Unable To Get Output From Table But Dof Tester Is Fine

elnino

Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of assistance here.  I had to reload my Pinball machine due to upgrade.

I had the latest versions of DirectB2S and DOF running fine on the old setup.

I backed up the hard drive, reloaded windows from scratch and have reinstalled VP 990 but also tried with older versions, DirectB2S, DOF VPINMame etc. and copied all of the config files back over to the relevant folders on the new install.

Everything is working ok apart from my toys when playing a table.  The DOF tester controls all my toys fine (ArtNet controller) and the backglasses are working fine too.  When I go to the DirectB2S config, Addins are enabled and the DOF addin shows fine but the toys just don't fire!

I've checked all of the DOF DLL/EXE for blocking and they are all fine. DOF is installed in c:\DirectOutput and i have a shortcut in my tables\Plugins folder pointing to it (as before)

I've been messing with this for a day and have got nowhere.

What could be wrong?

Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of assistance here.  I had to reload my Pinball machine due to upgrade.

I had the latest versions of DirectB2S and DOF running fine on the old setup.

I backed up the hard drive, reloaded windows from scratch and have reinstalled VP 990 but also tried with older versions, DirectB2S, DOF VPINMame etc. and copied all of the config files back over to the relevant folders on the new install.

Everything is working ok apart from my toys when playing a table.  The DOF tester controls all my toys fine (ArtNet controller) and the backglasses are working fine too.  When I go to the DirectB2S config, Addins are enabled and the DOF addin shows fine but the toys just don't fire!

I've checked all of the DOF DLL/EXE for blocking and they are all fine. DOF is installed in c:\DirectOutput and i have a shortcut in my tables\Plugins folder pointing to it (as before)

I've been messing with this for a day and have got nowhere.

What could be wrong?

Did you re-Register the DOF file

• Content Provider

Just to be sure:

Double check that you only have one instance of b2s.server on your cab.

In almost all cases where problems like this occured, the problem was a second installation of b2s.server. Since b2s.ser is a com object you dont know for sure (it would be possible to lookup the path in the registry), from which path b2s.server is launched. Therefore the best adivce is to avoid several b2s.installations if possible.

I don't believe I have more than one install since it's a fresh install.  However, I do have a copy of the Visual Pinball folder on the PC (renamed) - What is the best way to check for this?

Edit: I checked registered DLL's with an app i found and there is only one instance of both DOF and B2s so I'm pretty confident that is not the issue

I worked it out!  I went back over the documentation line by line and double checking all of my work, then I realized a silly mistake.  I had made a typo in the GlobalConfiguration_b2SServer.xml file name 'Golbal...' and did not pick it up when checking it on the DOF tester.  It was simply the fact that it effectively did not have a Global config file there...  Renamed the file and 'bingo!', got blinky lights.

Ahh, so much time wasted over a simple typo!

Archived