Americas Most Haunted

85vett

• Content Provider

I've come to find out that the software for this game is fully open sourced.  Does anyone know if it's possible to use that code in VP so that this table could be built?  I have a friend that owns the game of which I could get some good resource images from it and could build the table but I wasn't sure about the software integration into VP.  It's a pretty basic game but is really pretty fun to play.  With a limited run of only 150 games being made it would be nice to get a good VP version out there so others can enjoy it too.

If someone knows how to convert the code and would want to team up on a project like this let me know.

• 3 months later...

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the gifs to work with UltraDMD. The test table works fine and has the animations. This table however, doesn't animate at all.

This is what I have:

C:\Games\Visual Pinball\Tables

America's Most Haunted.vpt

America's Most Haunted.directb2s

C:\Games\Visual Pinball\Tables\America's Most Haunted.UltraDMD (hundreds of gifs inside)

Not sure how to get it to animate. The UltraDMD splash screen shows but then turns black and occasionally shows the score.

Please help.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the gifs to work with UltraDMD. The test table works fine and has the animations. This table however, doesn't animate at all.

This is what I have:

C:\Games\Visual Pinball\Tables

America's Most Haunted.vpt

America's Most Haunted.directb2s

C:\Games\Visual Pinball\Tables\America's Most Haunted.UltraDMD (hundreds of gifs inside)

Not sure how to get it to animate. The UltraDMD splash screen shows but then turns black and occasionally shows the score.

Please help.

Are you using the latest version of the game for VP 991

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11261

NOTE: This guide presumes that you have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed in advance, if not, get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16614

1. Download the .vpx table and place in your Visual Pinball\Tables folder

2. Download the GIF pack and place the folder in your Visual Pinball\Tables folder (dir should remain named America's Most Haunted.UltraDMD)

3. Download the Music pack and extract it to Visual Pinball\Music

4. Download XDMD beta 0.2 from XDMD.info/download, unpack to C: or anywhere you're comfortable (for this example I'm placing the XDMD install directly at the C: level)

5. Download XDMD beta 0.3 preview from XDMD.info/download and replace the XDMD.dll in C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release with this one

>>> MAKE SURE YOU UNBLOCK ALL FILES IN THE C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release FOLDER

6. Download the latest UltraDMD from ultradmd.wordpress.com/download/ - currently 1.1.150215, and unpack this to C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release

7. Now you need to register UltraDMD, you can do this potentially two ways. The easiest way, if it works, is to open a command prompt in ADMINISTRATOR mode and navigate to the C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release folder, type "UltraDMD.exe /i" (without quotes) and press enter. It should register and give you confirmation.

If this doesn't work, you need to open a command prompt window in ADMINISTRATOR mode and navigate to C:\XDMD\XDMD Demo\bin\Release and then paste this into the command window:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegASM UltraDMD.exe

this will confirm that the EXE is registered! You should be good to go now!

***The following is not necessary to play, but may be helpful for those who want more:

If you wish to use the included B2S, navigate to your Visual Pinball\User folder and create a Text document, name it LMEMDOFTables.txt

In this file place a single number:

0 - No controller (no b2s, technically not needed)

1 - B2S - this will be most common

2 - B2S with mechanical sounds disabled! This is for those buggers with all the fancy contactors and solenoids and strobes and such. You know who you are!

Just make sure you place the included .directb2s file in the same folder as the .vpx table!

Sorry, it's just a static B2S for now!

All the scripting and conversion of this table to VP in the first place was done by Shoopity, it's really fine work and without him this would just be a dream.

Thanks to UltraPeepi for the fantastic UltraDMD program!

Thanks to arngrim for DOF scripting!

Thanks to Knorr for the new feedback sounds!

Thanks to my table testers!

Thanks to the VP devs who have put so much work into the VPX Beta so far!

Of course thanks to Ben Heckendorn for creating the real table this recreation pays homage t

Yes I am. I don't have VP10 setup yet. The UltraDMD2 table seems to work with the animations. I'm thinking the table that I have 1.3 script is missing some ultradmd line or something.

*edit* I'm using the 1.3 table and script. The only thing that I've changed on it is the ' from in front of the b2s.

Dim Controller

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")

Controller.Run

I never changed any of the UltraDMD scripting on it.

Yes I am. I don't have VP10 setup yet. The UltraDMD2 table seems to work with the animations. I'm thinking the table that I have 1.3 script is missing some ultradmd line or something.

*edit* I'm using the 1.3 table and script. The only thing that I've changed on it is the ' from in front of the b2s.

Dim Controller

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")

Controller.Run

I never changed any of the UltraDMD scripting on it.

You should be using this file - no need to change the script

lmemtables.txt file in the User directory of wherever you have the VP executable.  If you don't have one, just create a text file with that name and put a 0, 1, or 2 as the only contents.

You should be using this file - no need to change the script

lmemtables.txt file in the User directory of wherever you have the VP executable.  If you don't have one, just create a text file with that name and put a 0, 1, or 2 as the only contents.

That's a "no go". I had to change that part of the script to get the b2s to show.

Still no animations on UltraDMD other than the splash screen.

It's the ultradmd that doesn't show the animations on that table. The test table worked fine through UltraDMD and so did the UltraDMD2 version of AMH but it's not the 1.3 version of the table and can't convert that one to FS like you can the 1.3. Ugh! This is frustrating! I stayed up way too late trying to figure it out and most of today so far. :(

Archived