Is Anyone Else Getting Redirected To Other Sites When Clicking On Vpuniverse.com Links?

jukedock

Hey all,

Over the past week or two - often when I click (via google) to this site - as I google topics, is anyone getting 'sent' to other sites proably one in 4 times.

This has happened on my pinball cabinet (Win7), my MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion OSX) and my desktop Mac (Snow Leoppard OSX).

It seems to be shall we say adult themed sites.  But only when I go into VPUNIVERSE via Google....

My AV is up to date - but I use Firefox mainly and sometimes google chrome.

Ta

• Content Provider

I haven't had it happen here, but it has happened at the "other site". I even had the page change while I was reading it, and didn't click anything. But I'd expect it from there.

• Content Provider

Same thing happened to me - only if i do a google search and click on the vpuniverse.com link.  It's random, not 100% re-direction.  If I use a vpuniverse bookmark no issues here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, this is still happening.  It would be *really* good if the admins would fix this - if you read the details of the hack, you'll see that this allows the malicious code to execute arbitrary php on the server, which could lead to much worse hacks down the road.  Recommend that people not download any files from this site containing .exes or other potential malware vectors until this gaping hole is closed.

• Administrators

Ok, so I've opened a ticket with IPB.  I've found the code in a skin_cache file deleted it, deleted database skin_cache, and skin_global.  After a while it gets re-added by a script that I can't find.  It looks like it is just the damn re-direct and it doesn't look like malicious code is being executed.  I just can't track down where the initial script is at.  If there is anyone here that can help out please let me know.

• 3 months later...

Archived