[Vp10] Stones_10_Rtm_1.5_Final.rar

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=3573

File Name: Stones_10_RTM_1.5_FINAL.rar

File Submitter: DozerAUS

File Submitted: 02 Aug 2015

File Category: Visual Pinball 10 - Tables

Permission to Mod: Contact Author First.
ROM Name: rsn_110h
VP Version: v10 Beta

This is the initial release of Stern's 2011 "The Rolling Stones" for VP10 (LE/Premium Version).

**IMPORTANT**

Please make sure you are using VPX Final before you play this table.

Many thanks to all the authors and content contributors who made this table possible. Especially
whoever made the primitives used in this table. (Let me know who you are and I will update this description
with credits). Without them, the mick mech in its current state would not have been possible.

Although VP10 supports a built in desktop mode, I have not bothered to tweak the desktop settings so this release is
primarily intended for cabinets. I may get some time at a later date to tweak this but I'd rather do it if and when
a good primitive model for the lips is made. At the moment the lips are using an old fashioned ramp image.

The left and right stop posts are assigned to left/right magnasave and the center post is currently assigned to the extra ball button.
These are activated manually but timed by the rom for deactivation.

It is strongly recommended to configure the LE version of the rom to activate the timed ball saver as by default it is turned off. Although the game plays quite conservatively with the current outlane post settings, the game can be a drain monster.

Also, as the game starts the first ball wait a few seconds before plunging until the playfield insert lamps start as there is a small delay before the skillshot lights etc. become available. This seems to be an emulation issue and beyond my control. It is barely noticeable though.

Please post any bugs or comments in the appropriate support topic and I'll take a look from time to time to see if they can be fixed.

Have Fun - Dozer.

Click here to download this file

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Nice table, but in desktop version the ball is often stuck at this place (see screenshot below):

889610rollingstone.jpg

Oups sorry didn't read the most important : Although VP10 supports a built in desktop mode, I have not bothered to tweak the desktop settings so this release is

primarily intended for cabinets  :blink: 

++

• Content Provider

There's up posts there to capture the ball (meaning: it's a feature of the game), it should release shortly after that. Does it remain stuck there? 

It looks like there's some Z scale stuff going on though, look how tall Mick is, the spinner cuts through the bracket, the level looks a bit off. I assume that's what he means by not set up for desktop. Gameplay should not be affected at all by rotation settings.

Yes, the models scale badly, but that ball hang is weird, there is no up post where the arrow is, it's to the right under the Ronnie model.

I'll take a look at it as soon as I get some time and see if I can find out what's going on.

I too don't understand why there's a ball hang up there by simply selecting desktop mode as there is not one there in cabinet mode.

Not sure what is going on, But everytime I try to load a table in vp10 I get error "cannot load table of that type". I installed it the way I have done all the vp updates, In the visual pinball file? It opens fine but cannot get past this point any help would be great.

I've fixed the desktop issues, uploading an update now. It's weird Fren, the geometry seems to change between desktop and cabinet even though it shouldn't?

Brtlkat, are you using the latest Beta? - try downloading the 1.1 update which will be available shortly.

Wow I worked on this for a few days, Thinking I was doing something wrong, Works great now. Big thanks to Dozeraus and Paulohotline. Now I get to try all the new vp 10 tables out. One more thing can I make a folder (vpexetables) in hyperpin/settings like the other physic mod tables to play them in hyperpin? Could I put it in the same folder and after the game name would it be vpinballx.exe?

Great Table. Some Problem by my setup machine terminated check rom path. Rom is in the right folder, pinmame setup starts the rom. But the table would not start :-( .

Using the vpx 2152, downloading the rom again nothing, could someone help. By the way the king kong table starts.

Sorry for my poor english.

• Content Provider

Paul how do I get some of the vp 10 tables I see in your profile from the link? Tables like king kong, king pin and some of the other vp10 tables or point me in the right direction, Thanks in advance

Over on VPF, the "VP10 Table Testing" thread has them. Kingpin may not work with latest version though. I'll update it soon and get it uploaded here

What is the name of the rom you are using?

Great Table. Some Problem by my setup machine terminated check rom path. Rom is in the right folder, pinmame setup starts the rom. But the table would not start :-( .

Using the vpx 2152, downloading the rom again nothing, could someone help. By the way the king kong table starts.

Check out Line 4 of the script and see the Rom name -> Const cGameName = "rsn_110h"

You need to download the Rolling Stones LE rom from the Stern code website here -> http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code#

Rename the zip file rsn_110h.zip  and make sure its in your Rom directory.

Well that's quite strange then.

If the other table loads the rom fine, then a vpinmame issue seems to be out of the question.

Is this the first time you have run VP10 (just for this table)?

Can you assign admin privileges to the VP10 executable and see if that helps?

Archived