2. export it to sd card file(s)

3. improve pin2dmd firmware to be able to read and replace replacement frames instead of the ones coming from normal input.

I'm not even sure if this will work out as expected, because of maybe timing issues with sd card reading, but I will try.

cheers Steve

Do I need a licensed version of Pinball Browser to modify the roms? I colored Sopranos using the Pin2dmd editor but don't know what to do with that info

• Content Provider

This post is not about modifying roms. This is about using replacment frames store somewhere else e.g. SD card.

Rom modifications work only for stern and only with licensened pb. What I'm talking about is doing it for non stern as well.

And of course without rom modification because in a real pinball machine I dont want to burn roms.

I'm not sure how this will work for vpins but maybe one could also use the sdcard for storing additional frames.

Steve

• Content Provider

I saw your video about modifying the Twilight Zone colors, I wasn't sure if you had a solution yet, whether it be rom modification like the smartdmd files or via the sd card... I guess what I'm saying is, what can I do with the pin2dmd editor besides color the frames, and what can i do with those frames once they're colored...?

• Administrators

I haven't looked into what all is involved when it comes to the roms for this...  But I am already working on creating a download section for Pin2DMD files and documentation already. Anyone see an issue with us hosting the color patched roms?

• Content Provider

did they give approval for the vpinmame sam? no, this is worse than patch of roms for giving colors, what could be worse is to provide the rom themselves

wait, they are also already there :D , so according to me, i don't see the issue

Hi! Just tried to play some ATF with only geen shades in VPinMAME,
but sometimes in certain animations the palette turns red/blue instead, like ball save/status report and on an attack - which flickers like in this video... :(

What is wrong as I only want to have green shades atm.

(newest FW from 011215)

• Content Provider

Do you have a sd card installed ?

Please check your PIN2DMD LEDs also and look if green or orange LED near

the blue are toggling when this happens.

What are the exact color values you have set.

Hi!

No, I still have not got my new ordered SD-cads so I'm riding "vanilla" here

I did a reset in VPinMAME of the colors and the white/red/blue worked like a charm.

Looks like changing the colors manually didn't work.

here's a pic of it, played with no such errors as above with the default palette

just wish I cuold get more original DMD look.

Guess I have to play with the default until I get my cards then?

Thanks for the quick reply! :D

palette01.jpg

Archived