Addressable Rgb's

randr

@swisslizard can we script the strobe effect into matrix aswell? Missing my strobes. I used small 3/4" round strobes on each end of my 5 flasher bar. That would free up 16 ports in ledwiz! I tested and effect is good for strobe

As an option of coarse

• Content Provider

there we come to a problem, because i'm not interested to have strobes in the matrix, i removed the strobe that i had there because it was too much for my eyes, now i have a dmx strobe on my back and i'm fully satisfied asis.

that's greate for some people and nto for others, so i don't know how we can handle that

Thanks to swisslizard you can now emulate strobes on the matrix. Effect is just like I had with 5 flasher bar with strobes mounted on ends. Video of Jurassic park boot up...

The possibilities are endless really. This will be a simple replacement for 5 flasher bar/strobes and with added effects soooooo much more can be done.

http://youtu.be/bJ572Glr97E

• Content Provider

Well, you can configure 5 flashers as a matrix with a low resolution and apply the configs for the ledstrips to that matrix. DOF will try to scale to effects to the size of the matrix. So there would be some effect, but obviously it will look completely different. ;)

You need a rgb addressable controller that works with dof...currently Swisslizards board is only in supported I think though I may be wrong

I tried to find all about that board here and in the other forum - but as far as I read it is "not to be ordered yet" - or did I missed something?

All I read about the way it works, price, etc, sounds fantastic - so I would love to buy it.

In case it is not available - would an alternative be to use a Teensy (should be fast enough and there is a Artnet library existing, even including a demo for RGB Strips (Neopixel). Just from reading I get the feeling that a Teensy + Ethernet Controller + Artnet + DOF should work?

Bad side: much more work to get everything working...

Positive: Teensy can do much more. Can run at the same time as USB keyboard/Joystick, to handle Nudge, buttons and other devices.

Would that work or stupid and will fail?

From what I saw on the DOF page, Artnet is a supported device, similiar to Swisslizards board? No other software/controller coding required?

• Content Provider

The controller board is not yet available. There is still ab bit of work going on to improve the firmware for even faster communcation between the host system and the controller board..

Artnet can be used as well for the ledstrips. No problem there. Pixelmagic has done a few experiments which have worked well. Only downside is that you only have 512 channels per Artnet universe, which limits you to about 170leds per strip.

Btw, Neopixels use the WS2811 resp. WS2812 chips.

If you have the necessary equipment to make your own PCBs, you can also make your own strip controller board: http://pinball.weilenmann.net/LedStripController/LedstripControllerV3.pdf

The main downside of this design compared to the newer SMD design I'm working on now, is that a few pins have changed, which means that the firmware for the SMD board does not work right away and needs a little tweaking.

thanks a lot for the fast answer.

is that a few pins have changed, which means that the firmware for the SMD board does not work right away and needs a little tweaking.

I don't want to go in a direction where I cut myself of from your future work :-)

If I find time, I'll start with Artnet, short Ledstrip and learn DOF playing with a notebook.

Then I still can install the strips,start with Artnet, till your board is available and then simply replace the controller.

I have a Teensy, only need to purchase an Ethernet board (5€), so no big investment lost here.

In any case, a big thanks for all your work, just watching the videos shows that this will be a super improvement of every cabinet. Thanks to share that with the community!