Stern's Rolling Stones

edizzle

• Content Provider

screenshot.png

Thanks to 85Vette for posting the playfield.  I decided to try my first Stern SAM build.  Still a ways to go, but I am finally starting to be a little more efficient at builds.  I started with TMNT (as you can see with the bumper caps).  It also helps when looking at other builder's fine tables.  It's partially playable, with the moving Mick being the glaring missing piece.  I have some ideas on how to script it.  I will definitely look at the Batman Dark Knight Crane script, as I think it would be pretty similar with the main difference being different switches are triggered depending on Mick's position.  I may give it a go and if I can't get it, I'll probably turn the scripting pros. 

Plastic resources are a bit surprisingly hard to come by so still looking for some good resources on that.

This table overall seems very basic compared to the modern stern pins...no VUKs, very open playfield with very little toys, but it makes for some fast shots and potentially lots of combos.

I am currently doing this in PM5.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

same here, my son knows all the rules & how it plays, PM me if needed...

and while i'm saying that, a small recall, we could also betatest NBA & MET with no prob

:)

Fantastic - looking forward to this one... if you need a beta tester :)

Hey guys, in case you missed the other topic, the Rolling Stones WIP is available for all to check out and modify however they like.  It is not complete and at this time, I won't be updating it.  But feel free continue the build if you like.

Some progress.

This seems like one of the only modern stern's where the LE version (or premium) can be emulated properly in VP.

There are no higher AUX board solenoids for any of the additional toys so I'm planning on working on two versions.

The issue with the premium is that there are two extra cabinet buttons used for the left and right stop posts as well as the center drain post which requires both additional flipper buttons to be pressed simultaneously so you'd need 4 flipper buttons unless you have assigned some alternative magnasave functions to your flipper buttons and can activate both magnasaves simultaneously.

Not sure how I'll go about working around that but for the moment, I'll keep working on both. The Premium also has a ceramic ball which is white but in the current WIP is green :). It also has under playfield magnets.

When the ceramic ball is out, double scoring is activated and the two magnets under the playfield don't affect the ceramic ball I believe.

At any rate, it's starting to look ok, will post videos as progress continues.

https://youtu.be/aKfiTAp7LB8

Archived