Stern's Rolling Stones

edizzle

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desktop users, grab version 1.1 just uploaded, fixes the issues that were present in desktop mode including the ball hangs and primitive heights.

Cabinet users should update as well as a couple of scaling issues were fixed although not noticeable to game play in cabinet mode.

Theoretically there should have been no issues between modes, but the software is still beta so there may be an issue in the current beta version.

At any rate it plays well in both modes now.

Thank you DozerAUS for the quick update, works.

Thank you 32assassin for the great background.

Oh, problem found.

I use this nice background picture but I can see the background picture between the Ramps and walls(left, right, up)

Dozer the table is playing great. One thing I noticed, the ball sometime gets snagged in the shooter lane when it gets kicked out in a multiple ball situations & ball starts. So the ball sometimes rocks and clips the ball exit and gets bogged down. It's not a big deal but I have no idea how to tweak it :)

@paulohotline I actually left it that way to give it a bit of randomness but if it's bothering you try this.

Back your table Up.

Open the table in the editor and on the left where the grid matrix is numbered 1 to 8 with the # symbol, turn off everything except layer 1.

Move over to the area near the ball exit and at the end of the tunnel leading out of the trough where it feeds into the shooter lane, you'll see a gate there.

It's just a line with an arrow pointing right named BallReleaseGate.

Select the gate and then use the right arrow key to move it across until it lines up with the outside edge of the wall marked with the green arrow.

Save the table and test. If the ball won't come out at all now you've moved it too far. Just repeat the process but move it back a little until it tightens up the action as the ball enters the shooter lane.

post-7041-0-29994900-1438790903_thumb.png

Thanks Dozer for the info. Please setup your "beer me" function when you get a chance or PM me your paypal address. I copied the ACDC DOF variables over to this game and it works ok but the shaker keeps going off every time I hit Mick :)

Somebody wake up Arngrim's in his part of the world :)

Hey thanks! I have read about project pinball on Stern's website, nice idea and great cause.

I did notice one thing when playing yesterday and am not sure if this is a VP10 issue. I have the nudge buttons in VP10 also setup as the Right and Left Magnasaves in my keys settings. However on the cabinet, the nudge buttons are working fine in this table but not activating the posts. Any idea why its these buttons cannot do double duty?  

I have tested this on a desktop PC where I use a keyboard to play the table and the magnasave keys are working fine but the each function has its own dedicated key.

Are you using Physmod5

I'm using VP10. Is there an option to use Physmod within VP10? This is the first table I've tried with the new VP10. 

I also noticed in that in the script all of the ball trough commands are ' commented out. If I uncomment them all I get an error on line 103 of the script. If i comment just that line out in the script the game will launch finally but I can't put a ball into the trough. Odd.

Hey there Pinbill, no there is no option to use Physmod with VP10, they're two completely different progs.

The message about no pinballs located is due to the trough not being populated at power on.

Uncommenting the trough class in the script won't help as it's not being used on this table. Actually it will work in that the switches will be closed getting

rid of the missing pinballs error but won't launch a new ball etc.

When you installed VP10, did you also install the associated vbs scripts that came with it?

Also, let me know what version of VP10 your are using. (Help/About).

I installed VP10 into my exisiting VP9 directory. I extracted and overwrote all of the included vbs files in my tables directory. I'm using the latest build (rev 2162). It's the only VPX table I've tried to load so far. VP9 tables seem to play fine (i.e. Shrek). 

I had this problem once before with Indiana Jones when it came out in December. That problem was fixed by updating the VPinMAME to the latest version. I updated that again with the 2.14 unified version from this site, ran as admin, and unblocked all the .DLL's. I'm still unable to get past the missing balls error. When I go into the service menu in the game it comes up with a technicians bulletin to install 5 balls. I can't figure out how to manually add them.

I also tried deleting the NVRAM file and starting over, but that didn't help. I'm at a loss right now.  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived